Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonal Gupta
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sonal GuptaYour feedback matters!
Knowing This Can Help You Prevent Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is the most common cancer to affect the female reproductive system. The exact cause of ovarian cancer is not yet known and the risk factors involved are numerous, the most prevalent of which are genetic defects and hereditary problems.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are not always clear and range from pelvic and abdominal pains to irregularities in the menstrual cycle. Women beyond the age of 50 are most at risk of developing this type of cancer and the risk factor increases in case of family history.
Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
There is no sure shot way of preventing ovarian cancer. Some factors such as genetics cannot be controlled at all. There are, however, ways to take precaution against it through some simple lifestyle choices. A few of those ways are as follows:
• Eat a healthy balanced diet which is rich in all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that the body requires for boosting and maintaining immunity.
• Exercise regularly and stay active. Maintaining fitness is an important aspect of preventing the onset of all sorts of diseases and disorders.
• Go for frequent health checkups and make regular consultations with your gynaecologist so as to ensure early detection of the problem.
Another notable way of avoiding ovarian cancer is taking birth control pills which are known to reduce the risk levels. However, studies have shown that there are other health risks associated with taking birth control pills and hence you should always consult a gynaecologist for a proper prescription.
Dinner is one meal that is the most treasured of all meals, especially because it is served after a hard day’s work and sweat. Hence, this particular meal of the day should not only be filling, but also nutritious. However, dinner can often turn out to be the unhealthiest of the three major meals in a day; given the fact that people are usually tired by the time they get served and thus, don’t pay much heed to what they are eating.
In some cases, it might happen because of being unaware of certain healthier alternatives and in others, simply because of their preference. Eating unhealthy, especially during dinner, is not a very good idea. If the food is laden with sugar and fats, it can add inches to your waistline. This is more prevalent during dinner as the metabolic rate slows down at night. Your best bet is to go for food items that are light and free from sugar.
Here are some foods that you can consider:
- Grilled chicken: Grilled chicken with a drizzle of olive oil is a dish that would enjoy a handsome rating on any foodie’s dinner list. It is light, contains proteins that will keep your muscles well fed and has little carbohydrates. You can add some chopped cucumbers and tomatoes to up the taste quotient.
- Plain chicken soup: This is an easy to prepare dish that is commonly consumed in the winter months for its therapeutic effects in fighting common cold. Like the previous dish, it is rich in protein and healthy fats. You can add some stock vegetables for a wholesome meal.
- Stir fried vegetables: This is another easy to prepare dish. Stir fried vegetables are one of the healthiest dishes you will ever come across. Simply cut some vegetables and toss them around in an oak for a few minutes, add some seasoning, such as mint leaves and sesame seeds. It is rich in Vitamins and antioxidants; also the fiber content of this dish helps you feel fuller faster.
- Poha: The quintessential Indian dish, poha or beaten rice pilaf is loaded with benefits. Poha is a complex carbohydrate, which means, the energy released from it will be slow and sustained. It is known for its high iron content and low calories. You can add vegetables and soya nuggets for taste.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Allergic Rhinitis or hay fever is a hypersensitive condition that causes irritation of the mucous membranes covering the nasal hole which leads to allergic reactions and symptoms. This aggravation happens when a person interacts with something that he or she is allergic to. This could be dust or smoke or any solid scent. This issue happens more regularly in the pre-winter and spring season as the dust particles are in the air during that season. However, here are a few homeopathic treatments with which one can cure this problem. You must ensure that these medicines are prescribed only by a doctor before you consume them:
- Allium Cepa: When there is watery release or discharge from the eyes alongside a runny nose, Allium Cepa is one of the best homeopathic medicines for Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever. The watery release from the nose is thin and harsh. In the meantime, the release from the eyes is a little thick. The eyes become red and are sensitive to light in such a condition.
- Arsenic Album: In situations where there is serious thirst and the patient feels really weak, Arsenic Album is one of the best Homeopathic medications for Allergic Rhinitis or Hay Fever. There might be anxiety and uneasiness with fever.
- Natrum Mur: In situations where there is a lot of sniffling and the symptoms begin with wheezing, Natrum Mur is very effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines for or allergic rhinitis. There is a lot of dryness of the mouth and the mucous membrane.
- Merc Sol: When the patient cannot endure warm or cold surroundings, Merc Sol is extremely effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines for allergic rhinitis or hay fever. There is a great amount of wheezing and watery release from the nose. This aggravates in clammy or wet climate. Increased sweating is another sign in order to take this medicine. There is a lot of salivation in the mouth.
- Arundo: At times when the symptoms start with extreme itching on the tongue as well as the nose, Arundo is especially suited to the case and is one of the best homeopathic prescriptions for allergic rhinitis or hay fever. There is a great deal of itching and tingling in the nose, the eyes and the top of the mouth. The feeling of smell gets to be distinctly lessened.
Homeopathy is best set to treat a wide range of hypersensitivities, allergies, infections and diseases. The purpose behind this is it does not attempt to treat the side effects of the hypersensitivities. Rather, it attempts to find the reason behind them and cure it from its roots. The main driver in sensitivities happens to be a hyperactivity of the immune system. This hyperactive immune system goes into an overdrive when it interacts with specific things and causes such allergic reactions.