Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Surbhi JainYour feedback matters!
I can't remember anything whatever I read books. Pls suggest me how should I sharpen my mind to remember.
My wife is suffering from depression since last 6 months, she is also suffering from anaemia, vitamin D, what is the best medicine for her, please suggest.
It might happen that you may not find your child, at twelve months to two years of age, at the same level as their peers in verbal communication. You think it's just a developmental problem they are facing and put off seeking professional advice; an intrinsically wrong step to take, because your child might be suffering from Speech Delay.
Delayed speech, or alalia, can be roughly defined as a delay in the development and use of the biological mechanisms that produce speech. Delayed speech is sometimes caused from hearing defect also. A deaf child is always dumb. Before we jump into conclusion of delayed speech, hearing assessment is mandatory.
The symptoms of speech delay are roughly categorized into age related groups, generally beginning at the age of 12 months and continuing through the early adolescence, and they are:
1. Age-12 months
a. It is indeed a symptom if your child cannot point at objects or cannot manage gestures, such as waving good-bye.
b. Another symptom is that if your child does not prefer to communicate verbally as much as his/her peers.
2. Age-15-18 months
a. If your child is unable to pronounce familiar syllables or simply cannot call you even by this time, it's a worrying symptom.
b. You find your child unable to, or simply not reciprocating to 'no', 'hello', 'hi', 'bye'.
c. If your child is unable to extend his/her vocabulary up to 15 words by fifteen months, then it's a symptom.
3. Age-2-4 years
a. You find your child unable to spontaneously produce speech and words.
b. Another worrying symptom is if your child is lacking consonant sounds at the beginning and end of words while speaking.
c. If you still find your child unable to form simple sentences and words, then it is indeed a troubling symptom, confirming the disorder.
The causes for the speech delay disorder are:
1. A primary cause can be physical disruption in parts of the mouth such lips or palate, which may be deformed.
2. Another serious cause can be an oral-motor dysfunction which is the disruption in the creation of the specific area of the brain which deals with speech and communication.
3. The disorder can also be attributed to impairment in the development of the child's intellectual, receptive and expressive abilities.
4. There can also be psychological causes involving school environment and peer relationships which might lead to disruption of speech patterns and reluctance in speech expression and development. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Little or limited caffeine amount can definitely boost energy levels, but an excessive amount might lead to addiction, which is really quite a serious issue. This addiction cannot be kicked away with medications and rather you have to follow the natural ways. Practicing yoga asanas is one of the most improved solutions that can help you to get rid of acute or severe caffeine addiction and that too in a natural way without inviting any unhealthy side effects.
5 leading asanas that can help avoid caffeine addiction:
- Mayurasana: This asana is mainly well known as the Peacock pose. The pose is very much useful for maintaining digestive and circulatory functions. The hands should be clasped backside and you should bend your head towards your feet. Standing straight is needed and you have to take deep breaths at the time of holding back the concerned posture.
- Chakrasana: This is nothing, but a wheel pose which helps in system detoxification and toxin release. Your thyroid and pituitary glands will get naturally stimulated as a result of this pose. Extending arms overhead by keeping feet together you can perform this pose. You should bend backwards with your face down towards the floor, and you have to use your palms for support.
- Sarvangasana: This pose needs to be done by keeping your shoulders in support. Without using yoga mats, this pose cannot be performed comfortably. Parathyroid and thyroid glands are stimulated along with the normalization of different body functions. Relief from constipation and indigestion can be gained from this pose. Keeping your shoulders in support, the legs should be extended upwards at 90-degree angle. The shoulders should take your full body weight at the time of doing this asana.
- Halasana: This plough pose can help in reducing lethargy, fatigue and stress. Your nervous system can be calmed down, and you will feel completely relaxed. Energy channels of your body can be easily opened up by practicing this asana regularly. In this case, legs should be bended at your hips so that the legs can be flat over the ground. You should keep your hands beside your body.
- Nadi-sodhan Pranayama: if you have got accumulated stress, then nothing can be a better option other than doing this asana. Both body and mind get completely relaxed as a result of practicing this pose. In this case, breathing patterns or techniques can be corrected along with the balancing of the nadis. You have to get a proper guidance in order to perform it in a correct manner.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am 21 yr old guy from last 4-5 yrs, I hav been feeling stress and I am unable to concentrate on anything as if I hav lost my thinking ability.
Respected doctors, I have severe anxiety due to which I get burning sensations and numbness ,hyperventilation and giddiness. I was prescribed escitalopram 10 mg and carbamazepine 300 mg. How safe is carbamazepine 300 mg for Indians? M so scared to take it..
Hi I have some relatives problem they hurt me too much I can not forget it this matter always in my mind I have anxiety problem already taking medicine but no forget that hurt I do not enjoy my life please help me doctor please save my life.
My son is not sleeping in the nights but watching laptop and sleeping during the day time. He is not eating food at regular timing and he is getting angry with his MOTHER and mother brothers by thinking about their advices done during his childhood. His expression of words are not proper. His age is 22 He is staying in one of the rooms in my house which is somewhat dark He studied BE computer science but incomplete. He is not having any friends he is not going out but staying/sleeping in the same room which is utilized as GOD's room by our family. I feel he gets mental disorder When I asked him to undergo counseling with psychiatrist doctor he is telling that he is good and no need counseling. I request you to advise me to take steps on my son. Thank you.
I am 25 year old boy suffering from anxiety disorder. My doctor give me opipramol 50 mg twice a day. He said that it will take time to work at lest 6 to 8 weeks to start working. Is this true.
What is the treatment for bipolar disorder? I experience hallucinations and delusions. Are these part of bipolar disorder? And also, Can OCD and bipolar disorder be simultaneously be present?
Becoming a smoker was a journey. The journey probably began for you many years ago when you started experimenting with those first cigarettes. They probably were not so good, but as time passed, your body became used to smoking. You probably found yourself smoking regularly and in more situations. You developed certain smoking patterns. Smoking became a part of you. Cigarettes have been a part of your identity for a long time. Becoming a nonsmoker is a journey and a learning process. Think of this as a new beginning, with change occurring over time. As time passes, you will learn more about being a nonsmoker and will develop a new identity. You will become comfortable in life’s different situations without smoking. To be successful, you must maintain your commitment to this change over time. The new tobacco-free you will discover a world of benefits as a result of your journey. There is life after smoking, and it is truly better! Doctors may help you make this important journey. Here you will find information and tips in a format that lets you actively participate in planning and arriving at your destination: a smoke-free life.