Doctor in TOTAL DENTAL SOLUTIONS
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for TOTAL DENTAL SOLUTIONSYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, 4 months ago my mom told me that she was filling some pain in her mouth so we decided to visit a doctor than Dr. told us that it is only cheek bite and they give us some creams and medicine and told us this will be fine within 10 days but now it's almost 4 months my mom didn't find any improvement yet (please suggest me is this is sign of cancer please suggest me what to do next.
Mere teeth yellow ho rhe h dull ho rhe hai please muje btaie Dr. Me kyaa kru. Mene Dr. Se cleaning b krvaya h bt pta nai white nai ho rhe hai please help me dr.
Right now I’ve done filling in my left upper 2nd & 3rd last teeth and doctor said to me it’s needed to do ‘root canal’ so, my question is how many days/months we can hold and after do it this treatment? Because doctor said to me it’s really needed.
A root canal is a treatment to repair and save a badly damaged or infected tooth. The procedure involves removing the damaged area of the tooth (the pulp), cleaning and disinfecting it and then filling and sealing it. The common causes affecting the pulp are a cracked tooth, a deep cavity, repeated dental treatment to the tooth or trauma. The term "root canal" comes from cleaning of the canals inside the tooth's root. Millions of teeth are treated and saved each year with root canal, or endodontic, treatment. Learn more about root canal treatment and how it can relieve your tooth pain and save your smile.
- A root canal procedure begins with an X-ray to determine the shape of the root canals and whether the infection has spread to the adjoining bone.
- Local anesthesia is then administered to numb the affected area.
- A rubber sheet is then placed around the tooth to keep the area and prevent it from the saliva.
- A hole is then drilled in the affected tooth, following which the decayed pulp and nerve tissues are removed.
- The removal is done by using root canal files which are inserted into the hole and then used to scrape and scrub the insides of the tooth.
- After the scraping, water is used to clean and flush out the debris.
- After the tooth is cleaned, it is sealed after administering medications to prevent infection.
- The sealing process involves filling the inner portion of the teeth by a rubber based compound and a sealer paste.
Modern endodontic treatment is very similar to having a routine filling and usually can be completed in one or two appointments, depending on the condition of your tooth and your personal circumstances. You can expect a comfortable experience during and after your appointment. Saving the natural tooth with root canal treatment has many advantages:
- Efficient chewing
- Normal biting force and sensation
- Natural appearance
- Protects other teeth from excessive wear or strain
- Once the surgery is done, the tooth may become sensitive due to inflammation of the tissues for the first few days.
- This pain and inflammation can be limited by pain medications such as ibuprofen.
- It is advised to avoid any chewing by the affected teeth as it can slow down the repair process. You can brush and floss your teeth regularly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!