Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SudhaYour feedback matters!
I and my girlfriend had protected sex on 2feb. But I rubbed her without protection for 5-10 sec. Following which she took an ipill under 24 hours and had her withdrawal bleeding on 8th Feb for 3 days. Now she has not got her periods. Did upt twice in last 7 days and both are negative. Please help.
Uric acid is a breakdown product of purines that are part of many foods we eat. An abnormality in handling uric acid and crystallization of these compounds in joints can cause attacks of painful arthritis, kidney stones, and blockage of the kidney filtering tubules with uric acid crystals, leading to kidney failure.
Gout has the unique distinction of being one of the most frequently recorded medical illnesses throughout history.
Gout results from abnormal deposits of uric acid crystals in the joint cartilage.
The crystals are later released into the joint fluid.
Gout was once incorrectly thought to be a disease of only the rich and famous, caused by consuming too much rich food and fine wine.
Although diet and excessive drinking contribute to gout, they are not the main cause of the condition.
We now know that heredity plays a role in the development of gout, and it's often associated with other medical problems like high blood pressure.
Not everyone with high levels of uric acid will develop gout.
The kidneys' ability to rid the body of uric acid is partly determined by heredity.
And just because someone in the family suffers from gout does not mean everyone in that family will have the disease.
This risk varies from person to person.
What Are the Symptoms of Gout?
- Sudden, intense joint pain, which often can wake a person from sleep
- Swollen joint that is warm to touch
- Red or purple skin around the joint.
The amount of uric acid in your blood can change depending on what you eat and drink, how hydrated or dehydrated you are, your overall health, how much alcohol you drink, and the medicines you are taking.
It can change in response to a sudden illness..
How Is Gout Treated?
There is no cure for gout, but it can be treated and controlled. Symptoms often are relieved within 24 hours after treatment has begun.
The type of treatment prescribed will depend on several factors, including the person's age, type of medications he or she is taking, overall health, medical history, and severity of gout attacks.
Gout attacks are mainly treated with anti-inflammatory drugs. These include:
* NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), such as ibuprofen or naproxen, are generally prescribed to treat sudden and severe gout attacks.
They usually reduce inflammation and pain within hours.
* Corticosteroids (also called steroids), may be prescribed for people who cannot take NSAIDs.
Steroids also work by decreasing inflammation.
Steroids can be injected into the affected joint or given as pills.
* Colchicine is often used to treat gout and usually begins working within a few hours of taking it. This drug is used less often due to concerns about its side effects.
Dr. Sanjay Kapoor(Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgeon)
For More Details
I am a 45 years old married male and have hypertension since last 9 years and I am taking tab co approval in the morning with breakfast daily. Its ibesartan with hydroclorothozide. I have a very good german bp checking machine at home and my bp remains at 130/ 85. But sometimes due to some stress as soon as it goes above 90 I get headache and spinning sensation in my head. If I forget to take tablet even for one day I sometimes face this, but if I am on a holiday and relaxed and forget to take the tab its fine. I do treadmill for 30 minutes almost 5 times in a week and do weights for 5 minutes. My weight is 79 kgs and my height is 5.6 feet. I have a medium body but have a tummy. My waist is 34. Am I taking the right tablet and dosage or I need to change. By night time I feel tired and go to sleep whenever on bed. I have lot of urge for sex too but sexual life is not good as wife is not interested much.
I am 27 yrs old. I have irregular period problem after my delivery. I fed my child upto 2 yrs. Now he have 2 and 3/4 yrs. What should I do?
Hello sir/mam. I am 25th years old unmarried female. I am suffered from pcod and crvo (centre retinal vein occlusion. I was taking treatment for pcod like ocps and metformin 850 mg. Now I stop all this because my eye problem. I have floaters in my right eye. I do regular exercise and taking balanced diet. There is two major problem with me. First it typical for me to reduce weight without metformin, second is that I do yoga and I like it very much but ophthalmologist advice me not to do some yoga poses like wheel pose. Can you please tell me which yoga I should not do. Can I do suryanamskar. My weight is 72 kg and height 5'4.
Hi, I am 29 years old and do not have a baby yet. 3 years back when I got married I had conceived and took mtp pill for abortion. But I am not able to conceive now. Please suggest me how can I conceive.
Mouth gargling with warm water with salt added to it is a very effective method especially in chilling winters to reduce tooth ache arising due to sensitive teeth. Though it relieves the pain, consult your dentist for permanent cure.
You go to the gym every day, lift heavy weights, but fail to notice gains. This means you have reached a plateau and your body has gotten used to the exercise you do.
Here are some tips to fire up your workout and make it more challenging:
- Circuit training: Circuit training is a type of workout that involves doing one exercise after another in a set time frame. There is no rest between the exercises and this increases the fat burning effect in the body. A typical workout consists of push ups, squats and sit ups.
- Diet: It is important that the food you are eating provides you with the necessary nutrients that allow your body to recover. Exercising takes a toll on your body; so eating a well balanced diet allows your body to recover from the stress of the workouts.
- Drink coffee: Drinking coffee before your workout increases your energy levels and enhances performance. It has also been reported that drinking coffee before a workout makes the workout more enjoyable.
- Exercise outside: Taking your workouts helps you in feeling more energetic and revitalized. It has also been reported that working out outdoors has a beneficial effect on your self-esteem. Exercising outdoors motivates you to work out regularly.
- Incorporate cardio: You should do cardiovascular exercises, which have a beneficial effect on fat burning. It improves blood circulation and raises your heart rate, thus strengthening your heart muscles. Incorporate high intensity interval training which has the maximum metabolic burn effect, which means you will keep the fat off your body.
- Add yoga: Add yoga to workouts as yoga contributes in making your body more flexible and supple. Yoga also calms the mind and improves your overall wellbeing. Start off with simple yogic poses such as the downward dog and the triangle pose.
- Switch it up: If you have been doing only strength training then switch to doing something new such as going for a jog or doing pilates. Switching from your regular routine helps in avoiding stagnation, thus increasing your gains.
Related Tip: "10 Benefits of Raw Green Papaya"