Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Faridkot and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Rajkumar GargYour feedback matters!
Hey Doc, I just started taking my antibiotic dose and it started from yesterday (28/03) night and was supposed to take the medicine today (29/03) morning and night ,but I forgot to take the antibiotic dosage today morning and the night dose I just had it, so I skipped the morning dose of antibiotics unfortunately. I've heard when you skip one dose there's chance that the infection could return and can you please suggest any precautions I should take for the infection not to return? The antibiotic was for cough and it's a 5 day course. Please help me stay healthy despite missing a dose of it. I'm 19 years of age.
I am suffering from dry cough during last two week. I have pain in my chest when I cough. What I do?
I have been observing high level of sugar in my blood levels around 180 fasting and 220 normally on some days, normally it remains within limits. I am not controlling my diet on days when sugar level is normal I am 37 with no family history of high sugar levels. Kindly suggest what tests could be done to identify the problem n what do you diagnose out of it. I have been on valprin chrono 500 due to epileptic seizures which occurred around 12 yrs back.
I have a stammering problem. When I get tensed I will get more stammered. Normally I talk very well with my family and friends. But, when I talk in class, office I will get stammered. So, please help me How can I overcome my stammering problem.
Doc does not matter how much I am tired and feeling sleep I am never able to sleep in the day time. In the night only my body rests but not mind. Always I feel mentally exhausted. Whole night my mind process thoughts please please help.
I am 25 yr old, my spleen looks like got swelled. What could be the reason. Is anything serious. Stomach looks tight not able to eat full. Please help.
I feel always eye pain when I am working on computer. I wear lens on both eyes. But also sometimes coming headache problem.
I am so weak of heavy walking and body pains and laziness which of the medicines are help to lose the pain and laziness?
In these days I have facing a problem of testicular pain of the right side just little bit what can I do. Tell me the solution.
Hello, sir/madam I'm diabetes patience, I checkup with so many doctor. But its not controlling. So, please give me some suggestions.
Hello mam, I had sex with my partner on 29 may and my periods is started on that day Now my date is 30 june but still I can't get my periods is there is a chance of pregnancy Pls help me I don't want this If am pregnant then suggest any tablet pls.
Endocrinology deals with hormones, hormone systems and hormonal disorders. The organs that come under endocrinology are pituitary gland, adrenal glands, ovaries or testicles, thyroid gland and pancreas. These organs maintain the chemical balance of the body by secreting hormones which regulate all the body systems.
Diabetes is the name for a group of diseases which are characterized by abnormalities in the absorption of glucose and blood sugar levels.
Relation between the endocrine system and diabetes:
The hormone insulin is secreted by the pancreatic beta cells called the islets of Langerhans. It is a peptide hormone that metabolizes carbohydrates, proteins and fats, stimulates the conversion of glycogen or stored protein to usable glucose and also helps the body cells to absorb the glucose. The movement of ionized or free calcium (Ca2+) is also somewhat dependent on insulin.
Insulin is secreted from the pancreas in two phases - the first phase occurs when blood sugar level is high and need to be absorbed into the cells while the second phase is associated with a slower production not influenced by blood sugar.
Types of diabetes and how they are affected by the endocrine system
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus: This condition is caused by underproduction of insulin by the pancreatic beta cells. It is called 'insulin dependent diabetes mellitus' (IDDM), since it is directly influenced by the hormone.
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus: This type of the disorder is not directly dependent on insulin. It is usually caused by obesity and lack of physical exercise. The cells develop resistance to insulin and because of that blood sugar is not absorbed properly. This eventually leads to under-secretion of insulin.
- Gestational diabetes mellitus: Pregnant women might develop high levels of blood sugar even if they did not have diabetes in the past. This occurs due the changes in the regular hormonal cycles and secretion of pregnancy hormones and can result is complications and miscarriage.
Sub-specialties of diabetic endocrinology
- Diabetic renal disease: The kidneys filter the blood. If there are chronically high levels of sugar in blood, hormones like erythropoietin (regulates production of red blood cells) and renin (regulates blood plasma and fluid content) are not produced. As a result, the kidneys' capacity is reduced and waste materials build up in blood.
- Diabetic vision problems: Insulin problems may cause the blood vessels supplying the retina (light sensitive eye tissue) to expand or contract. This causes blurry and distorted vision and pain in the eyes.