Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Veena Sahpathi
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena SahpathiYour feedback matters!
How to avoid daytime sleepiness
A lot of people, irrespective of whether they go out to work, to college or stay at home, feel sleepy during the day. Some out of fatigue, some because of having a heavy lunch and some others because they do not get a good night?s sleep. Whatever be the reason, a few exercises and some discipline can help you get rid of such sleep cravings.
Few ways to avoid daytime sleepiness are:
1. Set a routine: Try to go to sleep and wake up at about the same time every day. This resets your circadian rhythm and helps developing your sleeping pattern.
2. At least 30 minutes of workout is important for every individual. Go for walks, go to the gym, take up yoga or aerobics - regardless of the kind of exercise you are doing. When the body gets exercise, so does the brain and you are refreshed to take on the rest of the day.
3. Go to bed gadget free: Keep your books, mobile, tab, laptop and TV remote away from the bed. Stay calm and do not have heated conversations. Your nerves need calm down as you to sleep.
4. Get enough sleep: Ensure you sleep enough every night so that it doesn?t ruin your day. Night time sleep is important and adults need seven to nine hours of sleep.
5. Set consistent, healthy mealtimes: Regular mealtimes, eating a healthy breakfast and lunch on time prevents energy deficits during the day that will help you get rid of daytime sleepiness
6. Avoid alcohol: Having alcohol in high amount may hamper your regular sleeping pattern and you may be sleepy the whole day.
7.Avoid Self-Medication: Avoid taking sleeping pills or over the counter the drugs. There are different kinds of drugs available in the market. Some may make you sleepy the whole day due to hangover effect of the drug.
8. Consult a Physician or a sleep specialist.
In simple language, Hemorrhage is when the blood escapes from veins or blood vessels. This escape may happen because of various reasons like, for example, injury, low platelet count, threatened abortion, piles (Hemorrhoids), cancer, surgery, liver disease, brain trauma, acute bronchitis, menstrual problem and so on.
Types of Hemorrhage:
As a matter of fact, Hemorrhage is grouped into several categories. Hemorrhage can occur post surgery, and such a Hemorrhage is called as postoperative Hemorrhage. Similarly, for various reasons Hemorrhage can occur from the artery (Arterial Hemorrhage), vein (Venous Hemorrhage) or capillary (Capillary Hemorrhage). If Hemorrhage happens because of an injury, it is called primary Hemorrhage.
Other types of Hemorrhage are delayed bleeding post injury (Reactionary Hemorrhage), bleeding following childbirth (Postpartum Hemorrhage), delay in bleeding following Sepsis popularly called as septic (Secondary Hemorrhage), bleeding from urine (Haematuria), bleeding while coughing (Hemoptysis) and bleeding caused in the stomach (Hematemesis).
Further, Hemorrhage can be broadly classified into two namely internal and external:
- It would be needless to mention that excessive bleeding may lead to several complications. It can result in organ failure and there are instances that excessive bleeding can be fatal. On the other hand, blood loss can be external or visible Hemorrhage like those caused during an injury. There are also instances of blood loss occurring internally in which case the patient may notice blood either in the urine or stools, vagina or while coughing or through the nostrils or even from the mouth. In such cases, the patient should be rushed to a doctor who after careful examination, and tests would be able to identify the causes of the internal bleeding.
- In case of external bleeding or external Hemorrhage like those caused due to an injury, you may provide the necessary first aid. When the bleeding is noticed, do not get alarmed and also try to keep the patient calm. Hemorrhage caused due to external injury would normally stop within one or two minutes. However, if the bleeding persists even after two or three minutes, such cases would require medical attention, and therefore, you should rush the patient to the doctor at the earliest.
There are several remedies to tackle the problem of Hemorrhage. Some of the normal procedures followed are IV fluid, oxygen, administering medicines like vitamin B12 and so on. In complicated cases, the physician may suggest bone marrow surgical procedure, Endogenous EPO or such other procedures. If Hemorrhage is left unattended, it can result in several complications. Therefore, you should rush the patient to the physician urgently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Winter is the time when your immunity is low. The body's metabolism is also low as the body wants to conserve energy.
It's that one time when you feel lazy to hit the gym and want to reach out for comfort foods like pastries or salty foods.
Try to avoid refined flours and go for whole grains like wheat, bajra, nachni.
Avoid simple sugars in excess.
Include at least 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
Include a protein source in each meals like dal, pulses, dairy, nuts, eggs, lean meats etc.
Drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water per day.
Include healthy fats like ghee, nuts, dairy in your diet.
Include hot soups, kheer, kanjis, dal soup or pani etc in your diet.
Exercise at least 3 times a week.
Am 21 year old and I am married (one year). We are trying for a baby since one year. And no result. This month my period late for 2 days and it is very brown, and I found some clotted just like skin part, I do not know what exactly. Its just skin and I do not think it is clotted blood because I know how clotted blood look like. Its small and lengthy about 2 cm. I am just afraid. Please can you help me to find out. (My period cycle is 25 day gap.)
Everyone wants to work out but is unable to find time to put in the effort. Exercise, first thing in the day can fresh you up but late afternoon to early evening is the best time to exercise, because our body in general and our muscles and lungs in particular are working at their most optimal performance during this period.
Tips for better workout
Working out at any point in a day is much better than not exercising at all. This is why you should not feel anxious in rescheduling a work out to late evening while ensuring a completion of your daily responsibilities.
In order to provide the body adequate time to cool you should finish working out 3 hours before sleeping.
Body temperature increases after a good work out session and having a bath for only about 3-4 minutes after a session can lower your body temperature significantly.
Abrupt changes in temperature are not good for health therefore, do not jump into your car or head straight to the shower in case you are feeling hot after a workout. Cooling down slowly after the work out can be much more beneficial.
Though you can work out before bed, it would be much better if you do not use your own bedroom for the purpose of exercising.
If you are working out before bed, take a deep and long breath once you have finished. This can help you in sleeping properly. Meditation can also support the same phenomenon because it lowers the level of adrenaline in the body.