Doctor in Desh Deepak Special Section
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Desh Deepak Special SectionYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Ms. Priti Srivastava provides answers that are very helpful. Helpful
Loving relationships are known to improve more than just your mood, it improve your looks and your health. Researchers believe that it might just be the best medicine for most people, as it helps keep your heart healthy, beat cancer and recover faster, boosts athletic performance and leads to spiritual and emotional growth.
Mentioned below are a few of the ways, in which love may lead to a healthy heart and life:
- Better Heart Health: Research has shown that women in healthy and loving marriages are less prone to contracting cardiovascular diseases, in contrary to those in stressful marriages. It has also been discovered that love reduces the likelihood of chest pains and suffering from angina despite having high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes in men.
- Lengthens Your Life: The National Longitudinal Mortality Study studied a million subjects and concluded that couples in a loving marriage tend to live longer and have lowered risk of getting heart attacks, pneumonia, cancer and cirrhosis of the liver. Their chances of committing suicide are also reduced by almost half.
- Faster Cancer Recovery: After extensive research, University of Iowa proved that patients of ovarian cancer, who were in loving relationships, had stronger WBCs i.e. White Blood Cells that kill cancerous cells, as compared to those in unhealthy relationships. They also concluded that patients in love recover quickly or completely eliminate cancer.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Studies show that when couples are together, their blood pressure is significantly lowered. This research even proved that spending time with loving and supportive friends results in lower systolic numbers.
- Keeps You Slim: Being in love is a much healthier and better option than a juice cleanse, when it comes to losing that extra weight. People in loving relationships produce more adrenaline i.e. an appetite suppressant and are more likely to hit the gym and make healthier lifestyle choices to look their best. Apart from that, sex is one of the best ways to lose calories and reduce your weight.
We all think of clapping as a way to applaud somebody for a job well done in sports, award shows, theater or movies. However, there are a number of hidden benefits that clapping has been proven to have. In the recent years, there are different types of groups in parks who get together in the morning and/or evening. Some of these groups indulge in laughing, there is also another group who gather around to clap.
Our body is a bundle of nerves and blood vessels spread all through the body and is one of the most complex networks we will ever know. Each organ is linked to the other and a bad effect on one organ can put the other in danger. The palms, basically, contain nerve and blood vessel endings and stimulating them through clapping helps improve the health of organs like kidney, digestive tract, and lower back. Sounds surprising?
Well, there are about 30+ acupressure points in the palms, which are activated when you are clapping. These connect various organs including low back, neck, kidneys, lungs, stomach, etc. and have indirect benefits as noted below.
- Clapping improves the overall heart health and maintains the blood pressure level. Blood circulation to various organs is also improved by regular clapping. Clapping also helps improve asthma-related problems by promoting the function of nerve endings that connect these organs.
- Beneficial for children. In children especially, clapping is known to improve the brain function and contribute to better handwriting, reduced spelling mistakes and improved concentration.
- Reduced occurrence of infections. Clapping helps immunity by boosting white cells, which are essential for fighting germs and therefore reduces the occurrence of frequent infections. Regular clapping is also shown to have benefits on improved bone health in cases of arthritis and associated pains.
- For the back. Be it middle or low back pains, there is an immense benefit from clapping. The severity of the pain can be reduced significantly. Strange as it may seem, clapping is also shown to reduce instances of insomnia and improve hair health.
- For mental illnesses like depression and anxiety, clapping can be very easy to do exercise that costs actually nothing. If you think the kidneys and palms are very distant from each other, think again. For gout, which affects the kidneys, clapping is shown to be immensely useful. Both the severity of gout and the progression of the disease can be halted.
A word of caution: For better results, clapping is to be done after applying an oil like mustard oil or coconut oil. So next time, your clapping shouldn't be a part of just applauding. Include it in your routine exercise and see the results yourself. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!