Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AnjanaYour feedback matters!
An irregular period, medically known as oligomenorrhea , is a common problem among women. It usually refers to
infrequent periods with intervals of more than 35 days.
A normal menstrual cycle ranges from 21 to 35 days. Menstrual bleeding
generally lasts for two to seven days.
Women normally have 11 to 13 periods
in a year, but those with oligomenorrhea
may have fewer than six or seven
Ginger is highly beneficial in regulating
menstrual cycles and also relieving
menstrual pain. It promotes
menstruation and hence is good when
dealing with delayed or scanty periods.
1. Boil one-half teaspoon of freshly
ground ginger in a cup of water for five to seven minutes.
2. Add a little sugar.
3. Drink this three times a day after
4. Do this for about one month or more.
Cinnamon contains hydroxychalcone that
helps regulate insulin levels and is
suspected to have an effect on
Simply add one-half teaspoon of
cinnamon powder to a glass of milk.
Drink this daily for several weeks.
You can also drink cinnamon tea,
sprinkle cinnamon on your foods, or
chew cinnamon sticks regularly.
3. Sesame Seeds and Jaggery
Sesame seeds are useful in regulating
menstrual cycles as they help balance
your hormones. They are loaded with
lignans that help bind excess hormones.
Plus, they contain essential fatty acids
that promote optimal hormone
production. Jaggery, too, helps regulate
menstrual cycles due to its warming
1. Dry roast a handful of sesame seeds.
2. Grind them along with one teaspoon of jaggery into a fine powder.
3. Take one teaspoon of this powder daily on an empty stomach in the luteal phase, or second half of your menstrual cycle (two weeks before your period starts), for a few months. Simply eating a piece of jaggery, also known as gur, will also help regulate menstruation.
Note: Do not use this remedy during
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps treat menstrual
irregularities naturally by regulating your
1. Extract fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe leaf.
2. Mix in one teaspoon of honey.
3. Consume it daily before having your breakfast.
4. Follow this remedy for about three months.
Note: Do not use this remedy during
5. Unripe Papaya
Green, unripe papaya works as a potent
emmenagogue. It is considered useful
in regulating menstrual flow as it helps
contract muscle fibers in the uterus.
It is particularly useful for irregular
periods associated with menopause and
stress. Consume unripe papaya juice
regularly for a few months. Do not drink
it during your periods.
Being a warming herb, turmeric is also
considered helpful in regulating
menstruation and balancing hormones.
Its emmenagogue properties help
stimulate menstrual flow. Moreover, its
antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory
properties relieve menstrual pain.
Consume one-quarter A study analyzing
the effects of cinnamon extract on
menstrual cycles in women with
polycystic ovary syndrome is currently
turmeric with milk, honey or jaggery.
Take it daily for several weeks or
until you see improvement. You can also take turmeric in supplement form; consult your doctor for proper dosage.
Hello doctor I am 7 months pregnant and I have swelling in my feet and hands and I feel little pain also in my feet and hands please tell why this happen?
My first pregnancy was IUD at 32 week. Now I am 25 week pregnant Is it normal to feel baby move some days and not others?
I am 20 years old. Initially my periods continued for 4-5 days with good flow but since last 1.5 years it has reduced to 3 days with a good flow. This month I had periods for 2 days third day there was no flow and again 4th and 5th day there was moderate flow ample to use a napkin. Please suggest.
Hi I am 28 year old female married since 2 years. My problem is that I am having irregular period since jan 2016. And my last period was 29 april. For that I went to local doctor and she suggested me to do cbc, prolactin level, thyroid and usg test. I have done all and in report cbc and thyroid was normal but prolactin level was high abt 45 and it shows poly cyst ovary in usg test. So she then suggested me to do ct scan of brain. And I did it on 8 jun 16 report was normal. Then she suggested me regestrone 5 mg and cabgolin .5 mg and I ate abt 5 regestrone and 1 cabgolin. And today 10 th jun 16 I came to know that I am pregnant. And I am very much afraid of the situation. What I have to do whether to continue with pregnancy or do abortion? This is my first time pregnant no miscarriage nor any pregnancy before. I am very scared abt this ct scan and pcos will it affect to my baby or any complications may occur during delivery? Pleas guide me I know I have done a big mistake by doing this scan. Please help me I am very much afraid of that what to do next which will be better to do next. Please guide me.
Me and my husband we both are planning that I get pregnant by next month n i'm avoiding all hot food means woh khana jo preg k lye garam ho jisse conceive nahi kar pao so kya gud b garam hai should I not eat jaggery if i am planning for a baby.
My age is 31 years old. We are planning for child. Consult a doctor for last 08 months.In report, eggs become in overy but not rupture even after take injection. Weight is 74 kgs and height is 5.5 inch. Doctor tells for weight loss under 70 kgs.
I have irregular periods from the very beginning of my menses. Now i’m 24 and the çase has remain altered except 4 years back when I was on medication prescribed by a gyne for the same. The reports showed hormonal disturbance but I was not comfortable with taking pills everyday so I discontinued it. Please suggest me other possible way.
Hi, I am suffering from PCOS and gaining weight. Can I take Vitex or chest berry herb as the remedy. As I am unable to conceive due to PCOS. Will it help in my ovulation and cyst problem. Can I take with other allopathic medication. Seeking your advice.
I consumed I pill 5 times in last one year. My menses last only 2 days (first day normal bleeding second day less bleeding) From one year. Before all this my menses was normal. What should I do to cure this?
Ayurveda, the traditional way of healing is known to be a crucial and effectual therapy for a lot of ailments. Since the primitive ages, mankind has been approaching Ayurveda for remedial purposes and in most instances have reaped fruitful results. Ayurveda seeks to heal diseases using natural herbs that are said to resonate well with the four elemental constituents of beings, i.e air, water, earth and fire. Ayurveda uses myriad herbs and natural ingredients in a unique proportion to impart physical as well as spiritual wellness. One of the most common and yet fairly formidable disease plaguing modern lives is diabetes, induced by imbalance in the blood sugar levels in the human body.
Ayurveda recommends the use of a few select herbs to control and alleviate the blood sugar imbalance.
- Gymnema Leaf: Indigenously called gurmar, Gymnema leaves regulate the insulin level in our body. It not only prevents absorption of sugar in the intestine, but also stimulates cell growth in the pancreas. As a consequence, the insulin levels in the body is maintained and the blood sugar problems get neutralized.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is replete with polyphenols that trigger off a healthy count of insulin secretion. Cinnamon has other beneficial properties as well. Whether consumed as tea or sprinkled on food as a flavor, Cinnamon can be instrumental in combatting blood sugar imbalance.
- Fenugreek seeds: A common find in most Indian kitchens, Fenugreek seeds are well known for their health advantages. Its pungent sweet flavor adds to the taste of many dishes. But most importantly, fenugreek seeds extensively keep the blood sugar level in control.
- Basil Leaf: Basil leaves are one of the most commonly used natural remedies for a wide range of diseases. The basil extracts are used in various food items and are extremely effective in curbing the excessive presence of blood sugar in the body. In general as well, basil leaves regulate the metabolism to a large extent.
- Coccinia Indica: This herb protects the vital organs from any damage caused due to diabetes. It stabilizes the breakdown of starch in the body.
- Azadirachta Indica: Common known as Neem, this herb is perhaps an indomitable medicine for increasing glucose tolerance. Neem is also used in allopathic medication on account of its various healing qualities.
My wife is lose interest in physical relation since last 4 years now situation is very worst, when ever I insist her she denied and if she ready force fully it was like rap what should we do?
I am suffering from excess of white discharge from vagina. It grows more when I do some physical activity, like exercises, running, jumping etc. I have grown weaker also and lost weight. I am very much worried about myself. Please help me.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!