Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Fazilka and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit AryaYour feedback matters!
How to remove discoloration of teeth. They are turning brown gradually? Is it due to heavy intake of coffee?
What are the time period of dental implant? My doc told me its take one and a half month to two month ?
15 days back 2 front top broken teeth were removed by dentist. I also went to a general physician. But I am not getting any better. Will permanent denture for front teeth help?
Hello. I want to ask about yellow teeth problem. I brush my teeth daily but can't clean it properly. Please help me how to clean teeth that look white. Thanks.
I am having teeth problem is. When drink hot or cold liquid I get pain in upper jaw teeth M .K laxmi.
Common causes include -
1. Use of all forms of tobacco (gutkha, khaini, bidi, cigarette, paan etc.)
2. Irritating or sharp edged dentures or teeth causing chronic non healing ulcers
3. Poor oral hygiene
4. Some hereditary conditions (example - Plummer Vinson Syndrome)
It starts as change in color of oral mucosa or non healing chronic ulcer which grows with time. It may or may not bleed on touch. Pain may be or may not present
Another form of oral cancer which resembles cauliflower is known as verrucous carcinoma.
Prevention of cancer includes -
1. Quitting all kind of habits including tobacco
2. Regular dental and oral checkups
3. Maintainance of good oral hygiene,
4. Rounding or removal of ill fitting dentures or prostheses.
How to whiten our teeth at home. Pls suggest any home remedy or any whitening cream which is easily available in the local market. Thanx.
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.