Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjana
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AnjanaYour feedback matters!
I have been tested as Positive for HSV. And got a genital herpes a few days ago. Doctor has prescribed medicine and advised me too have that again if same occurs again. As for now I am okay. I am going to marry soon, can not I able to have unprotected sex in my life? How it can be cured? How can I get my kids if I can not have sex.
I am 43 years female. My monthly periods occurs 1's in 2 months and bleeding will continue for 15 days. I have a tinny fibroid in my uterus and I does my scanning 1's in 6 month to know whether it is growing. My doctor told me that now the size of fibroid is too small to see with the eyes and no problem with it. My periods start when I was 12 yrs old. Is the delay in my period is due to any problem. I have 1 daughter who is 15 yrs. Pls respond. Thanks.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infection. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
Pulmonary Fibrosis : Symptoms ad Causes
One of the essential chemical processes within the human body is that of the oxygenation of the blood. This needs to be done to carry oxygen to the various vital organs and also continue with many of the essential functions within the body.
The lungs are responsible for transferring oxygen throughout the body, and the malfunctioning of lungs may cause many issues with the normal functioning of the processes. A common ailment that affects the lungs is pulmonary fibrosis, also known as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis or scarring of the lungs.
What is Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis is the scarring of the tissues inside the lungs of a patient. This scarring results in the development of excess tissue, which causes the walls of the lungs to thicken, giving rise to breathing difficulties.
Some of the symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis are-
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in joint and muscles
- Continuous dry coughing
- Inability to exert or take even the slightest bit of physical strain
- Lack of appetite which results in unintentional weight loss
- The rounding of finger and toe tips, which is known as clubbing
Pulmonary fibrosis has various stages and thus, it is important to detect it early or else it can put stresses on other vital organs.
Some of the causes for it are mentioned below:
- Smoking - Cigarettes, cigars, and beedi are a leading cause of pulmonary fibrosis as they directly affect the lungs by depositing harmful chemicals and thus, cause scarring.
- Environmental or occupational hazards - People working in a heavy glass or dust particulate environment such as in heavy industrial factories are also susceptible as they breathe in the particles, which may cause scarring.
- Medicinal triggers - Certain medications can be a trigger due to hormonal or other physical changes and as a side effect may cause scarring of the lungs.
- Genetic factors - Certain people are genetically predisposed to this condition if multiple members within the family have it as well.
- Acid reflux diseases - Certain acid reflux problems may also cause scarring when drops of stomach acids enter the lung through the esophageal tract.
Tip: What the colour of your urine says about your health?
Dear Sir My wife 42 years was suffering from Adrenal insufficiency from Feb 2009 along with Hypo Thyroidism .Her ANA was positive since 2009 however she was doing fine till 15th Dec 2016 and she was on Wysolone 5 and Thyrox 88 (Dosage tapered from 25-50-75--88 (recently)}in last 7 years. On.16. December 2016. Her Blood pressure got elevated to 234/ 134 and when we admitted her into Hospital .Her Creatinine was 3.4 which has gone UpTo 5.44 and with 3 shots of pulse steroids like Methyl prednisolone and one Immunosuppressant drug Cyclophosphamide it came down to 3.67 which is again increasing now and reach to 4.40 on 12th Jan 2017. Her Platelet were approx 46000 at the time of admission which dipped to 22000 and after that she was administered 3 SDP and 1 unit of blood and Platelet reached to 1.22 Lakhs. However again it came down to 19000 few days back and it was 42000 on 12th Jan 2017 Already 5 sessions of Plasmapheresis has happened Report of bone marrow biopsy is awaited. Doctors Panel (comprising of 2 nephrologist 1 Rheumatologist Hematologist) were discussing the idea of adding rituximab however she got some lung infection--they have differed the decision until infection is over. Blood Pressure is fluctuating since last one month--Systolic---(120--200) and dystolic (80--110) even after 4 drugs from last 30 days. Please advise Imp--sjogren syndrome is confirmed through APAP reports and ANA profile is strongly positive for SS-A.
I bleed too much at the menstruation time and have lot of pain in back and in stomach and bleed up to 6 or 7 days so please help me.
Accidentally, my pre cum went into my gf's vaginal part. Through my hands. Her period just left 8 days ago. We are very nervous. Is there any risk of pregnancy?
The adage you are familiar with goes quite like, "all's well that ends well". However, when it comes to food and nutrition, the way you start your day is of considerable importance. Nutritionists, dieticians and doctors, in general, have repeatedly laid stress on the fact that breakfast is the most essential meal of the day. The reason behind such a prescription is simple; your body is provided with a light dinner sometime late in the evening. Dinner happens to be the last meal of the day. The digestive system is allowed to rest throughout the night until you wake up in the morning. Your digestive system therefore, breaks the fast with the first meal of the day and hence, the kind of food you intake in the morning is particularly vital in deciding the course of your overall digestive health.
Take a look at the following tips for a healthy start to your day:
- Oats can be your saviour: Have you been running away from a bowlful of bland tasting oats? You should perhaps encourage yourself to think about the wide range of advantages brewed and cooked in there and thus have this food for breakfast. Oatmeal is a great source of energy. It is a low calorie food option and helps in countering the effects of bad cholesterol. Oatmeal is also sought after for its lignan content that further defends the human body against various types of cancer.
- Try and have fresh fruits in combination with your first meal: Whatever you choose to have for breakfast must be complemented with fresh fruits. Fruits help in accelerating metabolic activity in your body providing you with energy received from the natural sugars present in a fruit. It is easier to digest fruits; grapefruits, lemons, oranges and berries should therefore be incorporated in your breakfast.
- Early morning tete-a-tete with tea: A cup of tea in the morning can prove to be useful in more than a couple of ways. Tea for long has been known to improve a person's health and protect him or her from diseases. Drinking tea can prevent the development of bacteria or virus inside your mouth; it also facilitates better functioning of your brain cells.
- Befriend eggs for their health benefits: Eggs for breakfast is the best way to balance your protein needs with your usual carbohydrate or fiber intake. Egg white supplies your body with calcium and are rich in antioxidants that defend your eyes against the harmful UV rays of the sun.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!