Doctor in Eye & Skin +
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Eye & Skin +Your feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Chaitanya Shukla to be very helpful. Thanks for d suggestions
Nice response and satisfaction for very good total eye check up with low fee then Ahmedabad doctors.
Dr. Chaitanya Shukla provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thank you sir
Dr. Chaitanya Shukla provides answers that are very helpful. Stisfied.
it was really good experience.
The quality and sharpness of vision are generally measured with a Snellen chart. The Snellen chart shows letters of logically smaller size. Perfect vision is 20/20. This implies the patient or subject sees the same line of letters at twenty feet that a typical individual sees at twenty feet.
Here are a few doctor recommended tips that can be followed in order to achieve a perfect vision. These are as follows:
1. Eat right for good vision
Taking good care of your eyes begins with the food that you eat. Foods, for example, fatty acids, lutein, zinc and vitamins C and E may avert age related vision and eyesight problems, for example, macular degeneration and cataract as shown by certain studies. Eating these foods daily can lead to healthy eyesight. Following are some of the nutrients that can help us do so:
- Green vegetables, for example, spinach, kale, and collards
- Salmon and fish
- Eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources
- Oranges and different citrus natural products or juices
- Shellfish and pork
2. Quit smoking
Smoking makes you more inclined to get cataract, optic nerve damage and macular degeneration. The more times you attempt to stop smoking, the more probable you are to succeed.
3. Wear shades
The right sort of shades will shield your eyes from the sun's bright (UV) beams. An excess of UV exposure makes you more inclined to get cataracts and macular degeneration. Pick shades that piece ninety nine to hundred percent of both UVA and UVB beams. Wraparound lenses shield your eyes from the side. Spellbound lenses diminish the glare when driving. Some of the contact lenses come with UV protection as well. It is still a smart thought to wear shades for more protection, however.
4. Turn away From the Computer Screen
Gazing at a computer screen for a really long time can bring about eye strain, foggy vision, trouble focusing at a distance, dry eyes. The muscles around the eyes can start getting weak and painful if given too much strain. Turn down the screen brightness. You need to at present have the capacity to see, however, you should not feel like you are gazing at a very bright light. In case you are reading from the computer, use the zoom capacity to make the content bigger.
5. Pencil exercise
Take a pencil, and place it some place in the centre. Draw a letter, number or dot in on any side of the pencil. For this activity, you will concentrate on the pencil and the spot as you move it toward and far from your eyes. Pencil push-ups are rumoured to correct twofold vision and crossed eyes, yet it cannot hurt to attempt them for different issues since it is free, easy, and just includes focusing and refocusing your eyes.
While taking corrective measures like opting for glasses, contact lens or eye surgery is fine to improve eye health, certain exercises are equally beneficial.
Here are some effective exercises, which can prove to be highly beneficial to improve your eye health:
- Figure of eight: This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.4.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. What you have to do is to place some large letters are at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds are over, you have to open your eyes and then you have to see the letters for a second or two. The more number of times you do this, the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.However, these eye exercises are not universally accepted by all doctors.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
My eyes become red sometime when I itch it badly and then it starts burning. Pls help what to do. Reply asap.
I have a Squint Eye problem from my birth. Can it be treated? What is the possibility of facing the issue again after treatment? Please suggest.
Presently I am using cryzal progressive optical for four months but it restricts the sight by the objects. Please tell whether a bifocal optical can be used simultaneously? While working on computers progressive and rest time bifocal? Please sir.
From morning I have my eyes like full of blood redness in the eye and their is pain in my lower back head and the sides of the head when ever I speak it pains. And I feel dizziness and some type of feeling then I will fell down Can you tell me what happens to me and how to overcome the problem.
I am Rupesh. I am 23 years old. I am using spectacles. Recently I am having some eye problem like straining and some blueness. Can you suggest me the solution of relieving the pain? I think the power of lenses reduced or my eyesight increased. I am a software engineer. I suppose to see the computer for more hours. Because of these reasons, I think my eyesight got increased.
A red eye is one of the first and most common symptoms of conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis is the inflammation of the tissue that lies over the white part of the eye and lines the inner side of the eyelid. It is usually the result of a viral infection and can easily spread from one person to another. Conjunctivitis can also be a symptom of STDs like Gonorrhea or Chlamydia. In newborns, conjunctivitis can be vision threatening, while in grownups it is not considered a serious health risk. The symptoms of conjunctivitis differ according to the cause of the infection.
Some common symptoms of conjunctivitis are:
- Green or white discharge from the eye
- Redness of the white part of the eye
- Inflammation of the eyelid
- Waking up to crusted yellow discharge
- Itchiness and burning in the eyes
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Blurred vision
An eye examination and testing a sample of the fluid secreted by the eye can be used to diagnose conjunctivitis. It can easily be treated at home and does not require hospitalization. Antibiotics are often given in the form of eye drops and ointments to treat conjunctivitis. These usually need to be applied 3 to 4 times a day for a period of 5 to 6 days. Wash your eyes before putting the eye drops. Once applied, close your eyes and roll the eyeball around to distribute the medicine and keep it from overflowing out of the eye. Wash your hands immediately after applying the eye drops.
Viral conjunctivitis is highly contagious. If you are suffering from it, you should take a few days off work and restrict your social interactions. Wash your hands frequently as you may unconsciously rub your eyes. This is especially important with regards to meals and finger foods. Also, avoid sharing towels, pillowcases, etc. to minimize the transmission of the disease from one person to another.
Avoid using makeup while being treated for conjunctivitis. With conjunctivitis, the eye is more sensitive to irritants and thus, a speck of makeup can worsen the situation. Also avoid contacts. If you wear contacts regularly, dispose the current set and start using a fresh set after your doctor gives you a clean chit.
Artificial tears or non prescription eye drops can also be used to relieve the itchiness and burning in the infected eye. If only one eye had been affected by conjunctivitis, do not use the same eye drop bottle for both eyes.