Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sonal GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. M 20 year old. I have pcod and also ovarian cyst. From last 2 days m suffering from burning and irritation in my vagina. I feel as my bladder is full even after I urinate. And when the urine passes the burning sensation just triples. And today m passing urine after every 2 minutes. Also having lower abdominal pain. I had sex on 29th of August. Which was the day after my period got over on 28th. But sperms didn't enter inside me. Is it possibility of pregnancy? Wht should I do?
The body has multiple chemicals called hormones, which regulate many of its functions. Increased or decreased levels of these hormones affect various functions including metabolism, growth and sexual functions. Thyroxin produced by the thyroid (situated in the front of the neck) is one such hormone, which has a significant role to play in metabolism.
Graves’ disease is one of the main causes of hyperthyroidism, where there is excessive production of thyroid hormones. Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body reacts against its own tissues. It is very common in women than men, especially after 20 years of age. Family history also has a strong correlation in developing Graves’ disease. The high levels of thyroid hormone increase the rate of metabolism, thereby altering weight, mental energy levels, physical stamina, and also mood.
Thyroid hormone is related to metabolism and more amount of it lead to higher metabolism. This causes the following symptoms.
- Intolerance to heat
- Excessive sweating
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Inability sleep, as the mind is always excited
- Increased appetite (sometimes despite weight loss) due to higher metabolism
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Palpitations (rapid, loud heartbeat)
- Irregular heartbeats (tachyarrhythmia)
- Fine tremors of the extended arms
- Breast enlargement in men, known as gynecomastia
- Extreme moodiness, causing irritability and anger
- Inability to focus and concentrate
- General fatigue and shortness of breath with any exertion
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
In addition, the eye symptoms are quite diagnostic including:
- Protrusion of the eyes (exophthalmos), giving an impression that they are going to fall out
- Double vision
- Excessive tearing
- Increased irritation in the eyes
Diagnosis: The first symptom would be the presence of an enlarged thyroid gland (front of the neck above the collarbone), and the some of the above symptoms would be present.
In addition, tests to check for thyroid gland functioning including T3 and T4 levels would reveal increased amounts of hormone in the blood stream.
As a confirmatory test, the radioactive iodine uptake test also is done, which will indicate increased uptake by the thyroid gland. This indicates that the gland is functioning at an increased pace and requires additional iodine for the production of thyroid hormones.
Treatment: There are two approaches to it, one to control the symptoms and the other to control the thyroid gland per se.
- Beta blockers are very useful in controlling rapid heart rate and anxiety.
- Prednisone may be used to control eye irritation and swelling
- Antithyroid drugs are used to control the production of thyroid
- Radioactive iodine is given orally to control excessive thyroid production
- In severe cases, thyroid gland may be surgically removed partially or completely
Graves’ disease is not life-threatening and once symptoms are controlled, the patient’s quality of life improves drastically. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a endocrinologist.
There can be a number of reasons that lead to infertility in women. Endometriosis is one of them. It is a benign condition where the endometrium, which includes the tissues that form the lining inside the uterus, grows outside the uterus. Apart from infertility, it may also cause pelvic pain in women.
There are no such symptoms of endometriosis apart from pelvic pain and it cannot be detected without surgery. Thus, it is very difficult to diagnose this disease and state how common it is. However, research says that the prevalence of this disease in women in their reproductive age is between 3 to 10 per cent.
It is found that endometriosis sometimes leads to infertility. Here is how:
Abdominal Adhesions and Infertility
Normally, the endometriosis implants develop in the abdomen. Then the body surrounds them with connective tissues. The reason for doing so is isolating the implants, so that they cannot harm your body.
Now, sometimes these adhesions can create a blockage in the opening of the fallopian tube or may also pinch off the fallopian tube. This will result in obstruction in the fertilisation of egg and the sperm and thus fertilization will not take place; so there are no chances of conceiving. These obstructions when diagnosed can be treated with surgery.
Secretions from implants
Endometrium plays a vital role in conception where the tissues secrete a wide variety of hormones and nutrients. Now, the endometrial implant also functions in the same way and secretes those hormones. The difference is that it does not deposit them in the lumen of the womb, and it is released in the abdominal cavity. In these substances, there may be some hormones that are responsible for infertility.
Prostaglandins are other hormones that are secreted by the endometrium normally. It helps in a lot of body processes that include various stages of menstrual cycle and pregnancy.
This hormone is required for a lot of functions such as ovulation, sperm mobility, and regression of corpus luteum, immune interaction, menstrual cramps and contraction of the uterus at birth.
Just like the endometrium, the implants also secrete these hormones. And the problem that is caused by the implant secreted prostaglandin hormone is that they are released in the abdomen and not in the womb. Moreover, they are not secreted at the right time, thus sending a wrong message to the brain.
A woman with a few days of pregnancy may face a miscarriage because the ovary will get a signal to start the menstrual cycle, and the womb lining where the egg is implanted will be expelled.
If you too are fearing of getting this disease, it's better to visit your Gynecologist soon.
Hey how much time to get pregnant after stopping the oral contraceptive pills I already stopped 1 mnth back and now I am not pregnant yet.
I am a 34 years old and it was 3rd pregnancy to me, but issue is when I take sonography test doctors said ga (lmp) 12 weeks 4 days. Gravid uterus shows single fetus. Fetal heart rate is 145 beats / min. Average fetal maturity is about 11 weeks 2 daya by crl about 4.73 cm. Fetal head is in persistently dorsiflexed position with short neck. Nt is 4.8 mm. Sluggish fetal movements seen. Please doctors just help me and there is any problem to child because of 4.8mm seen in just 11 weeks. Please help me?
I wanna reduce my weight wat should I do to reduce it after having a healthy food as I'm breastfeeding my 4 months old baby. Increased weight of my body is giving me too much of pains after sitting long time I get leg n back pain n after waking up in mor my feet pains so much tat I can't stand for half n hr.
I had my last period on Feb 18th and sex on 4th of march. I took Postpone 72 pill on 6th of march. Will this pill work?
I am 51 years old, and also got removed uterus at the age of 34 years. There is no mensuration periods since then, pl. Tell me why I am getting fatty for the last one year, as my belly has flattened / increase. Is it the effect of not working of menusaration periods?
I have hypothyroid 35 years of age. Want to go for a child. Will this problem of mine effect my unborn child. Have been on eltroxin since last 10 years. I already have a healthy boy aged 13 years. Thyroid problem started after my son was born. and the levels keep fluctuating. What do you suggest can I go ahead with conception yes or not.
Being an agriculture based country, India awaits the arrival of the monsoons. The monsoon rains are the most beneficial source of water for the crops in India. But with the advent of the monsoons, a variety of diseases also approach the country. Diseases like malaria and typhoid are very common during the monsoons. These diseases make you terribly weak when afflicted with them.
Given below are a few of the monsoon diseases and how Ayurveda will help you combat with them:
- Cholera: The presence of the bacteria V.Cholerae causes you to suffer from cholera. Lemon renders the bacteria inoperative and cucumber helps to ease the symptoms of cholera. Liquefied onion with mint and vinegar is extremely essential to recover from cholera.
- Typhoid: Ambarbaris is composed of citric and malice acids which help in treating the fevers caused while suffering from typhoid. It also controls the occurrence of diarrhea. Apart from ambarbaris, neem also helps to treat the typhoid inflicted fevers.
- Dysentery: The most basic treatment available for dysentery is the bark of kurchi or kantaja. In case you are suffering from constipation, isabgol will be extremely helpful in that case. For chronic dysentery, a preparation made of mercury and sulphur, called 'rasa parpati' might be advised.
- Hepatitis A: Hepatitis A is a water and food borne disease, which is very common during the monsoons. One of the symptoms of Hepatitis A is jaundice. Ambarbaris is very efficient in curing jaundice. Kanphool or dandelion is very powerful in curing Hepatitis A along with other liver conditions. Kasni improves bile secretion in the liver. Hence it is useful while recovering from Hepatitis A.
- Malaria: Malaria is a disease which is borne by mosquitoes. It is another common monsoon disease. Afsanthin is an Ayurvedic component which helps to diminish the effects of the fevers caused due to malaria. Amla, which has a high quantity of Vitamin C, helps to restore the lost Vitamin C content in the body. Neem can also be used to recover from malaria. Shikakai is another Ayurvedic remedy that helps curtail the fever caused by malaria.
Hello sir/ mam, actually am facing periods problem. I am having hypo thyroid and pcod problem as well. Please suggest med wat to do in this condition. I got my last period on 2nd may and I had bleeding fr only one day still am feeling the same stomach and back pain.
With the rampant surge of natural wellness mantras and heightened worldwide obsession with coconut oil, oil pulling is now trending like never before. Social media confessions by famous celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Miranda Kerr, Shailene Woodley, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen swear by the benefits of oil pulling from whiter teeth to healthier gums.
What is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy involving the act of swishing oil (usually organic Cold Pressed Sesame, Sunflower or Coconut) in the mouth for up to 20 minutes in empty stomach to remove oil soluble toxins from the body. Oil pulling is definitely an inexpensive and safe practice with a plethora of anecdotal support including help with skin conditions, arthritis, asthma, headaches, hormone imbalances, infections, liver problems and more. It is suitable for every age group including pregnant and nursing women. Children old enough to spit can safely try oil pulling.
Step by step Guide
Put 1-2 teaspoons of oil into the mouth. The oil traditionally used in oil pulling is organic sesame, coconut or sunflower oil. It is also possible to do oil pulling with pre-made coconut oil chews. Oil pulling is best done in the morning, before eating or drinking anything, though it can be done before meals if needed.
Swish for 20 minutes. Apparently the timing is key, according to Dr. Bruce Fife, author of Oil Pulling Therapy, as this is long enough to break through plaque and bacteria but not long enough that the body starts re-absorbing the toxins and bacteria. The oil will get thicker and milky as it mixed with saliva during this time and it should be creamy-white when spit out. It will also double in volume during this time due to saliva. At first, it can be difficult to make it the full 20 minutes. Feel free to spit it out and start again but stick to the total desired duration.
Spit oil into the trash can/supplement container. Do not spit in sink, toilet or shower area as the oil may thicken and clog pipes. Do not swallow the oil as it is presumably full of bacteria, toxins, dead skin and/or pus.
Rinse well with warm water. Warm saline water seems to clean the mouth better to remove any remaining oil out of the mouth followed by regular brushing.
Oil pulling is known for its ability to eradicate bad breath and reduce plaque in the mouth because of its ability to help wipe out harmful bacteria like streptococcus mutans. Lauric acid present in coconut oil specifically works against this bacteria.
It reduces tooth decay by reducing the microbial count. Some reports even claim that it aids in remineralizing of teeth but lack sufficient evidence. Teeth sensitivity is reduced if oil pulling is done on a regular basis.
The oil possesses natural antibiotic and antiviral properties that brighten and cleans teeth, enhancing your smile with whiter teeth. Do not expect a drastic change in tooth color as achieved with professional whitening systems.
Possible holistic treatment for TMJ and general soreness of jaw by providing temporary relief from symptoms.
It is very effective in treating acute gingivitis by reducing swelling and bleeding from gums.
Oil pulling ritual results in super smooth and clean teeth, moistens lip and cheek and soothes dry throat.
It has an overall effect of strengthening teeth, gums and jaw.
1. Boosts Immune System: Oil pulling generates antioxidants which damage the cell wall of microorganisms and kill them thereby removing the noxious culprits without stressing our immune system. We eventually feel more energetic with better clarity of mind.
2. Detoxes and Purify Body: Oil pulling activates salivary enzymes which absorb chemical, bacterial and environmental toxins from the blood and remove them from the body through the tongue. It is claimed to improve longevity of human beings.
3. Maintains Hormonal Balance: Without having to compete with foreign substances, hormonal balance is intact and they function to the best of their ability.
4. Reduces Headache: When the body is under toxic stress, headaches and migraines are a common byproduct which can be avoided by eliminating harmful micro-organisms from the body via oil pulling. It also helps in reducing hangover after alcohol consumption.
5. Clean and Clear Skin: Oil pulling drastically reduces rashes, acne and other skin problems by removing toxins from the body that would otherwise enter into the bloodstream. It aids in reduction of eczema.
When you start oil pulling, it will be extremely difficult to pull the oil against your teeth for even few minutes. It is common to feel nauseatic or even have stomach upset for the initial few days. It is natural to build it up over time with practice and experience some of the positive effects immediately, or over a period of time. Oil pulling can be safely used as an adjunct to daily oral hygiene habits to improve overall health of the mouth/body and is definitely not a substitute for regular brushing/flossing.
Do let us know about your own experience!