Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Psychologists online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Saniya Bhutani
Submit a review for Ms. Saniya BhutaniYour feedback matters!
My 20 year old brother couldnt overcome the problem which is troubling him around 3-4 year he has sent to hostel in pune for study 4 year back right from there he started hating everyone in family now he is living with mother at own house but could not forget those homliness time of hostel and present getting angry at simple things, threatening to suicide please help.
The mind or the brain is the master computer, the site of our consciousness, thoughts and memories. We often tend to think of our mind as a separate entity, but the mind and the body are linked and just like our body, the mind too is susceptible to illnesses. The idea of mental illness makes us feel vulnerable and helpless and we dismiss the possibility of mental illness as something that “will not happen to me” or “is in my control”. But like all other illnesses, mental disorders too, are ultimately not in our control. More importantly, they are readily treatable with medications and therapy.
Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions/disorders that affect our mood, thinking and behavior. They include depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, eating disorders, alcohol/drugs abuse and many others. All of us feel sad, anxious, stressed and have occasional sleepless nights. So when does a mental health concern become a problem? When the signs and symptoms persist and affect our regular day-to-day activities, it’s probably time to seek help.
Awareness is the first step to treatment. Learning about the signs and symptoms will allow you to seek help early and get back to a healthy and happy life.
If several of the following symptoms are recurring, it is advisable to consult a mental health professional.
1. Withdrawal: Recent social withdrawal and lack of interest in others are a common sign that you may have a problem in hand.
2. Drop in functioning: There is a sudden unusual drop in functioning at school, work or other social activities such as withdrawing from sports, failing in school or difficulty in performing ordinary tasks.
3. The problem with thinking: You face complications with concentration, memory or rational thoughts and speech that are hard to explain.
4. Increased sensitivity: There is a heightened sensitivity to sights, sounds, smells or physical contact and a tendency to avoid stimulating situations.
5. Apathy: There is a loss of desire or initiative to participate in any social activity.
6. Feeling disconnected: You experience a vague feeling of detachment from yourself or your surrounding and a sense of unreality encircles you (paranoia or hallucinations).
7. Illogical thinking: You have an exaggerated belief about your personal powers to understand meanings or influence events. You suffer from irrational or magical thinking, typical of childhood in an adult.
8. Nervousness: You have a feeling of fear, you are skeptical of others or have a strong nervous feeling.
9. Sleep or appetite changes: You experience sleep disorders, significant tiredness and appetite changes and even decline in personal care.
10. Mood swings: There are rapid or dramatic shifts in feelings ranging from excessive anger; hostility or violence to suicidal thoughts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I want to quit the smoking for healthy health. I m just 32 yes old young boy. I do use every day 1 packet of bidi. What I do?
My age is 22 year. I am suffering from depression. Give me some tips to deal with this problem. Moreover I am very much addicted to chewing tobacco, I want to quit this habit but its not working. I am becoming very weak.
Can depression have effect in last long in bed? I was really depressed for a year managed to get out of it but now I get angry really quickly on those who caused me depression for that year. N since that every time I have had sex I get orgasm really quickly is it because of cortisol from depression. Or I have habit doing masturbation without orgasm I jst stroke it n leave it wen close to orgasm I have done that a lot do that destroy nerve endings n causes early ejaculation in bed?
Depression in adults is a lot different from depression in younger people. Adults have the overburdening thrust to believe they should be able to deal with any situation however adverse of their own accord. This pushes them to such a point that they bottle up worries and anxieties making themselves vulnerable to depression. Reaching out for help is almost a wager; lost before a fair trial. An elderly person could remain depressed due to varied reasons but the cause is seldom remorse. Assuming the cause as sadness could depress your loved ones even more.
Take a look at the following factors that can depress older adults;
- Serious ailments like strokes, cancer, diabetes, thyroid and so on so forth.
- The loss of a dear friend or a family member.
- Excessive work pressure.
- Stagnation in personal life, passions and goals.
- Lack of motivation to do the slightest of things.
To prevent depression in adults the following ways should be kept in mind:-
- Interaction is the key principle- Adults might need to talk. Being a grown- up doesn't mean you don't need suggestions and advice of your friends and relatives. Try to interact with a person who you think is depressed.
- Try to identify medical conditions and look for reliable treatment- Medical illnesses like cancer or diabetes can take a toll on your mental strength. It can discourage you from living life with full vigor and energy. Thus medical conditions should be treated with due care and a person suffering should be encouraged to take professional psychological consultation.
- Providing a person with space is mandatory- Adults hate being domineered or patronized. When they need space they should be allowed to be alone. It could help them deal with depression better. Staying alone doesn't always involve loneliness. People might need to clarify things to their own selves or might even need time to introspect.
- Make a depressed person take care of a pet- The presence of a pet in the household can relieve its members of accumulating stress. An adult when made to take care of a pet has added responsibilities and will naturally have less scope to wallow in their own sorrow. A pet gives a person the love and affection he or she had been lacking all along.
- Humor is a wonderful pill- Create opportunities to make a person laugh. Share jokes or make them watch funny shows.
- Ensure the person gets enough sleep- A full night's sleep is extremely important. Insufficient relaxation can push you towards depression.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!