Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumita Khurana
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumita KhuranaYour feedback matters!
A person normally focuses on the disadvantages of having braces when he/she is required by the dentist to put braces. If you are also one of them, think again and read on about the importance and advantages of having braces for teeth:
- Correct the alignment! no one would prefer having disorganized teeth if one has a choice, he or she would try correcting them. For this reason, braces are essentially recommended by the dentists to correct the misaligned teeth. Dental flaws could be rectified most of the time completely or at times partially, depending upon the condition of the teeth in question. Though the braces may not look so great but these have a tendency of giving your face a whole makeover! braces for teeth could be put for 1 year to almost 3 years.
- Protruding jaw! the other importance or advantage of having braces is to correct protruding lower jaw line. Many people have and feel a bit wary about having a protruding jaw line. It is our unattractive braces that can come for a rescue for this problem in people. Helping to realign the jaw area braces can make your smiles brighter.
- Dental or oral hygiene! it is observed by the dentists and the orthodontists, that the braces not only help correct the jaw line and the dental flaws but also help in preventing tooth decay and likewise dental problems. The teeth which are crooked or are crowded are a bit tough to brush and floss. If the teeth are left crooked, it would result in decaying of the tooth and similar dental problems. Therefore, these
- Treating malocclusion or bites! the difference is sizes of the upper and the lower jaw is essentially termed as malocclusion. In a lay man's words, it is the bite problems that a person suffers from having a bigger upper jaw and smaller lower jaw and vice versa. This bite problem has grave risks involved in it which could develop into some severe gum disease eventually might let you lose your teeth or making it difficult for you to chew. Braces for teeth are an answer to this condition too! bite problems could be minimized to the fullest with the help of these braces. Braces help in keeping your oral cavity clean.
- Aging braces! if you require wearing braces for teeth, you could possibly wear them as per the instructions of the doctor. Some kids wear it as early, when they are just 6 years of age, some wear them when they reach 10 years of age, some other would go wearing them in their teens.
- Wearing braces makes you stand out from the crowd! make a fashion statement and wear colourful braces and smile the electric smile with your braces!
I am Dr. my 6 year old boy his cavity problem last six months he was eating chocolate daily What should I do for him.
I did scaling to my teeth 2-3 days back. At that time my teeth are white and shiny. At present unfortunately the yellow on my teeth is back. I'm afraid even though I was washing my mouth immediately after drinking and eating, early in the morning and going to bed every time I'm brushing regularly. Why yellowness is being back all the time. How to eradicate yellowness from my teeth. What are the necessary precautions to be followed.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can occur due to a multitude of reasons and is quite disconcerting. Chewing gum, using breath mints and mouthwash are just temporary solutions as they do not address the problem. Read on more to find all about the different causes, symptoms of bad breath and also about their prevention.
- Food: If food particles, which are stuck in and around your teeth start decaying, they promote bacterial growth, which causes a foul odor in the mouth. Eating certain foods, such as spices, onion and garlic also cause foul odor.
- Tobacco products: Smoking and chewing tobacco not only causes gum disease, but also causes a foul odor to be present, thus causing bad breath.
- Poor dental hygiene: If you do not brush daily, food particles in your mouth get stuck in your mouth between the teeth in particular, which decay and cause bad breath. A form of bacteria known as plaque forms over the teeth, which over time decays teeth and also causes foul breath.
- Dry mouth: A medical condition known as dry mouth, also known as xerostomia can contribute to bad breath as in this condition; the amount saliva produced from the salivary glands is reduced. This results in the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath.
- Medications: Some medications can cause foul breath in an indirect manner as they cause dry mouth as a side effect, which in turn causes bad breath. Other medications break down in your body and the chemicals, which the medicine contains can be carried on your breath.
Dentists would usually rate the odor from your mouth either by smelling or by using certain sophisticated odor detectors. The back of the tongue is often the source of smell and the dentist is also likely to scrape the region and rate its odor.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: If the bad breath is due to the formation of plaque, brushing and flossing on a regular basis will prevent its growth, thus reducing or eliminating bad breath. Using mouthwashes also kills bacteria, hence eliminating the bad breath causing bacteria from your mouth.
- Treatment of dental disease: Gum disease can also cause bad breath as in this disease, the gums pull away from the teeth, which gives scope for bacterial growth causing bad breath. Treating gum disease, thus would also eliminate the scope for bacterial growth and eliminate bad breath at the same time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.