Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Fardidabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh KohliYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
B M Ravindranath
Dr. Umesh Kohli provides answers that are saved my life. Encouraging.many thanks
I am suffering from dry cough for the last. Two week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
What is the main cause of low blood pressure? Doctor told me that my pressure is little bit low. Last couple of days. My head is .dizzying. What to eat in low blood pressure n what to avoid? please suggest me.
Dr. I am a heart patient. Before two year I has been undergone angiography today I am fit but after operation I haven't check-up So I request to you kindly advice me my health precautions.
Hello, I am 25 years old. my question is I fell I have problem in my chest or I can say sometimes fell breath uncomfortness after running or workout but my all test like (pft, chest x-ray, blood report) was normal .so there is any possibility of having problem in my chest or it is associated with my mental thinking because I have no pain ,fever, and khansi .please please explain what it is?
Is there any chance to cure hypertension? As i am continuously taking medicine. If i stop taking then BP raise.
Today I did my sugar test and it reads 96 FBS. It it risky? And I have a bp of 150/99. Please suggest me what to do.
I am suffering from pain in my lower legs. Blood test shows less of vitamin D and excess of Uric acid and LDL cholesterol. Although I have started medicines yet I do not know exact reason of it. I am 70 year old retired person with 153 cm height and 90 kg wt.
My LDL cholesterol and Triglycerides are 170 and 216 respectively. I am a female and 63 years old. What should be done to bring it down to acceptable levels.
I'm fed up with life. Life is not worth living for me. I'm not living life but just passing it. I'm worthy of nothing. There is a lack of happiness lack of confidence lack of concentration. There is no hope no enlightenment no dream no aim in life. I'm very much disinterested, very much disheartened. I'm sailing in a boat without the sailor in the stormy sea. I'm just like the kite which strings are cutoff. I'm skipping my drugs for the high blood pressure. My blood pressure shoots up to 200/130 without any symptoms. I have cutoff myself from my inner and outer self. I'm unable to cope up with it. I Pass nights together without sleep. There is a complete break down. There is no way out. I'm very much depressed.
Please all doctors suggest What we can do Before 8 months my uncle have an accident they have got shock by electricity of high tension line 2 men died on spot but my uncle survived by luck by that time he was ok bt after 1 or 2 mon he was suffering from bp swelling bt as time passed his health went down an now after 8 months he need Daylasis 2 times a week bt his health is gone all now he is unable to sit no food no water till 2 days all the thigh bone muscle are gone completely Health down started from when dayalasis started he can not walk can not sit breathing problem .water started storing in stomach no way to out doctors use drip to take it out. "starting main problem is bp which may is gone up to max 240 sm time . Bt now it is 160 to 140 and still suffering to it B.P" We are hope less Suggest us to gain his health if possible Please all field doctors suggest suggestion We have consulted many doctors of many big cities in mp Please please suggest 1st shock high voltage 2nd BP 3rd health gone completely Help please.
I am 31 year male having discomfort in heart like pain sometimes and squeezing effect without pain. I took ecg, echo, treadmill test all three shows normal, some say it is anxiety, some say it is due to ulcer which is yet to be tested and get conformed (ulcer. Pls let me know a test that will find out the exact reason.
High Blood Pressure damages the body slowly but surely. It amplifies the risk of heart problems and even early death. The increased pressure of blood travelling through the arteries puts a strain on the arterial walls damaging the heart, brain and the kidneys. High B.P. can also cause effects like dizziness, inability to sleep properly or cramps in legs. Fortunately, you can avoid the risk of these life threatening complications by reducing your B.P. naturally without medication.
Here are 5 effective ways to do so –
1. Go for Soya: Replace some of the refined Carbohydrates in your diet with foods that are rich in soya such as tofu or you can sometimes use soya bean oil. Soya is rich in proteins and has high content of insoluble fibre and helps to lower systolic blood pressure.
2. Magic of Herbs: Herbs like basil, cinnamon, garlic, cardamom and celery are highly effective in bringing down Blood Pressure and work like magic. They can be added to food to enhance flavour or as supplements.
3. Calcium Packed Yoghurt: Intake of more than 800 mgs of calcium is known to reduce the risk of high blood pressure by nearly 23 percent in contrast to people consuming less than 400 mg. Low fat dairy products especially yoghurt are a great source of calcium and you can enjoy 2-3 helpings daily to lower your Blood Pressure.
4. Dark Magic: Dark Chocolate contains Polyphenols that protect against high BP and other heart and vascular diseases. You can enjoy natural unsweetened cocoa powder or unsweetened dark chocolate and have the pleasure of not only its wonderful taste but also get its blood pressure lowering benefits.
5. Limit your Fructose: Limiting the intake of salt is an important yet common advice for High Blood Pressure but limiting Fructose is equally crucial one. Fructose is a simple sugar found in most fruits and some vegetables. Fruits like mango, banana, apple, lychee etc., fruit juices, table sugar, corn syrup, honey, sugar alcohols are all high in fructose. When digested fructose breaks down into uric acid which elevates BP. So, if you wish to control your BP, you must reduce your intake of foods having high levels of Fructose.
In short, you have to avoid not only excessive salt but sugar too to keep away from hypertension!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 30 years old in my heart valves are problem. I am attend 2 times ballonsurgery. Till now same problem. Can I take ballon surgery or which surgery is best?
I have high blood pressure for the pass 15 yrs, I'm now 39, try very hard to have baby. I request the doc in polyclinic to switch my medicine to the type that suitable to have baby. But my pressure is always on the high side after the switch, the reading is always 150/110. I'm feeling very depress. What should I do? Please advise.
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is a dense, fatty substance that found in every cell of your body. It circulates throughout your bloodstream in little bundles called lipoproteins, interior of its is composed of fat, while proteins forms the exterior walls.
Types of cholesterol -
1) Low density lipoproteins (ldl) - its considered as a bad cholesterol form, it enables cholesterol to create plaque that build up and harden on the walls of blood vessels.
2) High density lipoproteins (hdl) - it is the good cholesterol, because it helps to reduce ldl levels. Hdl helps to transport ldl cholesterol to your liver, which removes it from the body.
3) Triglycerides - another form of fat in your blood that can raise your risk for heart disease.
4) Very low density lipoproteins (vldl) - it is a type of blood fat. It's considered one of the bad forms of cholesterol, because this can clog your arteries and lead to a heart attack.
Causes / risk factors -
* cigarette smoking.
* food that contains highly saturated fat and cholesterol can raise your blood cholesterol levels.
* hereditary / genetic factors.
* lack of exercise / low physical activity.
Normal values of cholesterol in adults -
* total serum cholesterol - 130 - 250 mg/dl
* ldl - 60 - 160 mg/dl
* hdl - 30 -70 mg/dl or
* serum triglycerides - 0 - 170 mg/dl
Prevention and treatment of high cholesterol -
Lifestyle changes -
* exercise - do 30 - 45 minutes a day of moderate cardio. It will help s to lose weight and boosts your hdl levels.
* diet - eat more fibers, eat healthy fats i. E. Nuts, olive oil, avocado all have fats that won't increase your ldl, limit cholesterol intake, i. E. Reduce high saturated fat foods like cheese, whole milk, red meats. Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, eat low salt diet.
* do practice relaxation and breathing exercises.
* garlic - it helps to reduce high cholesterol. In the morning take a small piece of garlic and crush it and take with glass of water. The garlic contains allicin which helps to lower high blood pressure and prevents blood clotting.
* drink 8 - 10 glasses of water, per day.
Homeopathy treatment for high cholesterol - the goal of homeopathy is to lower high cholesterol to desired levels to prevent heart diseases.
1) Allium Sativum - for lowering high cholesterol + made from garlic, s so it helps in eliminating the excess cholesterol from the body by raising vitality of the patient + increased appetite, craving for meat + suffers from acidity symptoms.
2) Calcarea Carbonica - reduces high cholesterol in fat or overweight persons + excessive craving for boiled eggs + sensitiveness to cold air and continuous perspiration on scalp + palpitations also be complained at night or after having meals.
3) Crataegus Oxyacantha - acts as a tonic for heart muscles that have become weakened due to reduced blood supply to heart + dissolve the cholesterol deposits in arteries + difficulty in breathing after even the slightest exertion.