Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Fear
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Submit a review for Dr. Tara MehtaYour feedback matters!
He's behavior change into arrogance when he conditioned to stress. Especially during any college functions. If anybody didn't agree what he is saying he becomes arrogant. Please help me!
I was treated for anxiety and panic disorder 5 years ago, after that I was ok but now it recurring from last two month, what should I do to control these attacks, is it have any permanent cure? I am 33.
I have JME (Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy) before falling asleep. I mean before I get into sleep I jerk. But the problem I have, suddenly I wake up with no breathing or can not breath like for 2 seconds. Could it be warning sign of sudep?
Hello doctors. My age is 30 unmarried men one day I met a person. Both of us travelling in same bus became frnds and exchanged phone no. S we met 2-3 times for casual talking while talking he supposed to touch here and there one day he touched my organ I thought its accidental touch but he supposed to touch regularly am also feeling good and I was also enjoying. And it turned to masturbate each other. I was shocked by seeing his penis with 7-8 inches fat healthy penis comparing with my penis it is 3-4 times huge. I was attracted and not able to forget him. But didnt have any type of sex with him only mastrubation. From last 6-7 months I realised it was wrong and am not talking with him now I changed my phone no. And aware of him. Now a days iam getting feeling to watch men's bulge is it homosex symptoms or comparing penis size am not understanding. I need counselling are treatment.
For me getting more pain in menses time. I will get legs pain and back pain and lightly stomach pain. I cant getup also at that time. I cant go to office too. Please suggest me the solution for it. Thank you.
What to do when we have to forget someone with whom we were attached alot and how can we improve our relationships for future.
Sir I am taking drugs. Chitta we can eat and opium (afeem) from regular 3 months. My dose not so heavy but its very difficult to move without taking it. If I will not take it I will not be able to move. Fever vomiting lose motions will occur if I do not take it. I am not happy my whole routine is ruined I sleep much. Without taking it could cause me weakness and if I move have a blackout. Like it would be lazy. please help me. I would be very grateful to you. please tell me the medication which would be easily available in market because its a small city thank uh.
Is it any mental disorder that I get angry quickly and start to scold shout and after some times I regret for my behaviour and started to crying lonely, I get tears after watching any kind of little emotional scene . Some people call me that I am getting mad and need counselling.Please tell.
Sìr, I regularly smoke 2 cigarettes,! Upto, and I have aa pimple scars and black spots on my face. So, does it causes to the spots and scars on face? And I want to quit aa cigar seriously How U suggest. For me.
How far the drug ;"Five Phos", can be useful for a patient undergoing treatment of Schizophrenia with allopathic medicine" Oleanz RT 20? And can it be combined together with Oleanz & its usage shall not add any side effects? Our family is a staunch believers of Homeopathy & from our very childhoods we took only Homeopathic drugs & are happy even today. Kindly revert with your valuable advice.
I'm a 24 year old male from India. I have been having extreme mood swings for the past four months now. I'm usually normal when i'm with friends, but when i'm alone, my mood gets ruined for no reason whatsoever. I get angry at very small issues. Even when i'm with people I constantly think that people don't like me. I feel like i'm being judged and that they will talk about me behind my back. Also I have been having a lot of breathing problems. I get breathless even if I climb a flight of stairs and fell my heart is going to pop out of my chest. Also, I sleep a lot. I wake up late. My exams are approaching and it's stressing me out. When I get angry, I start crying. I don't want to end my life. That's the last thing i'd want. I just really need to get out of it and since I haven't told my parents, I don't know what to do. For starters I just wanted to know the level of depression. Thank you.
Feeling tired all the time? Do you feel that you can’t focus on things anymore? Have you lost interest in things and people you once loved spending time with? Does your temper fly off the hook at the drop of a hat? If it is a ‘yes’ to the questions above, then you might be slowly but steadily succumbing to depression. Depression is a psychological disorder that is characterized by symptoms of extreme sadness, worthlessness and hopelessness over a prolonged period of time.
- Lack of Interest: This is probably the starkest of all the symptoms. Hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy once no longer catch your fancy. You do not find little or no pleasure in social activities or any other hobby of yours anymore.
- A constant Feeling of Hopelessness: You tend to develop a negative outlook towards life in general, as you feel that the current situation will never get better and will only worsen.
- Loss of Appetite: Loss of appetite is a common feature of depression; it can also lead to rapid weight loss. If engulfed by depression, one generally tends to ignore food completely, remain hungry, both of which contribute to the vicious cycle that depression is.
- Changes in Sleep Patterns: Insomnia is a condition that is marked by a sheer inability to sleep, no matter how physically exhausted one is. Depression tends to exhibit this particular symptom in maximum cases. However, oversleeping, or sleeping more than the sufficient hours is also common.
- Reckless Behavior: Depression makes one more prone to reckless behavior; one generally develops an angry and irritated persona; this in turn, may make one to exhibit reckless and rash behavior.
- Lack of Energy and Focus: Depression causes one to feel fatigued and sluggish the entire day. Factors such as a total loss of appetite contribute to this particular symptom. Stemming from these symptoms are two other major occurrences; an inability to focus on anything and an inability to decide on anything.
Self-help, Coping tips and Treatment-
- Connect with different people: Being isolated from the rest can and usually aggravates symptoms of depression. So, reach out to other people and your loved ones; talk to your loved ones and try to empty your mind when you are having a one-to-one with them. Interacting and talking to others will make you feel better and should go a long way in taking that huge rock off your chest.
- Try to ditch that sedentary lifestyle; go out in the open: An early morning jog can feel daunting at first but the benefits are immense. Exercising regularly has been proven to be as effective as anti-depressants in combatting depression. Even a 20 minutes jog early in the morning releases ‘endorphins’ in the body, also known as the ‘feel good hormones’. These hormones induce a feeling of happiness and relaxation, thus taking your mind off any particular event or circumstance that has been ruining your sanctity of late.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Avoid alcohol and drugs to come out of your sadness; they have never helped and will never help. Taking these substances provides a temporary solution to depression, as it will again show up once the effects of the intoxicants wear off. It will also interfere with other medications that you may be taking to combat depression, thus reducing their potency.
- It’s high time you bought the meditating mat: Sleep has a beneficial effect on your mental health as it has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive and brain functions. Another way to improve brain function and be more relaxed is to meditate regularly. Meditation induces a state of relaxation, and if done on a regular basis, can be an effective treatment for depression. Meditation also helps with an improved focus and reduced anxiety.
- Medications can always help: Medications such as anti-depressants are administered to treat depression. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), including citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline are the most commonly administered medications to cure this condition. However, it is advised to try the abovementioned methods first so that you do not have to depend on medications alone; the reason being that these medications do have their fair share of side effects.
While taking stress or confusion, my semen is discharged without any sexual stimulation. If excess of leakage of semen in this way, can lead to hormonal disturbance due to stress. This hormonal disturbance can cause diabetes?
Dr. I have a problem of thought broad casting I don't know it because of my bad immune system or what but im suffering it around last 2 years and it really so bad to feel it nd I don't know where it comes to me but the problem is what ever I said to my mind it already disclosed to every body nd it's really true sir I not mad sir nd im really bad suffer to do my job so please gave some suggestions to my favour.
I have pain over my occipital region whenever I lie supine (whenever I place my head over something, pain is more if its a hard one) for couple of minutes, having this condition for a year I guess but now I am unable to sleep (have to sleep on my stomach and keep tossing and turning). I'm fine when sitting or standing My doc has gone through my CT scan and didn't find anything. Pain and other condition here is almost the same as when I have bp over 180, needless to say the condition worsen when have raised bp (although my diastolic bp fluctuates btw 80-90 only even when systolic is quite high) What should I do to get rid of the condition.
Hello sir, I am suffering from body pains at last one week. Like back pain, legs pain, hands nees pain. Am soo sad of this pains. What can I do please tell me.
I am 44 years old male suffering from depression since last four year. Kindly advise to get rid of it.
An eating disorder, mostly appears when your food habits reach levels of extremity. Anorexia nervosa and Bulimia are two main and the most common eating disorders found in men and women. One is the lower extreme while the other is the higher extreme in terms of food intake.
1. Anorexia: People who are affected with anorexia think of themselves to be very overweight in spite of actually being very slim and thin. Anorexia inflicted people consume less than a thousand calories per day. They exercise rigorously and try to find more ways to lose weight. They vomit a lot due to the insufficient diet and suffer more. The treatment for anorexia nervosa generally includes a mix of mental treatment, and regulated weight gain program. An anorexia patient should seek treatment as early as possible. The best ways to deal with anorexia are:
Psychological Treatment: Various psychological treatments can be used to cure anorexia of different stages. They are cognitive analytic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, focal psychodynamic therapy. A family's response is also an important psychological factor. Proper encouragement and effort should be given.
Weight gain program: This measure will guide an anorexic patient to improve his diet habits and slowly gain weight. A patient is monitored carefully, traits are recognized and a likewise diet pattern is given.
2. Bulimia: Bulimia nervosa is another category of eating disorder. The main characteristic of this disorder is overeating in the highest level. Binge eating is observed, followed by attempts by the affected individual to lose weight. A bulimic patient is constantly trapped in the cycle of overeating and then thinking about losing weight.
Maybe you do not like the idea of binge eating and fear getting obese, but once affected by bulimia a patient cannot follow this and binge eats. Later, they adopt extreme measures for losing weight. The primary methods to deal with bulimia are:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy, or talk therapy includes examining your bulimia and related issues with an expert. It is proven that these sorts of psychotherapies restrict the symptoms of bulimia. The three modes of psychotherapy include- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, Family-based therapy and Interpersonal psychotherapy.
- Medications: Medicines such as anti-depressants can be taken by bulimia patients along with psychotherapy. Prozac is a recommended and effective medicine.
- Proper diet plan: For bulimia affected patients, having a proper balanced diet is very essential. A diet expert should be consulted, who will make the most essential food pattern for you. Undertaking a weight loss program is also recommended.
Eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia should be avoided, and you should know the best ways to deal with them.