Doctor in Shri Dhanwantari Piles-Fistula-Fissure Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Shri Dhanwantari Piles-Fistula-Fissure ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Naveen Chauhan to be inspiring. Thanks for helping me
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Naveen Chauhan to be very helpful. Thank you
Right side of my anus increase in time of bowl movement but after that it is returns in normal position but a skin like felt out side the right side of the anus. Is it second degree piles?
Piles refer to the inflamed and swollen collections of tissue and vein in the anal area. The size of piles varies and they can either be external or internal. Internal piles are more common as compared to the external piles.
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic therapeutic treatment to clean one’s body and mind. It includes five treatments to remove toxins from your body. It is a very effective and natural way to treat the problem of piles. Before going further, let’s look at the causes which lead to piles.
One of the most common cause of Piles is the pressure one needs to put on a repeated basis while having a bowel movement. There are a couple of other causes as well which are discussed below:
- Increased Intra-Abdominal Pressure: a person is at high risk of getting piles, when he needs to put extra pressure on the abdomen, which in turn increase pressure on veins inside the anus, while he is the process of bowel movement.
- Improper Diet and Digestion: Problem of indigestion and constipation for a long period of time, increase the chance of getting affected by Piles. Hard stools generally tend to occur when you have food without any fiber content.
Symptoms Of Piles
There are a number of symptoms that can affect a person, who is suffering from the problem of Piles. Symptoms vary from person to person, depending on the severity of their problems. The symptoms of Piles are as follows:
- Bleeding From The Anus: When you have constipation, you have hard stools, which makes you put extra pressure on the anus for the bowel movement. This can lead to bleeding.
- Blood Stained Stools: If you are passing stools covered in blood, then it’s another indication of Piles.
- Pain During Bowel Movement: The ones who are affected by Piles, tend to feel a lot of pain during bowel movements.
This ayurdevic method of treatment helps in purifying and detoxifying toxin substances from one’s body. Panchkarma means “five therapies”. These five therapeutic treatment which help in eliminating toxins are Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Shirodhara and Nasya. Out these, the first three methods aid in treating the problem of Piles.
- Vamana: It is recommended for patients suffering from chronic indigestion, so it is an ideal treatment method for those having problem of piles. Patient is advised to drink decoction of liquorice or Acorus calamus root as per one’s need, to the fullest extent and thus vomiting tendency is induced. Minimum 4 to 6 bouts of vomit indicates complete purification.
- Virechana: Virechana helps to cure Digestive disorders and Constipation. So, it becomes a perfect treatment method for piles as it cleanses the gastrointestinal tract throroughly and gets rid off the Pitta toxins, accumulated in the liver, gall bladder and small intestine.
- Basti: The term ‘Basti’ stands for a pouch or bag. It is known as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. This cleans up accumulated toxins from the 3 doshas, Vata, Pitta, Kapha through the colon. Ghee and herbal decoction is given to clean up colon and increase muscle tone. This helps in treatment the problem of Constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive disorders.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Anal fistulas or fistula-in-ano generally cause discomfort due pus or watery discharges and sometimes pain. This is a condition where a nodular swelling appears in area surrounding the anal opening. Intermittent pus discharged is noticed from this nodular swelling. Instead of a nodular swelling; there might be simply an opening in this region. An anal abscess is one of the most common causes for this condition.
Here are ten things you should know about these anal fistulas:
- It is curable through Ayurveda only: Till date many treatment options are tried to cure Anal Fistula which include Anal Fistula Surgery/ Glu technique/ cutting seton/ Colostomy/ Fistula plug/ VAAFT and many more. But all of these treatment methods have pretty high recurrence rate of about 20-25 %. However with Ksharsutra treatment for Anal Fistula; chances of recurrence are negligible. Other complications generally seen in surgery like bleeding, incontinence (inability to hold stool); are not seen with Ksharsutra Treatment. Clinical trials conducted by Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR); at AIIMS New Delhi and PGI Chandigarh in 1992 have proved that Ksharsutra treatment is more convenient and more effective than Surgery in the patients of Anal Fistula.
- There are symptoms you can look out for: Some of the symptoms that indicate anal fistulas include appearance of a nodular swelling in area surrounding Anal opening. Intermittent pus discharge is also observed from this swelling. Usually pain subsides and opening closes after the discharges; and patient feels relief. But after certain interval of time again pus accumulates; swelling re-appears with some amount of pain which is again relieved after the discharge. This cycle is repeated at varying interval in the patient of anal fistula.
- Medication can only provide temporary relief: Anti biotics and painkiller might give temporary relief from the symptoms. But after some time there will be again pus formation and associated swelling & pain in area surrounding anal opening.
- Anal fistulas can recur after surgical treatment: As discussed above all the treatment options tried by modern medicine (including most recent treatment VAAFT) have high incidence of recurrence (about 20-25%) Whereas there are negligible chances of recurrence after Ksharsutra Treatment for Anal Fistula. .
- Anal fistulas treated by Graded Ksharsutra do not recur: Ayurvedic treatment for anal fistulas is known as Kshar sutra therapy. This involves the use of medicated thread being ligated in Fistula Tract. The medicines present in this thread act as a strong debriding agent and induces healing of Fistula tract. In few weekly sittings of Ksharsutra change; Fistula gets healed completely and it do not recur. Pt. maintains his normal routine life during treatment period.
- Sitz bath can be beneficial: This involves sitting in a tub filled with warm water so that the affected site is submerged. An antiseptic and astringent agent like Triphala decoction may be added to the water if needed. A sitz bath soothes the skin and provides relief from pain. This also helps keep the area clean and thus reduces chances of infection.
- Oily and spicy foods should be avoided: When dealing with anal fistulas, you should try and take a diet that keeps your stool soft and regular. Hence use of oily and spicy foods should be reduced. Eat plenty of fiber and drink lots of water. Alcohol should also be avoided.
Ksharsutra vs Surgery in Anal Fistula Patients-
- Ksharsutra is done under Local Anesthesia. Hence complications of General Anesthesia are avoided. Surgical procedures are done under GA with all impending complications of General Anesthesia.
- Ksharsutra being a parasurgical procedure hence no bleeding/ cutting of tissue is involved. Surgery involves cutting/ bleeding.
- No hospitalization or bed rest is required in Ksharsutra Treatment. In Surgery hospitalization is must.
- In Ksharsutra; patient can continue his normal daily routine Surgery may require bed rest.
- Complications like incontinence (inability to hold stool) and recurrence are seen after surgery
- Ksharsutra is a safe procedure and these complications are not seen.
- Ksharsutra Treatment is more economical as compared to VAAFT surgery. VAAFT Surgery is comparatively too expensive.
Is it possible that I need operation in piles? Although it's only a week and the pain is much less as on first day, also, is it possible to get both type of piles side by side as I'm facing blood drops as well as a clot in my anus on one side? Isn't it possible to cure it by Yoga, Pilex or any other medicine? Someone suggested me to take Zify 200 mg for blood, is it alright? I think that my mental state could increase my problem as I kept on thinking about it whole day. I'm very afraid of operation, is "ksharkarma" less painful? Do I need it?
An abnormal junction or connection between two organs or tissues is referred to as a “fistula”. It targets two hollow organs, vessels, or tissue structures. It occurs mostly in the rectum, vagina, however can affect the intestines and the eyes too. It results in extreme pain, discomfort and should be treated as immediately as possible to prevent infection.
It can induce sensations of:
- Extreme irritation or itching
- Discharge with unusual odor (if the fistula is located near the anus/vagina)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Excess pus
- High body temperature
- Blood discharge
In case or prolonged tension and pain in these areas, a proctoscopy should be conducted for diagnosis. It most commonly occurs in women who have sustained prolonged labor (over 2-3 days). However, other causes include:
- Digestive malfunction
- Abscesses(formation of pus in hollow organs)
- An unhealthy lifestyle which includes excessive indulgence in alcohol and tobacco
Ayurvedic treatment for fistulas are available which aim to sooth the inflammation by slowly remedying the wound through natural and safe measures. Since Ayurvedic practices are non-toxic, non invasive and completely safe, one can avoid the drastic measures that surgery consists of, and also avoid the side effects of medicines.
Ayurvedic remedies of fistulas include
Ayurvedic doctors have developed several oils, ointments and medications that are readily available in the market. The medications usually consist of a mixture of herbs, roots and plants that aim to restore the physical systems and also soothe the affected area.
- The importance of buttermilk added with rock salt and black pepper also allows the enzymes of our body to multiply and thereby cure the fistulas internally.
- Radish juice with a pinch of cumin is also recommended to be consumed after meals to improve digestion and empower the immune system.
- A healthy lifestyle and fitness routine consisting of yoga and exercises also contribute to improve conditions in the patient by facilitating blood circulation and metabolism.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!