Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Ghaziabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Malhotra
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Amit MalhotraYour feedback matters!
If all the products available in the market are no longer doing anything for your skin, then you can turn to the ancient science of Ayurveda. There are many fruits, vegetables and herbs that can help you get the perfect skin that glows with inner health. But before choosing the right herbs, you might consider what is your skin type.
According to Ayurveda, skin is of three types:
- Vata: this skin type is dry, delicate and thin by nature.
- Pitta: this skin type is soft, sensitive and thicker by nature.
- Kapha: this skin type is thick, oily and has high sun tolerance.
After you understand your skin type, you can add the following herbs to your daily skin regime:
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is one of the most important Ayurvedic remedies. It is good for pitta and kapha skin types. You can use it to treat acne, whiten skin, moisturise skin, treat blemishes and rashes, and treat itchy skin.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is used in a lot of beauty products. It is good for kapha and pitta skin types. You can use it directly as a moisturiser or mix it with a face pack. It makes skin soft and gets rid of pigmentation.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a blood purifier and has anti-aging and antibacterial properties. It is good for all three skin types. It can be used to brighten and moisturise skin, and also used to remove skin tan.
- Saffron: Saffron has been used to whiten skin for ages. Mix it with raw milk and olive oil for best results.
- Kumkumadi oil: Kumkumadi oil is an Ayurvedic mixture of 16 ingredients. It is good for skin whitening, removing tanning and marks from the skin.
- Carrot: Carrot is very good for vata skin type. It is an effective moisturiser. It brings much relief to chapped lips, itchy and dry skin. It makes skin smooth and youthful.
- Cucumber or cucumber seeds: Cucumbers are good coolants. It is also an effective antiseptic. It has anti-aging properties.
- Quince seed: Quince seed has anti-aging properties.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is antiseptic in nature. It is a natural toner and makes skin look fresh.
- Almond oil: Almond oil makes the skin glow and look youthful.
For optimum results, an Ayurvedic skin regime must be complemented by a healthy diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.