Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tanvi Gulati
Submit a review for Dr. Tanvi GulatiYour feedback matters!
17th May - World Hypertension Day
Lets limit our salt intake for a healthy life. Our daily requirement of salt is 1 tsp, monitoring salt content in our diet will help cut down its intake. So here are some tips to help you maintain low sodium diet:
- Read the nutrition labels on packed foods, and check for sodium
- Prepare your own meals (and limit the salt in recipes and products).
- Buy fresh fruits, and vegetables.
- Rinse canned foods containing sodium (such as beans, tuna, and vegetables).
- Enjoy the natural flavour of foods like salads, buttermilk, curd and fruits without added any salt on them
- Add spices to your food. Instead of salt, try coriander, black pepper, nutmeg, parsley, cumin, cilantro, ginger, rosemary, thyme, garlic or onion powder, bay leaf, oregano, dry mustard
- Reduce portion size; less food means less sodium.
#eatsmart #health #fitness #worldhypertensionday #nutrition #dietitian