Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Berhampur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunil Kumar Kota
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil Kumar KotaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctors. I am married 29 year old male. have few serious doubts & problems, 1. I have a habit of masturbate & doing it frm 10-12 years. Does doing masturbate on frequent basis is wrong or harmful though i'm doing sex with my wife but still feel like doing masturbate oftenly. 2. I want to increase my sex power & timing what should I need to do. 3 which is most important is we are planning for a baby but when I did test my semen quality sperm count sperm molatlity all came very low far behind normal, & here doctor told me I have very less chance to become father naturally, though my wife test were good & she has no problems. What options should we have. As financially my condition is not good. So, please guide & help what options can have option to become parents. Without taking any treatment & operations as they are very costly & we cant afford. Please help.
Hi doctor. I am diabetics for last 12-13 years and on medicines for last 4-5 years. But my fasting sugar is 210 despite the fact that I m walking almost 3-3. 5 km every day either in morning or evening. I m taking diapride m2 twice a day and voglinorm. 2 mg in morning after meal. Also in last couple of months 3rd time I m infected with uti. Kindly advise.
Infertility is a very common problem among both men and women and it refers to the inability to conceive even after regular unprotected sex. The causes of this can be varied and some of the most prominent ones are:
Causes in Women:
1. Polycystic ovarian syndrome - PCOS is a medical condition in women in which they do not ovulate. It is a major cause of infertility in most women. It can often result in irregular menstruation and an increase in the release of male hormones in the female body. This causes male symptoms like the growth of a beard, hoarse voice etc. in females. The probable causes of this condition comprise being over or under weight, thyroid imbalance etc. It is possible to treat this condition with medical aid and weight management can also prove to be helpful.
2. Lack of sufficient healthy eggs - As you grow in age, the number and health of your eggs decline significantly. This could be a possible reason for your infertility. In this condition, optimizing egg health by maintaining a healthy weight and quitting alcohol and cigarettes can help you get rid of your infertility.
3. Blockage of the fallopian tubes - Blockage of or damage to the fallopian tubes causes the tubal factor that is responsible for infertility in women. The tubal factor can also be a result of endometriosis or any sexually transmitted disease like Chlamydia etc.
Causes in Men:
1. Ejaculatory disorders - Retrograde ejaculation, premature ejaculation, and other issues associated with ejaculation may cause infertility in men. In retrograde ejaculation, the semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis during orgasm. In premature ejaculation, the ejaculation occurs before the vagina is prepared to receive the semen.
2. Chromosome defects - Disorders like Klinefelter's syndrome can cause abnormal growth of the male reproductive organs resulting in infertility. Other such syndromes include Kallmann's syndrome, Karatagener's syndrome, cystic fibrosis etc. These conditions are mostly genetic.
3. Hormonal imbalance - Male infertility can also be a result of hormonal imbalances like hypogonadism (low testosterone levels), disorders of the testicles, abnormal functioning of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal and the other glands as well.
Related Tip: Common causes of infertility in Women?
My father is of age 75 years , has fluctuating B.P and blood sugar. He is on medicine. Yesterday , suddenly he went blank, heaviness in head, darkness in sight and as if he lost his memory. His body became heavy. He recovered slowly in a day but today again he is facing the same problem. What can be the problem? Any emergency issue, should we admit him?
Sir I urinate every morning by 5 am in toilet in more qnt after 1 hour I repeats same qnt with bubble formation because of this I lose my sleep every day so yesterday I checked my uric acid in my body by blood test it is more ie (min 1 to 7.0 mine is 7.4 in report) so how to reduce my uric acid in my body what treatment to take suggest me.
I am sufferring from bp (160, blood sugar (fasting 189, pp283) and bilateral sn loss 60%, my age is 60+
I am 6 month pregnant. In my gtt test my fbs is 76 urine sugar id nil and after talking 100 glucose after half hour blood sugar is 156 andurine sugar is f. Traces. After 1 hour blood sugar is 176 and urine sugar is+. After 2 hours blood sugar is 148 and urine sugar is traces. Ln my hbalc test the result is 5.9. My question is my am diabetic or not. What should be my diet. Jo baby ke health ke liye theek ho. Kya me 3 fruits ek din me le sakti hu. I am very confused. Please guide me for my diet.
Hi, i am suffering from diabetes. Insulin dependent. Started from 1998 not control. Cervical spine problem and knee problem due to age problem.
The transition from being a woman to motherhood is a beautiful journey that remains memorable for a lifetime, for the mother as well as those around her who care for her and love her. There may be times when the health conditions and the pregnancy related discomfort may leave a bad taste, but it is also taken with a pinch of salt and forgotten as soon as the baby arrives. Whatever, may happen to the mother, but she would always try to make sure that the baby is safe and healthy when he arrives in this world. She always wishes that her child grows into a healthy toddler and a well developed adult.
While we may practice all sorts of care and caution in the course of a pregnancy, there are times when the body systems fail to function regularly, which is when the real problems arise. One of the most common, yet risky problems that usually appears or aggravates during pregnancy is the problem of glucose. A lot of women experience the problem of diabetes during pregnancy because their blood sugar goes extremely high with the changes in the lifestyle, dietary and hormonal conditions. In cases of women who may be patients of diabetes before pregnancy, they may experience increased blood sugar levels and may need to go on extra medication to keep their condition under control.
The types and effects of diabetes:
There are majorly two types of diabetes which is pre-existing and gestation induced. In the case of the pre-existing condition, the woman may already be suffering from diabetes before she conceived and in the gestational diabetes, the woman may have developed the condition after getting pregnant and may be able to go back to normal after the pregnancy is over. While it may be common in pregnant woman to develop high blood sugar, there are a number of things that could go wrong:
- Pregnant women with diabetes may find it difficult to go in for a natural labour and may have to opt for induced labour or even a caesarean delivery.
- It is also possible that women who already suffer from diabetes before pregnancy are more likely to carry a baby that is larger than regular babies.
- Developing diabetes may open up the doors for a lot of other disorders and diseases in the women such as problem with vision or disorders of the body organs such as kidneys.
- The foetus that develops in the womb may also be exposed to health issues and lack of development in the organs.
- If the baby is born fairly healthy, it may end up developing diseases after birth or even in adult life, which may be due to the diabetes in the mother at the time of the pregnancy.
- In extreme cases, the woman may undergo a miscarriage or the baby may be a still born.
In order to, be able to ensure a healthy and safe pregnancy, it may be essential to make sure that the best gynaecologist is chosen for regular checks and the meeting schedules with the doctor are followed religiously to rule out the possibility of unhealthy consequences.