Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swati MohanYour feedback matters!
I want fair, glowing, non oily and healthy skin. What should I do to get the desired skin tone and skin health. please help me please give me a well described solution.
I am 20 year old and having more hair fall now due to place change. Can I use filtered water for hair to stop hair loss caused due to hard water.
If hair fall is a problem that’s troubling you more with each passing day, then you should take it seriously before going bald. Needless to say, that your decreasing strands results in decreasing confidence and you spend your time horrified by the thought about what you should do to help the condition. Of all the methods that promise to bring back your lost tresses, the hair transplant surgery is the most effective one. It will not only cover up the bald patches, but aid in restoring a young and self-confident appearance.
Choosing the best option:
Patients who feel like undergoing the process of hair transplantation treatment come across the two common terms FUE and FUT while doing their research. The problem is that in most cases it becomes difficult to decide which one should one go for. When you are in this kind of dilemma, the best way to get the best advice is to consult a cosmetic surgeon who can determine the most suitable treatment option based on your clinical history, personal preferences and budget.
Understanding the difference:
There are two ways in which a cosmetic surgeon can remove the hair follicles from the donor areas of the scalp one is follicular unit transplantation, and the other is follicular unit extraction and are known as FUT and FUE respectively.
FUT – Follicular Unit Transplantation
In the follicular unit transplantation or FUT method, a thin strip of hair is removed from the region of the scalp with relatively high rate of hair growth. Then the hair follicle is harvested from the strip by a professional surgeon before they are individually transplanted to the areas with lesser hair growth.
FUE – Follicular Unit Extraction
On the other hand, in the case of follicular unit extraction or FUE, each single hair graft is removed from the donor area one by one with the aid of a punch tool. In this process, the hair follicle is removed randomly which results in unnoticeable changes in the donor areas. No matter whether you choose the FUT or FUE method, the process of transplanting the grafts remains the same.
FUE is highly recommended than FUT because it is a comparatively safer process that doesn’t require many professionals to carry out the task. Another reason is that many patients complain that FUT is not quite comfortable and there have also been instances of swelling and pain in the areas where the tissue was removed. Although this could be controlled and managed with the medication and other associated medical aid, one should talk to his doctor regarding which method should be chosen.
The primary difference between the hair transplant process and any other hair loss treatment is the permanence of the results. When you opt for this treatment, you will not only be able to flaunt your hair, but they will be so natural that no one would understand that you have undergone a hair transplantation process. Hence, with the modern treatments available, hair fall management has become more promising than ever.
I am having pimples on my cheeks and on my face. What are tips which you would recommend for me to get them off.
I'm 20 years old female. I have unwanted hair all over my body. Which treatment I should take? Homeopathy or laser.
Hair loss can be harrowing for both men and women, especially if it tends to be above normal for extended periods of time. Losing more hair than that can signify problems within the body such as hormonal changes, ageing, lifestyle-related issues etc.
Lifestyle change tips to avoid hair fall: Even before getting into Ayurvedic remedies to control the loss of hair, it is important to reduce the problems which may be contributing to the problem in the first place. Some of the things that you may be required to do are:
- Maintain or start of on a healthy diet and cut fatty, oily and processed foods from your diet.
- Start exercising to ensure that your body is in the best shape it possibly can be and thus everything within, is functioning optimally.
- Start doing yoga, breathing exercises and other meditative techniques to ensure that your stress levels are kept under control.
- Get head massages regularly as they improve blood circulation within the scalp
- Quit smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and inculcate good sleep habits which help prevent hair loss problems.
Controlling hair loss with Ayurvedic tips:
- Indian gooseberry or amla: A pack of amla, bramhi and henna powder can be made with curd and water. Apply it and keep it for a couple of hours and then wash it off. Amla juice mixed with lemon juice can be massaged on the scalp after the wash. This will make the follicles on your scalp stronger.
- Ritha: An age old solution to hair problems, Ritha is also known as soapberry as it contains naturally foamy and cleansing agents. Crush the Ritha seeds and keep them soaked in water overnight. Wash your hair with the mixture in the morning and continue for a month to see visible results.
- Aloe vera with cumin seeds: Mix about one-third cup of aloe vera juice with a little bit of cumin or Jeera powder. Use this mixture at least twice a day, for a few months to see results in the prevention of hair thinning.
- Bhringaraaj: One of the most effective Ayurvedic herbs used in many medicines, it can be taken internally to help the system repair the hair related problems, or applied externally as Bhringaraaj oil to encourage hair growth and stopping hair loss.
- Brahmi oil: Considered brain food in its herb form, Brahmi oil is known to be very good for hair-related ailments and is very effective at stopping hair loss and help new hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.