Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh Kumar DohhenYour feedback matters!
My father is 65 years old, he is thyroid cancer pationt and surjary in 2012. Next every 6 monts treet in radio iodine theropy. Is ok but still 1 month back pet scan report his cancer spred metastatic in lung & bone. 15 days back radiotion in bone. Next how please tell me.
I have bilateral axillary lymphadenitis since 3 years and it increase in size with age. Now its more discomfort for me while sleeping. It cause intense pain when axilla pressed against bed and pain increases during menses. Also I felt pain in may tail of breast both side. And also my LMP is not one. It fluctuates from the time of menarche. I think menstrual cycle is of 35 days. Now my question is should I operate to remove the swellings or continue medical treatment. Can it recur? Can it become malignant if I do not operate? Is there any complication if I ignored now?
Hello Doctor, My sister is 18 year old she has a left arm lymph node. I get her to 2-3 doctors and they tested blood and tissue cells as well before 2 years and result was normal. She felt pain sometimes in that lump. Please help me what should I do now? Is everything normal ot I need to worry.
I M 70YEARS OLD, OPERATED FOR CANCEROUS PROSTATE 2.5 YEARS AGO. RECENTLY 6 MOTH BACK HAD REPLACE BOTH MY KNEE JOINTS. I M INCREASING WEIGHT DAY BY DAY DUE TO CANCEROUS MEDICINES. ANY REMEDY? CAN I STOP TAKING TABBY & DERITRAN 7.5 DAILY DOSE?
I have got typhoid and there is enlargement of lymph nodes measuring 26*17 mm founded in right iliac fossa. Doctor recommended for tb test & ct scan. Is there anything to worry about?
I am 48 year old man. I have prostate problem .Igo to urine at least 20 time in 24 hours. However my urine flow normal. L have done ultrasound xray .l cannot take sound sleep at night. What should I do.
My girlfriend has a lump on breast, this was like a big 1 Rupee coin, this is ok? I heard many people have that, also I hard that this is symptoms of breast cancer . What to do.
Colorectal cancer, also known as colon cancer or bowel cancer; is the occurrence of cancer in the colon and the rectum region. Colorectal cancer may either be malignant or benign, the former spreads to other areas of the body whereas, the latter stays confined to its place. It is characterized by an abnormal growth of cells in the rectum or the colon.
The various surgical treatment options for colorectal cancer are:
1. Right colectomy: This procedure involves removal of the right part of the colon. A part of the small intestine, which is attached to the right side of the colon, known as ileum, is also removed.
2. Partial colectomy: In partial colectomy, only a portion of the colon that has been affected by cancer is removed. The remaining parts are fused together in a process called ‘Anastomosis’. This procedure does not cause much change in your bowel habits.
3. Total abdominal colectomy: In this procedure, the large intestine is removed from the body.
4. Abdominoperineal resection: Abdominoperineal resection involves removing the rectum, anus and the sigmoid colon (part of the intestine that leads to the rectum).
5. Total proctocolectomy: This is an extensive procedure wherein, both the colon and the rectum are removed. If the anus is weak or damaged, then it needs to be removed as well.
Apart from these procedures, there are other surgical procedures that complement the above procedures, they are:
1. Fecal diversion: This is a procedure where an opening is formed between the small intestine and the skin’s surface so that it facilitates the healing process.
2. K pouch: The K pouch also called continent ileostomy is a pouch, which is attached to the anus so that feces can be passed normally. The K pouch contains nipple valve that prevents leakage; it is emptied by inserting a catheter in the stoma.
3. Stomas: A stoma is an opening on the skin of the bowel. This is done when the normal route of bowel is disturbed after a surgery.