Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amit JainYour feedback matters!
My son 4 yr old he had slight stammering some times otherwise he talk normally when some fears in his mind he stammering continueously give me suggestion for treatment.
My 17 months old baby girl is not able to speak clearly. She responds when we call her but her voice is not clear. She speaks loudly but unclear. Please help.
I regularly can see some food particles in my baby stool. It happens even when she passes good quality stool. I can see tomatoes, dhaniya leaf, carrots and beans. Is this a problem of digestion? My baby is 2 years 4 months old. She suffers from constipation also.
My 4 yrs old daughter is making sucking like sound in het sleep daily she left bottle feeding a year back.this is started couple of months back noticed that she is not hungry at all.this morning I found a trail of white milk like liquid coming out of her mouth; smelled it, it was not milk, not vomit, not saliva as color is like milk whats the problem?
Hi, Good day to you doctor. My kid is about 4 years and 3 months. My kid is boy baby. He is very very active and I should say extra active in playing, speaking and in terms of thinking as well. He is taking food properly on time as well. But the problem is he is not at all putting up weight. His weight is around 14 kgs only. Pls do advice me whether I need to provide any tonic or powder to gain his weight. Thanks in advance Regards, Magesh. R.
My baby is 9 months nw and is active but his weight is below 8 kg .should I use any vitamis to increase his weight
Mouth gargling with warm water with salt added to it is a very effective method especially in chilling winters to reduce tooth ache arising due to sensitive teeth. Though it relieves the pain, consult your dentist for permanent cure.
My son is 7 years old he is suffering from headache n dizziness, while dizzying he sees cars around his eyes, dizziness is not regular but some times, pls advice what to do?
Sir, How we treat the 2 year old male child weight of 6 kg. With oedema & how we investigate him for oedema?
My grand child 2 months old shows sort of tremors in all limbs for just a fraction of a second 4 to 5 times a day.Is it a cause of concern needing medical attention?
Sir my son is 7 years old. He is very naughty and he does not read and write well but he has a talent in oral in anything. I have one doubt he born in 9 month baby and also low birth weight 1900 gm only. Is this the reason for that immaturity. How to correct him sir please help me.
She is having a baby girl completed 1 year but her left leg is shorter than her right leg. What is the treatment can be taken for it and why it is?
As babies develop in the mother's womb, there can be many factors, which could hamper normal growth in the embryo. These can result in deformities within the physiology of the baby. One area is bone tissue growth, which in early stages is still cartilage, and can manifest within the baby as deformed feet.
The incidence of deformed feet in infants, although not very common, is still prevalent enough to warrant certain fields of study as to why they happen and their remedies.
Reasons for foot deformities in infants
Some of the reasons for foot deformities within infants are mentioned below:
1. Genetic or hereditary problems - Some problems are passed from one generation to the other, although it may not manifest in the older generations.
2. Infections to the mother during pregnancy - If the mother contracted a disease during pregnancy or had an infection, it can have adverse effects on the developments of the baby and cause deformities.
3. Side effects of medications - If the mother was under medication, side effects of certain medications can cause hormonal imbalances resulting in deformities.
4. Hormonal imbalances - Certain hormonal imbalances present in the mother's body due to overlooked problems may cause issues with the baby's development and result in foot or other physical deformities.
Correction of Foot Deformities
Most corrective measures for foot deformities entail surgery as severe problems can be only corrected through that. These measures may also include other methods such as physiotherapy, massages, and training.
Let's look at some of the techniques, which are used to correct deformities, either in combinations or as standalone techniques.
- Corrective surgery - This is the most common and usually the most recommended course of action as anything above mild deformities will have to be corrected through surgeries. Most surgeries entail lengthy recuperating periods and follow ups.
- Corrective footwear - Milder foot deformities can be corrected with special footwear or setting devices such as special braces and supports to correct the problems.
- Physiotherapy - Certain forms of physiotherapy are effective in correcting mild forms of deformities. However, this tool is usually deployed in conjunction with surgeries to speed up the healing process
- Exercises - Certain deformities can only be changed with the help of exercise over a long period of time and cannot be fixed quickly even via surgery and thus, will need special care for long periods of time.
Related Tip: Early Childhood Trauma - Reasons and Diagnosis
When my 2 month old baby caught a cold, her pediatrician advised some medicines and when I told her that even I am having a bad cold, she asked me to take cetrizine to treat it and said it's safe even if I am breast feeding. Can I get a second opinion?
My son has 3.5 years but he is not speaking even single word like amma naana also He can hear but he cannot observe others.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
Hi My son is 2 months and 10 days old. We are using Dexolac formula milk due to lack of low supply breast milk. He is passing stool in green color and he is struggling hard while passing the stool. Can i switch to another formula milk. What is nan pro 1 with probiotics? can i use this to my baby
My nephew 1 month 12 days old. He is suffering from rubella syndrome. Heart eye and ear effected. Your advice in this regard is highly applicable.
Utmost care should be given for children s dental health. Tooth appears six months from birth. Clean tooth with wet gauze and go for a dental visit at soon aftr first year of birth. Taking child to a dentist at young age is the best way to prevent tooth related problems.