Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena SahpathiYour feedback matters!
My period is not longer than 2 days. And my weight increases abnormally instead of work out. Great fatigueness also. So please suggest what are the precaution should I take. After I will consult with doctor.
I am 37 and I had a baby through C sec about three months ago. I am having heavy bleeding during periods and during ultra sound I was told I have fibroid in my uterus. What should do to?
There are certain foods that you should be eating on a regular basis to improve your overall health. These foods contain the necessary micro and macro nutrients to nourish your body and allow it to function optimally.
The 7 foods that you should include in your diet are:
- Brown rice: Opt for the whole grain variety instead of white rice, as brown rice contains complex carbohydrates instead of simple carbohydrates. Brown rice provides energy to the body without spiking the blood sugar levels. It is also a good source of trace minerals like manganese, phosphorus and selenium.
- Eggs: A boiled egg is, without a shade of doubt, one of the best superfoods that you can come across. An egg packs a powerful nutritious punch that contains protein, vitamin D, selenium, zinc and copper. Apart from being nutritious, it is an inexpensive source of protein.
- Apples: You must have heard the age old proverb that 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away'and it stands good even today with good reason. Apples are good sources of antioxidants, flavonoids and fiber that help in reducing the risk of blood pressures problems and diabetes. Apples are also known to reduce levels of bad cholesterol in the body. You can also take the package for Eating Right.
- Spinach: Spinach is a superfood that contains good amounts of vitamin C, and various antioxidants that help in maintaining optimal functioning of the body. It is also known for its anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a good source of protein and calcium that you may use as a part of fat loss diet. Yogurt also contains healthy probiotic bacteria that promote healthy digestion.
- Fish: Fish contains protein in good amounts, the variety of amino acids content in fish helps in improving metabolism in the body. It also helps in building muscle and losing fat. Fish contains Omega-3 acids which help promote a healthy nervous system.
- Garlic: Consumption of garlic on a regular basis is known to keep the body free from toxins due to its antibiotic properties. The high sulfur content of garlic boosts immunity levels in the body and protects it from common cold and cough.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Hello dr, I hv 10 month old she does breastfeed. Still I does not get periods is it normal? What should I do?
Top health benefits of super food avocado
Avocado commonly know as butter-fruit & biological name: persea americana
Names in other languages: Makhanphal (hindi), vennai pazham (tamil), alpukat (marathi), mager nashpati (urdu), benne hannu (kannada)
While 77% of its calories come from fat, the majority comprises of oleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid which reduces dangerous ldl cholesterol in the blood while increasing the favourable hdl cholesterol. The fats in avocado resist heat-induced oxidation which makes avocado oil a healthier cooking oil.
Avocados have a high fibre content (7 grams of fibre in a 100 gm serving), with almost 25% of the fibre being soluble fibre. Plus the monounsaturated fatty acidsare not stored as fat and work as slow burning energy, leaving you feeling full for longer.
Potassium is important to keep blood pressure levels at its best behaviour, but unfortunately, most people do not get enough of this mineral in their diet. This could increase the risk of heart attack, stroke and kidney disease. Avocados have a richer potassium content than bananas. The oleic acid and dietary fibre in avocados further help normalize blood sugar levels.
Avocados are filled with antioxidant carotenoids like alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, lutein and zeaxanthin which protect the cells against free radical damage.
Living with diabetes? make avocados an essential part of your daily diet and see your ‘bad’ ldl cholesterol drop and the ‘good’ hdl cholesterol go up thanks to the oleic acid content. The high monounsaturated fats also help reduce high triglyceride levels and improve insulin function andblood glucose levels.
Soft, healthy skin:-
The monounsaturated fats and omega-9 fats improve the skin appearance by maintaining the moisture in the epidermal layer and repairing damaged skin cells. A healthy intake of monounsaturated fat is important to regulate sebum production to control unwanted acne and blackheads. If you are pressed for time and are unable to use avocado face packs, learn to incorporate a moisturizing cream like olay total effects day cream in your routine that also has anti-ageing properties.
The high levels of monounsaturated fats, phytosterols, antioxidants like vitamin e, vitamin c and various carotenoids help curb the inflammation that causes arthritis.
The high soluble fibre content kicks the bowels into action and improves digestion.
A higher concentration of folate (folic acid) is one of the most important avocado health benefits for women, both before and after pregnancy.
Better eye health:-
Eyes are something we pay the least attention to but an avocado-rich diet can do that job as not only are they rich in antioxidant including lutein and zeaxant but also increase antioxidant absorption from other foods. Lutein and zeaxanthin reduce the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
Gyno has given me Yasmin 21 pills medicine bcoz my stomach pain during periods .I want to ask after taking this medicine my stomach will not pain or it will pain after completing its course and this medicine will harm to my reproductive parts or not. My age is 21 and I have regular periods.
Till how many days after intimacy can a contraceptive pill be consumed to dismiss the chance of pregnancy?
We are planning for a kid, however I am facing some issue while having intercourse. I am not getting the urge to do and not getting this urge to have intercourse.
My aunt's Pap smear showing HPV positive. What does that implies? Is it necessary to be a cervical cancer? She had already undergone radiotherapy n chemotherapy for breast cancer two years back. Please help.
Helo doctor I am 25 years old ,my height 4.5 inches, my weight 68 kg ,my face have many black spots, And I have 11 month baby, after delivery I was little fat but over belly, so I am very same for my belly, every person told are you pregnant? So please help me doctor How to reduce my belly And which cream used my face.
During pregnancy, hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism become very common. The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland that is situated in the anterior portion of the neck. Its function is to produce hormones that regulate the body’s metabolism, weight, temperature of the body and the nervous system.
If you experience thyroid complications during pregnancy, you will require medical attention. In some cases, pregnancy may cause you to experience symptoms that are similar to hypothyroidism (low production of the thyroid hormone). Thus, if you exhibit symptoms such as weight loss, vomiting and frequent palpitations, do not let them go untreated.
If the thyroid problems are left untreated, they may lead to premature birth; carry risks of miscarriage, low birth weight and high blood pressure problems.
In case of hyperthyroidism (excessive secretion of the thyroid hormone), the symptoms are unexplained nervousness, irregular heartbeat, slight tremors and nausea. For hypothyroidism (low secretion of the hormone), the symptoms are weight gain, constipation, muscle cramps and an inability to focus on anything.
Hyperthyroidism occurs when the body produces an antibody that stimulates the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones. Hypothyroidism occurs when the immune system of the body starts to attack the thyroid gland, thus causing it to scale down on its hormone production.
If you are suffering from hyperthyroidism, then an anti- thyroid medication is prescribed that helps to limit the production of excess hormones. If this does not work, then surgery may be required to remove the thyroid gland.
In case of hypothyroidism, a synthetic hormone is administered that helps in boosting hormone production. The dosage of the hormone is fixed according to the needs of the body so that it does not interfere with other functions of the body.
How does Fertilisation occur?
Mam we consulted gynecologist she said to use susten 200 and take orofer XT tablets during first trimester to combat low hb 8.4 during elderly primigravida. Pls give your second opinion. Is it safe to take iron tablets during first trimester.
I am planning for a child but in vain and my periods are also not regular and sometimes not getting. As I work for 10 hrs shift so I am out for approx 12 hours and very tired. Please advice any medicine or procedure to get pregnant and conceive?
Due to weight loss I am getting periods in heavy flow I can't even get down from bed for first two days I'm not getting really what to do.
M planning for baby for about 3 months but my periods comes 3 days before every month. Y it is happening.
Is is safe to take nutrilite tri-folic tab (as it is written consult your doctor in case of pregnancy) for pregnant women, also ARG 9, surgical SACHET (while searching on Google it is used for hypertension) and are these to also protein sachet for pregnant women. Is it safe?
I have PCOD, I take Diane35 as medication. I recently gained weight, I was 65 and now I am 90 kilos. I am 21 years old. I have lost weight in the past. BUT some how I am unable to loose any weight this time. I have tried everything, from metformin tablets to swimming and excessive exercise over the past one year ... is there something else that COULD help me in my condition. I have a friend in USA, who had PCOD, but she said that she took an injection which helped her loose weight and now there are no cysts in her ovary.. is that possible ? Please help !
1. Get the right cholesterol tests:
Check NMR particle sizes for cholesterol by asking your doctor for this test at Labcorp or LipoScience. You want to know if you have safe light and fluffy cholesterol particles, or small dense, artery damaging cholesterol particles. A regular cholesterol test won't tell you this.
2. Check for Metabolic Syndrome:
• Do you have a fat belly? Measure you waist at the belly button and your hips at the widest point -- if your waist/hip is greater than 0.8 if you are a woman or 0.9 if you are man, then you have a problem
• If you have small LDL and HDL particles, you have metabolic syndrome.
• If your triglycerides are greater than 100 and your HDL is less than 50, or the ratio of triglycerides to HDL is greater than four, then you have metabolic syndrome.
• Do a glucose insulin challenge test.
3. Eat a Healthy Diet. Eat a diet with a low glycemic load, high in fiber, and phytonutrient and omega-3 rich. It should be plant based, and you should consume plenty of good quality protein such as beans, nuts, seeds, and lean animal protein (ideally organic or grass fed).
5. Get Good Quality Sleep. Sleep is essential for healing your body, maintaining balanced blood sugar, and your overall health.
6. Use Supplements to Support Healthy Cholesterol Particle Size. These include:
• A multivitamin including at least 500 mcg of chromium, 2 mg of biotin and 400 mg of lipoic acid. For most you will take three capsules twice a day.
• 1000 mg of omega-3 fats (EPA/DHA) twice a day.
• 2000 IU of vitamin D3 a day at maximum. (Some people recommend less -- consult your doctor.)
• 1200 mg of red rice yeast twice a day.
• 2-4 capsules of glucomannan 15 minutes before meals with a glass of water.
• Broad-range, balanced concentration of plant sterols. You will usually take one capsule with each meal.
7. Consider Using High Dose Niacin or Vitamin B3. This can only be done with a doctor's prescription. It is useful to help raise HDL cholesterol, lower LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, and increase particle size.
8. Use Low-Dose Statins ONLY If You Have Had Heart Disease or are a male with multiple risk factors, while carefully monitoring for muscle and liver damage.