Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Gandhinagar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Tapas RavalYour feedback matters!
Armando Francisco Chichava
An excellent professional. He made me feel comfortable and he also gave me some useful advices regarding eye protection.
Hari Kishan Singh
It was good experience he is soft and had a good knowledge of eye surgery. He has a clean and smooth hand in surgery.
Really, Great eye check up !!
Veey gud and helpful
I am 18" years old male. I am struggling with my eye strain while watching tv and phone. What should I do?
Hi Doctor, I am 29 years old and not married. In a day most of the time a sexual thoughts keeps running in my mind. And I don't watch pornography but still this happens quit often and this thoughts always disturbs me a lot. Is there a way I can avoid this thoughts conning to mind.
I am 61 housewife having problem with my eyes. Once in a month there is complete blackout before my right eyes. I feel something irritating in my eyes and keep trying to remove it though it is just feeling. This eclipse sort feeling automatically gets rectified during subsequent days. I have consulted 4 eye specialist they have certified my retina is ok I have initial cataract. But my main concern remains. I have done carditis Doppler test also done. What to do I am confused.
My right front and back shoulder is burned and it is second degree major burn. What should I do to heal and recover my skin. I do not want to get spot on that area and what should I have to eat. And please provide me best medicine to heal and the cream which would be used to get comfort in that area. It is so much paining. I want to recover my skin, like the skin before burning, without any spots. Please provide me procedure to take care.
Hi, I am 24 yrs female. I got air wick sprayed directly into my right eye, following which I flushed off with water. I feel some kind of feeling, not definitely irritation. Please let me know what can be done. My eyes didn' t turn red too.
1) Is flashlight close to only one eye for long will cause visual impairment in one eye? And in future can it cause lazy eye. 2) I have done that with my" right" eye. Few days ago I used to keep my smartphone camera very close to my eye for long time more than 10 mins to check I have squint or not. Actually i'm in physiological problem. 3) Then I check my both eyes from retina surgeon. According to him my both retinas are normal there is no damage. 4) after that I closed doing such is stupid things. But now when I close my left eye and see with right eye only I see things little blurry not to much but its noticeable. When I see things at far distance with my right eye only it is more blurry than near images. Can this lead to lazy eye in future? How can I treat it?
I am 26 years old male. Every morning when I wake up I find a sort of swelling around my eyes. It is this swelling that makes me lazy all that day Kindly look into the matter.
I will use computer and mobile phone. After a 5 minute of use then I have head ache and I will very tired. What is the cause of this problem?
I am 26 years old and due to summer season this time I got allergies in my eyes , what is the reason behind this and what should I do for the same.
When I am sitting in one and getting up after half an hour. Suddenly in black black becomes in front of my eyes and I can't see anything. What will b the reason.
My son is 4. 10 yrs in age and rubs his eyes a lot? can his eyes be weak? should I get an eyesight test done?
Refraction is a test for eye examination, which measures prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses for individuals. The test can be performed by either an ophthalmologist or optometrist or in layman terms, an eye doctor.
Procedure for the test
In this test, the individual sits on a chair, which has a special device attached to it, called the refractor or phoropter. The individual has to look through the device and properly focus on an eye chart which is exactly 6 meters or 20 feet away. This device has lenses of various strengths that can be moved into the individual’s view. The test is conducted on one eye at a time. The doctor will be asking the individual about the chart whether it appears clearer or less clear, thereby determining the refractory error of the eye.
No special preparation is required for this test and also this test does not cause any discomfort. The purpose of the test is to determine whether the individual has a need for glasses or contacts or not. In other words, it checks if the individual has a refractory error or not.
How can the results be inferred?
If the vision without glasses is normal, it means that the refractive index is zero and the vision should be 20/20. This means that one can read a one-centimeter letter at a distance of six meters.
If an individual has a refractive error, a combination of lenses will be required for a 20/20 vision. In case of a refractive error, there would be a prescription and that would have in it a series of numbers describing the power of the lens required to correct the vision.
Abnormal results can be due to the following reasons
- Myopia or near-sightedness (capability to see near objects clearly, but having difficulty in seeing objects far away)
- Hypermetropia or far-sightedness (capability to see far away objects clearly, but not the nearby objects)
- Astigmatism (blurred vision due to abnormally curved cornea)
- Presbyopia (inability to see nearby objects clearly, which usually occurs due to age)
Other reasons that cause abnormal results can be
- Macular degeneration causing loss of sharp vision
- Corneal infections or corneal ulcers
- Retinal detachment, which means separation of the retina from its supporting layers
- Retinitis pigmentosa or damage of the retina
- Blockage of a small artery carrying blood to the retina or retinal vessel occlusion
One should have an eye examination conducted every three to five years even if they suffer from no serious eye problem. However, after the age of 40, one should schedule eye appointments every year and have a test for refraction error of glaucoma conducted.