Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Silvi Gaba Chugh
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Silvi Gaba ChughYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my girlfriend and it seems she is pregnant. How can be this pregnancy avoided. Without any hard procedure. Can it be avoided with pills only. Please sir give me advice.
Monsoon is the season that brings happiness to our life as it makes the environment cool after the hot and scorching sun rays during the summer. But, even after having the cool splash of monsoon rain, there are some flaws and negative effects from which you need to protect yourself. There are certain health risks that are brought by monsoon from which people needs to be really careful. If you have kids and elderly people at home, they will be really susceptible and are affected with the health conditions like allergies, cough, cold etc. Even when you are having your diet, it will be really important to be cautious about meal and choose the adequate type of meal that won’t make you sick.
The first water droplets of the monsoon make us relieved and joyous. This season can be a remedy of rashes we got due to prickly heat during the summer. But, we too need to be really careful during monsoon with regards to the food we intake and the activities we perform. There are certain health risks we can suffer due to monsoon. Especially kids are very susceptible during monsoon. This is the season where waterborne bacteria can attack us and we can get reduction in our immunity level. Normally people suffer from indigestion, allergies and several types of infections. Let us find out some tips that will keep us healthy during monsoon.
Be healthy throughout the monsoon season in India needs particular care to be taken. The rainfall and water lying around makes it very simple for mosquitoes to type and rises the risk of mosquito conveyed infections, such as malaria and dengue high temperature with fever. Viral infections are also spread easily during the monsoon season.
Tips stay healthy in monsoon season
- If desired to eat road side food, the rainy season isn’t the time to indulge. water and raw vegetables is are not hygienic during the monsoon.
- Use a powerful insect repellent to hold mosquitoes away and prevent getting bitten. It’s furthermore good concept to take anti-malarial drug during this monsoon.
- Where likely, try to avoid walking through rainy water. It can lead to numerous fungal diseases of the feet and heels.
- Keep the items like Umbrella, rain coat etc when you are going out.
- Take moderately hot food and drinks in this monsoon.
- Keep away the children to play in the rain and rainy water.
- Also avoid walking where water is lying on the street, as traffic will propel by and spray it all over you.
- Dry your feet when they get wet.
- Avoid colds and coughs by keeping your body moderately hot and dry.
- Don’t go in air conditioned rooms with wet hair and damp apparels.
- If you suffer from asthma or diabetes, avoid residing any place with wet walls. It encourages the development of fungus and can be especially hurtful.
- Drink many of heating herbal teas, particularly those with antibacterial properties.
Choice of diet during monsoon
During the monsoon season, it is advised not to consume fast food and the snacks from the roadside stalls. This can give rise to stomach infection. Most of the time people suffer from the problem of indigestion during the monsoon season as the airborne bacteria are very well active in the environment and can easily get inside your body with the food you eat. Since during the monsoon season, humidity is really high in the environment, the ability of body to digest comes down. It will be better for people to avoid the oily food which are prepared in street. Only the healthy food prepared at home must be considered.
It is really essential for you to consume adequate fruits during the monsoon season as this helps you restore energy. But there is also choice of fruits as well. Go for the items like pears, mangoes, apples and pomegranate. Even there are some fruits that helps bringing out pimples on your face. On order to remove pimples from your face, you need to avoid the fruits like muskmelon and water melon. Even consuming excessive mangoes can give rise to pimples.
2. Dry food
It is better not to go for the watery food during the monsoons such as juices available outside, lassi ad other watery fruits. Instead go for the dry category of food such as pea, flour, corn etc. As consumption of too much watery food during monsoon can give rise to swelling in your body. So, it’s better to avoid.
3. Increase your immunity
One of the major problems suffered by people during the monsoon season is reduction of immunity level in body. Today, there are ways in which you can easily increase your immunity level through home remedies. Whenever you are preparing soup, add a clove of garlic at the beginning ones the oil is hot. This will increase immunity level of an individual during monsoon.
Since water borne diseases are quite common during the monsoon season, try not to drink water that is not purified. Even after filtration, it is better to drink the boiled water as this will kill all germs and bacteria that have formed in water.
5. Stay away from high blood pressure
If you have a problem of high blood pressure, it will be better to consume very little salt in meal or else this will give a boost to the problem of high blood pressure. Thus, it is important to avoid those food items that have good amount of salt.
6. Bitter vegetables
You should definitely have a dish of bitter vegetables in your meal such as neem, bitter gourd etc to avoid skin infections and allergies. If you don’t like to consume it in a boiled form, make a fried form to add taste in your tongue. This is a wonderful remedy to stay away from all types of skin infections.
7. Stay away from stagnation
During the monsoons, stagnant water will be very well available at your home and outside. It is really important to avoid stagnant water as this will give rise to diseases like malaria and dengue. You should always throw away the water inside the unused tank, flower pots as well as water coolers. Since stagnant water is a place where the mosquito can breed, avoiding such stagnant water will be an important consideration when you are living in monsoons. Also don’t forget to place mosquito net or a repellent when you are asleep at night.
8. Medium low salt food
During monsoons when you are preparing meal for your family, it will be important for you to include low salt. During the monsoons people can get high blood pressure level due to salty food. Water retention is again another problem which can be checked with the help of low salt food.
9. Prefer dry fruit
Not all foods are good for all seasons. For example the watery fruits and juices are good during summer as we get dehydrated. But, during monsoons this can be a reason for trouble. The food such as watermelon, lassi, rice etc can create swelling in your body during monsoons. It is better consuming the food that is dry in nature.
10. Other forms of milk
During monsoons it is better to avoid milk. Rather, it will be good to consume other forms of milk in condense form such as yogurt, curd, sweet etc. If you want to drink milk, it is better to boil it in 100 degree Celsius and then drink it. This will help you stay away from the harmful germs that are likely to attack your body.
11. Avoid spicy food
During monsoon since the weather is not too hot or too cold, you will be inclined towards the spicy foods. But this will be absolutely a wrong step for you. You must avoid having spicy food during the monsoon season. It can lead to skin allergies and irritation.
I m 22years old trying for kids since 10 months but I m not fertilization what I should do. My periods are regular, after marriage my vagina is itching at13 day after period.
My wife is 6 weeks pregnant. Some ANMs from the primary health Centre visited our house and gave her a tetanus shot this week. Is it safe to have a tetanus shot in the first 6 weeks of pregnancy? If it is not then how can it affect the unborn baby?
Natural Ways to Increase Your Testotorone
1. Lose Weight If you're overweight, shedding the excess pounds may increase your testosterone level. Overweight men are more likely to have low testosterone levels to begin with. If you are serious about losing weight, you have got to strictly limit the amount of processed sugar in your diet, as evidence is mounting that excess sugar, and fructose in particular, is the primary driving factor in the obesity epidemic. So cutting soda from your diet is essential, as is limiting fructose found in processed foods, fruit juice, excessive fruit and so-called "healthy" sweeteners. Ideally you should keep your total fructose consumption below 25 grams per day and this includes fruits. This is especially true if you have insulin resistance and are overweight, have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol.In addition to eliminating or severely limiting fructose, it will be vital to eliminate all grains and milk in your diet. Milk has a sugar called lactose, which has been shown to increase insulin resistance so it will be wise to avoid it if you are seeking to lose weight.Refined carbohydrates like breakfast cereals, bagels, waffles, pretzels, and most other processed foods also quickly break down to sugar, increase your insulin levels, and cause insulin resistance, which is the number one underlying factor of nearly every chronic disease and condition known to man, including weight gain.As you cut these dietary troublemakers from your meals, you need to replace them with healthy substitutes like vegetables and healthy fats. Your body prefers the carbohydrates in micronutrient-dense vegetables rather than grains and sugars because it slows the conversion to simple sugars like glucose, and decreases your insulin level. When you cut grains and sugar from your meals, you typically will need to radically increase the amount of vegetables you eat, as well as make sure you are also consuming protein and healthy fats regularly.The foods you choose to eat will be the driving force behind successfully achieving your weight loss goals -- high-intensity, short-burst-type exercises, two to three times per week, combined with a comprehensive fitness plan, is important too, and has an additional benefit as well
2. Both intermittent fasting and short intense exercise have been shown to boost testosterone.Short intense exercise has a proven positive effect on increasing testosterone levels and preventing its decline. Intermittent fasting boosts testosterone by increasing the expression of satiety hormones including insulin, leptin, adiponectin, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), colecystokinin (CKK) and melanocortins, all of which are known to potentiate healthy testosterone actions, increase libido and prevent age-related testosterone decline.Having a whey protein meal after exercise can further enhance the satiety/testosterone-boosting.
.3. Consume Plenty of Zinc the mineral zinc is important for testosterone production, and supplementing your diet for as little as six weeks has been shown to cause a marked improvement in testosterone among men with low levels. Likewise, research has shown that restricting dietary sources of zinc leads to a significant decrease in testosterone, while zinc supplementation increases itmand even protects men from exercised-induced reductions in testosterone levels. It's estimated that up to 45 percent of adults over the age of 60 may have lower than recommended zinc intakes. Your diet is the best source of zinc; along with protein-rich foods like meats and fish, other good dietary sources of zinc include raw milk, raw cheese, beans, and yogurt or kefir made from raw milk. It can be difficult to obtain enough dietary zinc if you're a vegetarian, and also for meat-eaters as well, largely because of conventional farming methods that rely heavily on chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Taking too much zinc can interfere with your body's ability to absorb other minerals, especially copper, and may cause nausea as a side effect.
4. Strength TrainingIn addition to Peak Fitness, strength training is also known to boost testosterone levels, provided you are doing so intensely enough. When strength training to boost testosterone, you'll want to increase the weight and lower your number of reps, and then focus on exercises that work a large number of muscles, such as dead lifts or squats.
5. Optimize Your Vitamin D LevelsVitamin D, a steroid hormone, is essential for the healthy development of the nucleus of the sperm cell, and helps maintain semen quality and sperm count. Vitamin D also increases levels of testosterone, which may boost libido. In one study, overweight men who were given vitamin D supplements had a significant increase in testosterone levels after one year.
6.D deficiency is currently at epidemic proportions in the United States and many other regions around the world, largely because people do not spend enough time in the sun to facilitate this important process of vitamin D production.So the first step to ensuring you are receiving all the benefits of vitamin D is to find out what your levels are using, more recently the optimal vitamin D level has been raised to 50-70 ng/ml.To get your levels into the healthy range, sun exposure is the BEST way to optimize your vitamin D levels; exposing a large amount of your skin until it turns the lightest shade of pink, at dusk or dawn is typically necessary to achieve adequate vitamin D. As a last resort, a vitamin D3 supplement can be taken orally, but research suggests the average adult needs to take 8,000 IU's of vitamin D per day in order to elevate their levels above 40 ng/ml, which is the absolute minimum for disease prevention.
6. Reduce StressWhen you're under a lot of stress, your body releases high levels of the stress hormone cortisol. This hormone actually blocks the effects of testosterone, presumably because, from a biological standpoint, testosterone-associated behaviors (mating, competing, aggression) may have lowered your chances of survival in an emergency (hence, the "fight or flight" response is dominant, courtesy of cortisol).In the modern world, chronic stress, and subsequently elevated levels of cortisol, could mean that testosterone's effects are blocked in the long term, which is what you want to avoid.My favorite overall tool to manage stress i It's a handy, Other common stress-reduction tools with a high success rate include prayer, meditation, laughter and yoga, for example. Learning relaxation skills, such as deep breathing and positive visualization, which is the "language" of the subconscious.When you create a visual image of how you'd like to feel, your subconscious will understand and begin to help you by making the needed biochemical and neurological changes.
7. Limit or Eliminate Sugar from Your DietTestosterone levels decrease after you eat sugar, which is likely because the sugar leads to a high insulin level, another factor leading to low testosterone. Based on estimates, an average person consumes 12 teaspoons of sugar a day, which equates to about TWO TONS of sugar during a lifetime.Why we eat this much sugar is not difficult to understand -- it tastes good, and it gives us pleasure by triggering an innate process in your brain via dopamine and opioid signals. most people stand to reap major improvements in their health by cutting back on, or eliminating, sugar altogether from their diets. Remember foods that contain added sugar and fructose, as well as grains like bread and pasta, should all be limited.If you're struggling with sugar addiction and having trouble dealing with cravings, try psychotherapy.
8. Eat Healthy FatsBy healthy, this means not only mon- and polyunsaturated fats, like that found in avocadoes and nuts, but also saturated, as these are essential for building testosterone.
9.The ideal diet includes somewhere between 50-70 percent fat.It's important to understand that your body requires saturated fats from animal and vegetable sources (such as meat, dairy, certain oils, and tropical plants like coconut) for optimal functioning, and if you neglect this important food group in favor of sugar, grains and other starchy carbs, your health and weight are almost guaranteed to suffer.
I am 25 years old. We are planning for a baby. Last period I got on 7th jan, so we had intercourse continuously for 4 days 20, 21, 22, 23. On 25th there was a mild pain in my lower abdomen, which continued on 26th as well. It felt as muscles in my lower abdomen are stretching. Then next day it disappeared. Then on 28th I had mild back pain. Suddenly my heart starts beating fast and then back to normal in few minutes. On 31st jan when we had intercourse I spotted a little blood. Wanted to ask are these symptoms of pregnancy? Should I consult a doctor.
Hi. After taking unwanted 72 tablet I got periods last month on 26th every month I get 25th bcz of that pill I got on 26th. Now this month I did not got periods today is 28th. And my periods will b on 26th. Before 10 days back I checked preg test card which was negative. Now im worried. Ther is any chances of pregnancy. Are how many days should I wait. And she is feeling like periods will happen. But no why. And please say as soon as possible Drs.
hello, My girlfriend Vagina and boobs are very loose which cream she use for tight her vagina and boobs . Thanks Rakesh.
For pregnancy one time sex is satisfy before period or several time sex before period date of period is 29 january which date is comfortable for unwanted pregnancy and if pregnancy is happen ill give ipill for unwanted pregnancy after 29 because I had a sex in 22nd january.
I am 18 year old and I was suffering from PCOS but I have taken proper medical advice but its not cured may be a continuous white vaginal discharge is there. Is it normal?
I have doxycycline for 14 days for gonorrhea .1 month before. But I think. It was not cure yet. Should I take cefixime 400 mg for gonorrhea.
Hi Sir, Im 23 yrs. I got intimate with my fiance on 21 may (no penetration just rubbing genitals n fingering). After 6 days I got my periods on 27 may. On 8 June I did urine pregnancy test thrice all were negative. Could I be pregnant? What are chances of missing my next periods (of june) since the timespan between the act and periods was just 6 days? Please help sir.
I am in pregnancy 27 weeks. anomaly scan, double marker, 3d scan are done and perfect. Tetanus vaccine done. Any test/vaccine during 24 to 28 weeks duration?
Now am in 37 weeks of pregnancy. Today mrng went to bathroom I did not control urine. When I was standing urine is passed. My doubt is. I don't know that is urine or water break. Cn you tel me.
The term infertility in females explains a wide range of disorders but in order to simplify things, lets’ just say, infertility in women is a condition in which women are unable to conceive. There are numerous reasons that can be responsible for this situation and although some are preventable or curable, most others have no specific cure or treatment.
One of the most common reasons for infertility is an ovulatory disorder. Almost 30 percent of female infertility is caused due to this reason. 70 percent of such infertility is treatable with drugs such as Reprones/Menogan and Clomiphene. Here is a list of causes of failed ovulation-
Disruption in the complex hormonal balance.
Ovaries fail to produce mature eggs. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the most common disorder causing this problem. This syndrome has reduced FSH production and increased production of LH, Oestrogen and Testosterone. Suppressed FSH production may cause the partial development of ovarian follicles.
Hypothalamus may malfunction thereby causing the pituitary to malfunction, thus losing control over the process or FSH and LH production.
Physical damage to the ovaries by multiple surgeries or due to the formation of cysts.
A rare case of premature menopause.
Problems of the follicle.
Poor functioning of fallopian tubes
Diseases or disorders in the tube have been another major reason of infertility in women. Almost 25 percent of women infertility occurs due to this reason. Although treatments exist, success rates of the treatments are as high as 30 percent. The causes of tube damage may be as follows-
Infection caused by bacteria or viruses
Abdominal diseases like colitis and appendicitis
Previous pelvic or abdominal surgeries.
A condition called ectopic pregnancy which occurs in the tube, and even if very carefully but successfully overcome, may leave permanent damage.
Rare congenital defects in which women may be born with tube anomalies.
This is the condition where the endometrium expands excessively thereby preventing individuals from getting pregnant. This affects almost 10 percent of the population of infertile women. Almost 40 percent of women with endometriosis are infertile.
Other additional factors may include:
Behavioural factors like personal habits, lifestyle and health factors.
Exercise and diet- extremely overweight or underweight women may have problems in conceiving.
Cigarette smoking reduces the chances of conceiving by one-third.
Alcohol increases the chances of birth defects.
Hence, pregnancy is tougher than it might really seem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Technology is opening doors to innovation in patient care and rehabilitation, ranging from robotics to social media and beyond.
Patients who have suffered trauma, strokes, spinal cord injuries, hip fractures or neurological disorders, the key to a quicker recovery lies in technology and skilled physical therapists,
The new technique, details of which are reported in the journal of neurotrauma, is believed to represent the first time patients have regained voluntary leg movement without the need for invasive treatments such as surgery.
Instead, scientists utilized electrical stimulation therapy and physical rehabilitation exercises to treat patients.
"the potential to offer a life-changing therapy to patients without requiring surgery would be a major advance; it could greatly expand the number of individuals who might benefit from spinal stimulation"
Stimulation was elicited by a device called an epidural stimulator, which needed to be surgically implanted into the patient's spinal cord.
An ongoing computer science PHD with the school of computing and information engineering at the university of ulster, Coleraine, investigating how the principles of computer & video game design can be effectively applied to upper-limb stroke rehabilitation.
Rehabilitating finer movements such as reach, grasp, manipulation and release of objects. The advantage of using this technology is that real objects of different shape, size and weight can be used, with the potential of rehabilitating meaningful and transferable skills. The games work with a standard PC and webcam and so are very low-cost and potentially suitable for home use. The games are currently in early stages.