Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Faridkot. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ratul DeyYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 24 year old male and I am suffering from hearing loss from last 5 years mainly in the high frequency region. Please tell me some solution or exercises to recover from this problem. Sir I am also suffering from ankylosing spondelitis. From last 4 years but my hearing problem is the older one. And Dr. Has given me donica and donica s-r for my spondelitis problem? these two problems make my life very tough.
I suffered from Sensori-Neural Hearing loss in left ear last year in October due to viral infection. I got treatment with Hyperbaric oxygen therapy and steroid injections. I recovered only partial hearing. Is there any possibility of complete recovery. I am suffering from tinnitus since then. Is there any scope of recovery?
He is suffering from Otosclerosis since last few year. And got big hearing loss. He do not want any surgery. Is it any ayurvedic/homeopathy/medicinal treatment can be done. Please reply.
Now, today's world is suffering from many unknown ailments, due to our modern lifestyle, diet and many more. One of the most hazardous problems today's world is suffering from is ear related i. E ringing sound or tinnitus with vertigo and hearing loss. So as an audiologist my request and advice to all to avoid unwanted loud sound and protect your hearing by either wearing ear plugs or ear muffs or by avoiding such detrimental situations by wiseness, because tinnitus is mostly related to your duration of noise exposure. Because your health is in your hand. So you people decide.
Having loss of hearing in both ears is it due to accumulation of wax in the ears or shall I visit ENT specialist. Using hearing aid for last 6 years.
I have cough so I took cough syrup and I am not able to hear clear or less from my left ear? Wt is reason? Wt should I do?
I am 20 years old boy and I have hearing impairment unable to hear properly due to mucus congestion in my ear its been 8 month has gone earlier in childhood I used to have severe pneumonia pls suggest some better answer.
Actually mere sister ka beta abhi 2 saal ka hai lag bhag. Or wo normal huya tha. But kuch time baad usko minor brain hemorrhage hogya tha. Or kafi time machine me reha. Abhi vo waise to thik hai but Dr. Kehte hai ki uske ek ear me problem hai or vo kam sunnta ho or uska operation bataya hai 6 lakh tak kharcha or bola hai ki koi chip hai Jo iske ear me dali jayegi or iske mind ki nase week hai or wo apne pairo par bhi kharda nahi hota thik se. Means vo dekhne mein abnormal lagta hai but vo normal hai. Kya iska koi ilaaz hai kyonki itna paisa nahi hai ki operation kar de so please kuch bataye taki vo baby thik ho jaye please help
HELLO Dr. Maeri mom ka ek ear bilkul khrab h unah ek hi kaan say sunai deta but jaese jaese age bd rhi h unah bhut km sunae de rha h. Please suggest me. Unah kon se best ear machine dilani chahiye.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?