Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. A Z KhanYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Abu Xaigham Khan to be caring. Thank u sir
Dr Khan is caring humble and knowledgeable person.thanx doc for your help.
Our family physician personally recommended dr A Z Khan for constipation issue. I am so happy that I chose him for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. dr A Z Khan has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. Everything was just spick and span in the UniCare - Hijamah Center. she is very talented and seasoned doctor. I was having ther constipation, but now I am completely fine. .
I was suffering from male sexual problems for such a long time. I consulted Dr Khan, he is really like god send person. During the complete male sexual problems program he always supported and motivated me. I found the UniCareCenter itself quite pleasant. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely.
Most people go through the experience of getting up in the morning feeling lousy along with a heavy headedness which lingers on all through the day. You may believe that you are getting cold, but you realize that the medications of the common cold are not able to mitigate your symptoms. That’s because you are being affected with sinusitis which needs comprehensive treatment.
What is sinusitis?
Sinuses are hollow spaces in the body which have their opening in the nose for the exchange of air and mucus, and each sinus is joined with the nasal passage with the help of continuous mucous membrane. This means that anything which leads to a swelling in the nose including an infection or allergic reaction or immune reaction can affect these sinuses. It results in an intense pain of sinus attack as air is prevented from entering into the nasal sinus because of the swollen membrane. It can also lead to other symptoms such as a runny nose along with nasal congestion, tiredness, fever and severe cough.
How to get rid of sinusitis?
Even though there are endless numbers of medications which can help you control the symptoms of sinusitis, you will be surprised to know that it can also be effectively treated through the Unani medicines without any side effects. If you are suffering from acute sinus pain, you can inhale steam with holy basil five to six times a day. You may require this treatment for several weeks to years together as per the level of suffering. Practicing breathing techniques can also aid in draining out pollutants from the sinus cavities.
Besides practicing these effective procedures, it is recommended to see a Unani medicine expert who can evaluate your unique physical condition and set a treatment plan to relieve your condition. This particular system has got its name from a region in Greece called Unan. The system of Unani medicine is based on several kinds of research, and it incorporates a huge number of drugs from notable medical systems like Siddha and Ayurveda.
How does the Unani system of medicine work to treat sinusitis?
According to the Unani system of medicine, it is important to find out the reason behind the ailment to treating the ailment from its roots. A person gets affected by different diseases including sinusitis due to the surrounding conditions. Therefore, it is important to strike a balance between human body and environment. Pollution also makes the body weaker, and medicines bring about a host of unwanted side effects. On the other hand, the medicine aids in collecting the factors which have contributed to causing the disease. The natural forces in the body together with the Unani medicines help in removing the ailments which, in turn, manage the symptoms of sinusitis.
So, if you are suffering from intense sinusitis and no treatment has helped your condition, then you should consider Unani medications without further delay. It would take some time to uproot the condition, but it is possible to get rid of the condition by following the instructions of your expert diligently.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had sex with my boyfriend but he did not come inside me. Is there anything to worry about. Because I can not take ipill as I am not in town. But we are sure he did not come inside. He threw all sperm on bed after getting out from me.
Hi, I'm feeling tired and absent minded all the day. Even though I sleep for 7-8 hours I'm not able to cope up. Please advice on this Thanks.
I am 26 years old male and I do masturbation everyday my pain size now small and also early discharge of sex so what medicines I should take so it be good as before.
Sor my penis size 3.5 have to incr. And shot time 10 se. The problem how to salve please help me and white madice take me to my problem to salve.
Is there any treatment for premature ejaculation. I am not sure but I think I have pme. How can rid of this.
Meri shadi ko 1 mahine hue h aur meri wife se koi sex nhi hui h.usko kitna v foreplay krta hu usko kuch ehsas nhi hota h.kuch expression v nhi aataa h.plz solution btayye.
My dick is barely 4 inch. I am not low on libido. But I am really worried about my sex life. Please suggest.
I'm a man by born but there was one incident happened in my childhood actually one man started using me. He did sex with me many times for four year initial I don't like that but after some year I started enjoying that and I like that after that he got married and he stopped each an every thing with me and at that time my age was like 14 or 15 than I start finding some one else and on the month or 15 days Gap I used to get intimate with a man because it is very easy to get sex by a man and today my age is 23 and I'm very worry about my future because due to this I can't focus on my future my career I really want to stop all this stupid thing because I'm a man and I don't want to be a gay I don't think that I'm a gay because I have a cock same like a man than why I can get fuck by a man. I'm very sorry because I used some bad word but actually with using that I can't express what I'm going through pls help me out pls pls pls I'm very worry Thanks in advance.
Hi when I making sexual relation time I am loosing my sperm with in 5mint please give me any suggest.
There are hollow spaces in the skull (cavities) known as sinus, which have a mucous lining. Due to various reasons, these can get inflamed, and in some people, despite multiple treatments, the sinusitis can be recurrent and persistent. This condition, where it continues to persist beyond 12 weeks, is known as chronic sinusitis. It can be seen in people of all ages, can be worse in children, elderly, and the immunocompromised.
In Unani, chronic sinusitis is referred to as nazla, and this is due to bad temperament of the brain and the nose, causing inflammation of the mucosa in the sinuses around the nose.
- Nasal septum deviation: The wall separating the two nostrils can be moved to one side, blocking the sinuses
- Nasal polyps: These are growths within the nostrils which can block air flow
- Respiratory tract infections: The nostrils are the first part of the respiratory tract, and infections can affect the sinuses
- Allergies: Chronic allergies like hay fever and inflammation can cause sinusitis
Unani believes that the accumulated mucus causes irritation and pain in the face, especially around the nose. Symptoms include:
- Postnasal drainage, which is thick, discoloured (greenish yellow) drainage from the nose to the throat. This can also produce a constant salty taste in the throat
- Chronic nasal congestion or obstruction, leading to difficulty breathing
- Painful, tender area around the nose and eyes (sinus space)
- Decreased sense of smell
- Unpleasant taste
- Mouth breathing, which can lead to further throat and respiratory problems
- Other symptoms include ear pain, sore throat, cough, painful jaws, fatigue, and fever.
Unani believes that disease is a natural process due to an imbalance between the various body fluids. Treatment is usually progressive, starting with noninvasive measures, moving up to more invasive methods. In chronic sinusitis, the following are often recommended.
- Eucalyptus leaves to be boiled in water and inhaling this provides great relief. It helps in thinning the mucus which is then released easily
- An equal amount of Viola odorata (Linn), marshmallow root extract and Jujube fruits (unaab) are mixed and boiled in about 100 ml of water until the mixture gets reduced to half. This can be stored for prolonged periods and mixed with consumed to be used on a daily basis.
- Another mixture that is used is Malva sylvestris, mallow, and liquorice roots which are again boiled in about 100 mL of water until it is reduced to half the quantity. This can be stored and consumed on a daily basis, up to 3 times a day. This helps in clearing the sinuses and reducing inflammation, preventing a chronic sinusitis.
- Khameera ustokhddus. OD dose and cupping therapy is also very helpful in all types of scinositis.
A condition when tiny outgrowths are formed in the gastrointestinal region or anus is known as piles. Anybody can suffer from this painful disorder as such a condition arises only if an individual follows unhealthy daily food habits, faulty lifestyle or if he or she has constipation. Excessive stress is also another factor for the occurrence of piles. A person can experience intolerable pain due to piles, especially at the time of the passing of stool.
Though people do not consider piles to be a severe health issue, those who suffer from this condition knows how difficult it is to withstand such pain and irritation. Unani treatment or Unani medicines are highly beneficial in treating and dealing with piles. It is natural, cost- effective and also with no side- effects.
Piles treatment with Unani medicines
Effective paste for external application: One of the most effective and natural remedies is by preparing a mixture of catechu and soap nut. For trying this treatment, you need to grind equal amounts of soap nut or reetha and catechu for forming a powder. Just half gram of this natural powder needs to be applied on piles. Similarly, another paste is also helpful in the treatment of piles which has to be prepared by grinding hemp or bhang leaves, and Persian Lilac or Bakain leaves. After this, the appropriately mixed paste must be applied for providing quick relief from such intolerable pain. This particular medicine of Unani treatment is known to give extensive relief to people who are suffering from piles.
Remedy using neem leaves: The importance and significance of Neem leaves are known to almost all people. Besides other helpful features of those leaves, one more advantage of neem leaves is that they are also a part of Unani treatment for treating piles. Firstly, you need to wash nearly 200 gram of neem leaves properly and then extract juice from them. After the extraction is done, you have to boil the juice and then strain it. The next step is to mix barberry leaves' extract with the extracted neem juice. After cooling down the mixture, you need to make small sized pills. Experts advise consuming a total number of 2 pills twice each day.
Butter, camphor & galls to the rescue: Another effective means of getting rid of the pain due to piles is by applying a combined mixture of camphor, butter, and galls. For preparing this mixture, 4 gram of Mazu or galls, 12-gram butter and about 2 gram of camphor is required. The first step is to grind camphor and galls and then mix it with butter. Applying this mixture for getting relief from piles is actually beneficial.
There are very effective remedies available in Unani for piles treatment. It is best to consult a Unani practitioner and follow his or her advice to avail relief and cure.
Diabetes is the new-age epidemic. With changing lifestyles, it is affecting the younger age group, and because diabetes touches all body systems, the complications are too many and earlier the disease onset, more the complications.
Unani medicine system originated in Greece and believes the body has 4 body fluids. The body naturally maintains a balance between these to ensure overall good health. This is known as body’s self-preservation mechanism. According to Unani, diseases are also a natural part of the body’s processes, and the symptoms manifested depend on the disease. Diabetes is a result of excessive sugar levels in the body, and according to Unani is caused by very high temperament of the kidneys, and therefore eliminate water as it is taken into the body.
Causes: According to Unani, diabetes is a result of:
Diabetes is known in the Unani system as Ziabetes or Dolab and known as Ziabetes Shakri (shakri for sugar).
- When the urination and thirst frequency is higher, it is Ziabetes Haar
- When the urination and thirst frequency is lower, it is Ziabetes Barid
- Based on the presence or absence of sugar in the urine, Ziabetes shakri and Ziabetes sada respectively.
Symptoms of diabetes include:
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Increased appetite
Diabetes also predisposes a person to chronic heart disease, obesity, high cholesterol levels, kidney problems, foot problems, eye problems, nervous system issues, etc.
Some of the common remedies used for managing diabetes in Unani are listed below. None of these should be taken on your own, as diabetes is a complex medical condition and needs thorough assessment before beginning medication.
- Jamun: This is used in multiple ways – the seeds can be dried and powdered and mixed with lukewarm water to make a morning drink. Alternately, the leaves can be chewed for good benefit. The fresh fruit also can be consumed for good sugar control
- Neem: Again, the tender bark can be chewed to control sugar. The leaves can be chewed or used to make a juice which can be consumed in the morning to purify blood and control sugar levels.
- Karela Bark: Bitter gourd is one of the best known natural anti-diabetic agents. The juice can be consumed 2 to 3 times a day, and it has a chemical which helps control sugar levels.
- Bel leaves: This can be boiled in water, and the mixture strained and consumed through the day.
Other remedies include cotton seeds, binola berry, black cumin, and gurmar booti. Unani also believes diabetes can be prevented with lifestyle changing including diet and exercise and avoiding alcohol and smoking in excess. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir I want to do long time sex but only one minute or before that. My sperm is coming out. please advice me good treatment.
Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS as it is more commonly known is a problem with the gastrointestinal tract, where, as the name suggests, the bowel is irritated. It is a syndrome, which is a group of symptoms, and not a single issue. The exact cause is still not known, but most people with IBS have higher levels of stress, anxiety, and depression. It is therefore considered a psychosomatic condition, where an unhealthy state of mind is reflected in body symptoms.
Unani also refers to IBS as nervous indigestion, intestinal neurosis, and irritable colon.
- These are worsened when there is an actual episode, which is usually during increased stress levels.
- Altered bowel movement (violent episodes of diarrhoea) alternating with constipation
- Severe stomach cramps, which is worsened with eating and better after passing stools
- Bloated feeling (stomach full of gas)
- Change in stool (flat ribbon stools or pencil stools)
- Feeling of incomplete stool emptying
- General fatigue and malaise
Diagnosis is confirmed with a combination of symptoms, clinical exam, and investigations including stool tests. The two common findings are altered intestinal motility and increased visceral perception to stimulus.
If a patient presents with constipation, the bowel motility is reduced, and in those presenting with diarrhoea, the movement of food through the colon is very rapid.
While there are no sure remedies for IBS in allopathy, natural medicine systems like Unani have effective remedies. Both single and compound drugs are tried, and in most studies, the results have been very encouraging. The commonly used products are listed below.
- Bel (Aegle marmelos): The fruit and leaves of bel are known for their stomach-friendly properties. It is useful in chronic diarrhoea conditions and also during typhoid. Bel juice is available for ready use. Also, the leaves can be boiled in water, and this extract can be stored and consumed over a period of time.
- Cumin seeds (Cuminum cyminum): This common ingredient in most curries does wonders for the stomach. It is very friendly on the stomach and soothes the stomach lining. It reduces irritation and eases bowel movement. In addition to regular usage, when IBS flares up, cumin seeds can be boiled in water, and this can be cooled and stored for use over a period of time.
- Amla (gooseberry) (Embilica Oficinalis): This again is useful in treating diarrhoea and has a cooling and soothing effect on the stomach. This is used in multiple forms – raw gooseberry, boiled, and even juice forms.
These are used either as a single agent or as compound agents for treating IBS. Unani also believes that controlling anxiety and emotional symptoms can help in avoiding flare-ups of IBS. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
The blood normally exerts some pressure as it passes through the blood vessels. However, due to various reasons, mainly narrowing of the blood vessels, the pressure exerted could be higher, which is known as hypertension.
In the Unani system, early reference to high blood pressure appears as Imtila, though it is today popularly known as Zaghtuddam Qawi. Imtila talks about symptoms including a headache, bulging eyes, epistaxis (bleeding nose), heavy headedness, and headache.
Types: Unani system believes in two ways that can increase blood pressure and therefore two types
- Increased amount of blood in the vessels, which is caused a hot, moist temperament or the sanguineous type.
- Dryness of the vessels (caused by narrowing) increases blood pressure, leading to the dry, cold melancholic type.
Causes: Unani believes high blood pressure as a result of the following sequence of events.
- Weakening of the arteries
- Increased food consumption, which produces more blood
- Weak arteries which are not able to accommodate the increased amounts of blood
- This is a vicious cycle where the arteries are further damaged, leading to further sluggish flow, further increasing pressure.
Complications: High blood pressure is not an isolated health condition. It leads to multiple complications like
- Chronic heart disease
- Angina pectoris (heart attacks)
- Stroke and paralysis
- Higher levels of cholesterol
- Predisposition to diabetes
Management: Managing high blood pressure is a combination of treatment and prevention. There are multiple Unani herbs, which are used in multiple formulations which help by
- Relaxing the muscles of the heart
- Improves blood flow
- Eases the blood flow through the arteries
These can be taken regularly along with restrictions on diet and lifestyle which can help in improving blood pressure. These changes would include:
- Increased consumption of potassium-rich foods as it will counter the effect of sodium which causes higher blood pressure readings
- Avoid adding extra salt and reduce eating the salted, fried foods. Especially, if you have a family history, it is time to reduce salt intake at an early stage. This helps prolong the onset of high blood pressure
- Herbs like garlic, pepper, ginger, and lemon are helpful in controlling blood pressure
- Herbal teas including hibiscus and green tea are proven to help control blood pressure as opposed to a cup of coffee
- Dark chocolate with more than 70 per cent of cocoa is beneficial for the heart
- Needless to say, regular exercise including brisk walking which can improve heart’s health
- Deep breathing which improves oxygen consumption across arteries
- Reduce consumption of alcohol
- Quit or cut down on smoking