Doctor in Eye And Skin Plus
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Eye And Skin PlusYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Experience was really good. Dr. Was very kind enough to talk very nicely and patiently. She asked me several details to understand the problem. Whenever she was doing, she explained everything. Only problem is I felt that she charged a little higher than other doctors in Gandhinagar.
Not recommended at all. I had some issues with my scalp and skin allergy due to sunburn. I was consulted and prescribed medicines costing about Rs. 1800. They recommend to buy the medication in-house even if I wanted to buy it from outside. Anyways, I discovered that I healed very quickly naturally without taking medicines. I went back to return the medicines, they have asked me to come at a different time almost 3 times. Today, I went there again to return unused medication (Most of it), they showed me that ridiculous sticker stating that they don't take any return medication. This is not fair practice that too by educated doctors. Even general medicine shops take it back if the items that are unused. My idea to go this hospital was just to be sure that their isn't anything serious and liked the consultation but didn't like your practice of not taking back the unused the medicines. I wonder why they would do that.
The best doctor i have met till date. Very keen listener and clears all the doubts of the patient. I admire her the eay she treats the patients.
Dr. Neha Shukla's way of good explanaation of about my skin problem and Satisfaction with consulting . Her treatment is going good .
She has been prompt about the issues and recommended proper treatment and i got relief on infection in just 2 days !!
diagnosis was a new experience. the treatment strategies are novel and good.
It was really gud....in one day itself i m feeling better than before.
Excellent Dr. She explained the skin problems in a very good manner...
I was treated sincerely and proper time was given to me.
such amazing doctor and good advice to skin problems.
It was excellent, very good conversation with her.
Good dr and halpful persan
Satisfied and happy
Scabies is a skin condition that causes the skin to itch. It is caused by a tiny burrowing mite, which is called Sarcoptes scabei. The presence of the mite in the burrowed areas causes intense itching, especially at night. This a contagious condition which can quickly spread through physical contact in places like nursing homes, schools, prisons etc. Scabies is easily treatable by applying lotions to the skin that may kill the mite. Yet, one may still experience itching for several weeks.
The eight legged mite that causes the condition is microscopic. The female mite burrows just beneath the skin and makes a tunnel where it deposits eggs. These eggs hatch, mature and spread to the other areas of the skin or to the skin of other people. The body's allergic reaction to the mites, their eggs and wastes causes the itching.
Some of the symptoms of the condition are severe itching, narrow irregular burrow tracks which look like blisters or bumps on your skin. The burrow tracks generally appear in the folds of the skin. The common sites of the condition are between the fingers, armpits, around the waist, soles of your feet, knees, shoulder blades etc.
Some of the complications of the condition are:
1. Vigorous scratching which can break your skin and can cause a secondary infection such as impetigo. This superficial skin infection is usually caused by the staphylococci bacteria.
2. Severe scratching can also lead to damaged and reddened skin which in severe cases can start to bleed.
Crusted scabies, also known as Norwegian scabies is a severe form of the condition which affects certain high risks group such as:
1. People with chronic medical conditions such as HIV/Aids or chronic leukemia
2. Older people in nursing homes
3. People who are very ill
After a long summer, the first monsoon showers are something everyone looks forward to. After the third shower, this love often abates and the humid, damp weather causes a host of skin infections. Thus, it becomes essential to take extra care of the skin during the rainy season.
Here are a few tips to help your skin maintain its glow:
- Drink plenty of water: Though the weather is humid, the rainy season can make the skin dehydrated. Thus, it is important to drink plenty of water. This keeps the skin hydrated and avoids the accumulation of toxins in the body. 8 -10 glasses of water a day is the minimum intake required during the rainy season. Lotion based serums and water based moisturizers can also help keep the skin hydrated.
- Let your skin breathe: During the rainy season, avoid heavy makeup and foundation. Use water based moisturizers instead of oil based moisturizers. Leaving makeup on for too long during this season can enlarge your pores, block them and lead to acne breakouts. If you must use makeup, ensure that it is properly removed at the end of the day.
- Watch your diet: The condition of your skin mirrors the quality of your diet. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your skin glowing. Avoid spicy food that can cause erratic blood circulation and lead to allergies and skin irritations.
- Wash your face frequently: As soon as you get home from a day in the rain, wash your face with lukewarm water. Use a soap free cleanser and a scrub to keep your skin clean. After cleaning your face, use an alcohol free toner to close your pores and balance the pH levels of your skin.
- Avoid bleaching: Bleaching and facials could do more harm than good in the rainy season. This can make your skin rough.
- Use sunscreen: Sunscreen protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays. While UVB rays may be blocked by the overcast sky, UVA rays pass through windows and clouds as well. UV radiation not only accelerates signs of skin aging but can also lead to skin cancer. Thus, do not forget to wear sunscreen whether the sky is clear or not.
- Keep skin dry: As far as possible, keep your skin dry to fight fungal infections. Any place where the skin folds rub against each other is susceptible to such infections. During the rainy season, the feet are most prone of fungal infections. If you've walked through puddles of rainwater, wash your feet as soon as you get home and dry them properly. Also, avoid synthetic clothes that trap moisture and switch to cotton.
With these tips, your skin will be healthy and remain glowing throughout the season. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dandruff is not something that you can catch from someone else. It is an embarrassing condition but also a major cause for hairfall and hair weakening. It is estimated to affect as many as one in five individuals in india. You're said to suffer from the problem of dandruff when the skin renewal cycle of your scalp accelerates all of a sudden. This brings about the development of patches of dead skin on your scalp surface and the resultant dry, skin flakes called dandruff.
The causes of this very common problem can be:
- Having dry skin can also cause dandruff to develop, which are less oily and smaller in nature.
- Even irritated oily skin, more commonly known as seborrheic dermatitis can cause you to suffer from these white skin flakes. The problem can be easily identified by its distinguishing yellow or white flakes over the red greasy skin surface.
- Not shampooing your hair regularly can cause skin cells and oils to build up in the scalp leading to the outbreak of dandruff.
- Sensitivity to certain hair care products and the presence of Malassezia (a type of fungus) are other causes that can lead to dandruff problems.
Oiling your hair is the most effective measure that you can take against this scalp problem. While the ideal time to do this is at night so that you can wash it off the next morning, one should also remember that hair oil shouldn't be left on the hair for over 24 hours. Additionally, dry scalp makes it very easy for dandruff to develop as the oil-secreting glands found in the scalp's epidermal layers produce low or no natural oil. Application of oil helps in keeping the scalp nourished as well as enables glands to produce oil. But leaving it on for more than the recommended hours can intensify your dandruff problem and further accelerate the hair fall process. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!