Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Ghaziabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Akanksha (p.t)
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Akanksha (p.t)Your feedback matters!
My sister fall the bike 20 days ago .MRI performed. Had a partial thickness interstitial tear in anterior cruciate ligament. please suggest whether to go for a surgery or not.
I am 35 years old I have stiff neck problem. I am suffering from past 8 months. I have pain in neck, shoulder & headache. How to release this problem. I check doctor. Doctor told exercise must. But not release this problem. What to do.?
My wife is a beautician, suffering from arm and shoulder pain, she is a diabetic. So I have to see neurologist or orthopedic ? please suggest.
I am suffering from burning sensation in both feet since October 2015. I also feel acute pain in my heels when I get down from bed in the morning and gradually the pain reduces and goes away. But burning sensation persists. It is not there in the morning but starts later in the day and continues till bed time. It increases when I sit on chair for longer duration of time. Also there is tingling and numbness sensation in my thighs and lower parts of my body. Above my waistline there is no pain or sensation. I got my Vitamin D and B12 levels checked and they were normal. Two years back I had deficiency of both these vitamins and I had taken supplements. I got my blood sugar checked several times but it comes out normal. I am not able to be my best in my day to day work due to this nagging issue. Kindly advise. Gour Mishra.
I always feel's in my lower back, in the buttock, neck. I consulted a doctor and he made me some tests, and diagnosed that I am suffering from acute anchylo spondylitis. He prescribed me pain to be taken before sleep in night. When ever the doses ends the pain starts. Is there any other way instead of taking pain killer tabs.
I am 68 years. Male. Active. Since 2 months have pain in right shoulder whenever I raise my arm above chest level. Also feel numbness some times between elbow and shoulder. No pain even if I pick a bucketful of water. Please Advise.
Dear sir, I am having pain in my leg (i. E. Tandem) area. I have visited one orthopedic doctor for the advise or treatment. He told me that calcium deposit and I needs to do operation. Is there any way to heal without operation. Please advise so that I will meet and discuss personally.
As you get older, you are more prone to old age fractures. This is because of the weakening of your bones and enhanced likeliness towards falling. In case you have osteoporosis, you need to be even more careful to avoid fractures of any kind. Here are some must-read tips for prevention of fractures, which are likely because of old age.
- Exercise for improving balance and strength: Exercise directly impacts the strength of the bones. Keeping fit physically helps the reflexes to stay sharp and the muscles to stay strong. This will in turn result in lowering the risk of falling. When you are fit, you are less prone to falls. Bones do not stay fit unless you regularly work out. You should undertake exercises such as walking, weight lifting and also practice flexibility and balance exercises such as yoga and tai chi.
- Tread carefully: The selection of shoes is very important for preventing old-age fractures. You should wear shoes, which are low heeled, have rubber soles and provide proper support. Avoid leather soles. You should avoid sneakers having deep treads, which increase your risk of tripping and falling. Shoes must be worn inside the house as well. You also need to take several precautions while walking outside. In case you have arthritis, you require an assistive device to aid you with walking such as a walker or a cane.
- Certain medicines to be avoided, if possible: There are several medicines which increase your risk of falling by causing dizziness and lack of coordination. These medicines must be avoided. They include the following:
- Lighten up your surroundings: Because of old age, your vision is likely to degrade, making you prone to cataracts and other disorders. The lack of proper vision can make you fall and cause fractures. For solving this problem, you should install several lights all over your residence or workplace. Use overhead lamps, night lights for bathrooms and for your bedroom and always keep the staircases lit. It is also good to keep a flashlight beside you when you sleep.
- Fall proof your home: You should make your home safe and fall proof. The rooms should be clutter-free without piles of clothes and boxes. A carpet should be put over polished floors and rugs. Electric cords and phone lines should be away from the floor.
As you get older, you are likely to develop several health conditions, which may increase the chances of falls and fractures. Hence, all health conditions you experience should be properly treated to prevent falls and fractures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.