Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Allergist/Immunologists in India. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Allergist/Immunologists online in Farrukhabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Asheesh KumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from allergy [ cold, cough, sneezing]. Since past 5 years. What are the precautions should I take?
I am suffering from asthma since childhood. I got severe attack of it specially in april. Can it be 100% curable.
Very often irritation in throat leading to cough and spasm. A Bronchitis patient, allergic to cold, season change. Taking Montair LC and Foracort 200 inhaler. Suggest.
The onset of winter brings with it chilly and dry winds. For some, it’s the time to enjoy the chill weather with hot water baths and soothing drinks, and for others it’s time to brave the long persistent cold and flu like symptoms which cause sickness and discomfort.
People who are allergic to the winter season can catch a cold on the slightest exposure to cold air. Sometimes, it’s difficult to ascertain whether it is cold or an external allergen. In people prone to winter allergies, the allergies are mainly caused due to the allergens present in the environment. Mostly, winter allergies are also caused by the same allergens that are triggered in the summer season.
Thus, people who have some or the other form of seasonal allergy is likely to suffer from allergies as the season changes.
- Pet dander (flakes of skin in an animal's fur or hair) allergies are believed to escalate in winter since pets are mostly indoors during this season. The best way to deal with this is keeping the pet’s area clean and dry, washing and changing of the bedding regularly, and avoiding physical contact as much as possible.
- Dampness of clothes, blankets and shoes at home can be an allergy trigger for many people. The best way to control this type of allergy is to keep damp clothes and shoes in sun for some time. However, this may not work in many countries with extreme cold climates, which lack sunshine in their environment.
- Decaying leaves and other yard waste can cause allergies due to mould and mildew. Mopping and sweeping the floors and garden can help alleviate the problem to some extent.
- Dry climate can cause irritation in the nose and throat. It’s important to replenish the body with adequate liquids and water rich fruits and veggies. It’s important to choose your drinks wisely. Too much tea or coffee can also dehydrate the body. Go for ginger lemon honey infused in warm water for best results.
- Allergy symptoms can also be caused due to too much moisture in the environment. It can give rise to a stuffy or runny nose, sneezing and coughing. Thus it’s best to avoid sitting in a moist environment for long.
- Sinus congestions are also common during the winter season. Steam inhalation and hot showers can help relieve the symptoms and provide relief.
Whether you are allergic to pets, moisture, dampness, dry weather or chilled winds, the thumb rule is twofold—to understand what triggers your allergies and to avoid your exposure to those allergens. As we all know, allergies have no cure and they need to be managed. Drugs also help in controlling the allergy symptoms to some extent. However, it’s best to prevent them as far as possible. If you are confused about what triggers your allergy, make sure to consult your doctor.
Simple and Handy Remedy for Asthma
I am a 19 year old girl suffering from dust allergy accompanied with sneezing stuffy nose and headache especially in the rainy season.
I am suffered from allergic and also asthma, how can I improve our health please suggest me thank you.
I want the regular healthy diet plans. What should we do eat regular to increase our immunity. please tell.
Mujhe paidaisi se asthma he, bt utna nahi he, bt rainy season main ye nikal ta he, ye seasonally hota he, aur 15 din ke liye, uske baad medicines khane ke baad, 15 days ke aandar sahi ho jata he, and I, m 20 years old, n I, m daily smoke 3 ya 4 cigarette n chewing tobacco 2 times, n monthly one time drink alcohol, ye sab bad habits karne se asthma ke liye kuch prblm ho Sakta he kya, Please tell me.
1 year 5 months ago I took 4shot of anti rabies vaccine now recently stray dog licked my wound so doctor told to get another 4shot for a one month period, I have multiple fears right now 1- is it overdose? 2- rabies vaccine itself a dead virus how safe it is, I'm thinking about this 24/7 fear of getting rabies can't able to sleep and not able to take food ,sometimes crying.
Most people, at some point of time, have been affected by allergic reactions. An allergic reaction is a hypersensitive reaction triggered by an Allergen (substance that has the potential to trigger an allergic reaction). Allergies can be Perennial or Seasonal. Perennial allergies are not season specific and can occur throughout the year.
Seasonal allergies, on the other hand, are season specific, for example, Hay fever (triggered by pollens) is a common allergic reaction during the spring season.
A number of substances can act as a potential allergen, triggering a hypersensitive reaction in a person. The allergens can be
- Environmental factors, such as pollen, dust mites, sunlight, fur of some animals, or mold
- Certain foodstuffs like milk and dairy products, peanuts, wheat, soy, tomatoes, eggplant, alcohol or shellfish.
- Synthetic and natural substances like pesticides, nickel, latex
- Certain medications like sulfa drugs, penicillin
- Animal stings; mostly wasps and bees, can also trigger an allergic reaction.
The allergic reactions affecting a person can vary depending on the source of the allergen. It can be a skin allergy, nasal and cough allergy, food allergy or a dust allergy. The best way to treat an allergic reaction is to identify the allergen involved. Homeopathic treatments are very effective against allergic reactions. Though time consuming; homeopathic treatment provides long lasting and permanent relief. In addition, the homeopathic medicines have no harmful side effects. No wonder, more and more people are going for homeopathic treatments.
The following homeopathic medicines, if taken regularly and diligently, can successfully treat a number of allergic reactions:
- Arsenic Album: Many people suffer from watery eyes, continuous sneezing, running nose accompanied by a burning sensation. These all are signs of a nasal allergy. Arsenic Album is an effective homeopathic option against nasal allergy.
- Sulphur: It provides great relief from skin allergies. Sulphur is a boon for people suffering from very dry and itchy skin.
- Natrum Mur: It is an effective homeopathic (natural) medicine against nasal and skin allergies.
- Pulsatilla, Natrum Carb and Aethusa Cynapium: These homeopathic medicines act as a blessing for people suffering from milk allergy.
- Urtica Urens: If you are allergic to shellfish, Urtica Urens is just for you.
- Bromium and Lycopersicum: they are very effective against dust allergies. Arsenic Album is also an excellent option.
There are people who are allergic to certain hair dyes. Arsenic Album and Sulphur effectively deals with such allergies. Natrum Mur and Sepia cannot be neglected either. Do not allow allergies to make your life miserable. Switch over to the homeopathic treatments and enjoy a stress free life, sans the allergies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
My mother is suffering from trigeminal neuralgia and asthma as well. Right now she is taking tegrital 200 mg, 6 tabs a day. And inhalers for asthma. Kindly suggest treatment for tg neuralgia.
2. To this add 1-2 tsp of diamond sugar, 1tsp of pure honey, 1tsp lemon juice extract and a pinch of turmeric. Stir well and drink it hot/warm.
3. Drink this continuously for a month, this will help you to increase the immunity levels.