Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi AroraYour feedback matters!
With the new fad to eat fatfree foods and remain healthy, the intent is to completely avoid fat. However, it is to be noted that fat is essential for various normal body functions, starting from proper brain functioning to hormone formation. What needs to be avoided is the unhealthy bad fat. Fat contains fatty acids, which are of two types-saturated and unsaturated. When heated, the polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) react with the oxygen in the environment and get damaged. These are to be avoided. The saturated fatty acids are relatively strong and do not oxidize or create damage. So, the next time you pick up oils, this is what you need to look at.
The good thing about olive oils is that it mostly contains monosaturated fatty acids (MSFA), which does not oxidize even at high temperatures (almost 180 degree Celsius).Another study showed that with deep frying using olive oil, it takes about 25 hours to produce the same damage as other cooking oils. Olive oil is produced by crushing olives.It can be refined or unrefined based on the amount of free oleic acid (lesser in the unrefined version).The unrefined form is the purer form, which is also known as extra-virgin olive oil. It has the aroma and flavor of olives and characteristic bitter taste.
What it contains: A can of 100 g of olive oil contains the following. Note the high content of monosaturated fat is present, which is highly healthy.
- Monounsaturated Fat: About 70%
- Saturated fat:About 13%
- Omega-6:About 10%
- Omega-3:About 1%
- Vitamin E:72% of the RDA.
- Vitamin K:75% of the RDA.
Some of the health benefits of extra virgin olive oil are listed below:
- Anti-inflammatory: Heart disease, cancers, diabetes, Alzheimer's are all chronic inflammatory conditions and using olive oil for prolonged periods can reduce the onset and severity of these conditions. The oleic acid acts against the C-reactive protein responsible for spreading inflammation.
- Antioxidants: The ingredients in olive oil including the anti-inflammatory oleocanthal and oleuropein are known for their antioxidant properties.The latter is what prevents oxidation of olive oil when heated. These have powerful health benefits and can help fight severe diseases.
- Cardio-friendly: There are various ways in which olive oil helps the heart, some of them being reduced inflammation, preventing blood clotting, lowering blood pressure, improving blood vessel lining, and improves LDL levels.
- Cancer: With its oxidative properties, it reduces the amount of free radicals in the body, thereby reducing cancer.
- Brain function: Olive oil also reduces cognitive functioning and reduces formation of beta amyloid which is seen in Alzheimer's disease.
The Mediterranean diet is rich in olive oil and they have inherited these health benefits over centuries.
Dear sir/ mam one day unfortunately I had protected sex with my friend 3 years back . For first time it bleeds . Now if I am getting married with some one if we participate in intercourse . Can he know that I am not virgin or again it will bleed or not .
Hello doctor my period date was 10 of every month . Me and my boyfriend participated in sex on june 26 by using condom but 3 to 4 times he just inserted without condom for foreplay then july 12 I got periods and have heavy bleeding for three days (i ate sesame seeds a lot to get periods ). Recently ten days back my leg got regiment tear because of that for past ten days am suffering a lot with pain today is aug 13 my periods did not come am afraiding that I will be pregnant ? I read in internet tat bleeding will because of implantation will that bleeding will be implantation bleeding ah r else because of my leg injury my periods getting delayed ah I want to know ? Please reply clearly mention what to do now.
I am 36 years female. I have taken MTP kit for my 5 week pregnancy about 10 months back. After that every thing was normal till my last periods which were about 20 days back. During my last period a piece of tissues came out from vagina and after that there is a little bleeding (drop or so) from vagina during urination. Today bleeding is getting increased. Is it a sign of my early period or any vaginal infection of anything else as I am feeling back pain as usually in periods. Kindly help.
Hello, my sister is 12 and started her periods 6 months or 7 months ago! She missed her periods this month and I am very worried for her! please help is it normal? Can she go to water park in her periods?
I am a girl, age 23 years. These days I just have menstrual period of 1 day and that too is not that much good. I gain weight too much. What should I do? I already take advise from 2-3 gynecologist. But no improvement. All tests are also ok. Please help.
I am 26 year old. I am trying to convince from last 1 year but not get successful. And my periods are regular. What should I do.
I have a 1 question. On which age will produce milk in female breast. And on which age will come produce breast milk on teenage (or) maturity.
Hi sir I want to ask I didn't get proper periods till the age of 19 what should I do for proper periods?
Hi, I am 19 years old girl my weight is 54.5 my hip is large. So please suggest me to decrease my hip and get prefect structure. Naturally.
Hi doc I am 26 years married female trying to conceive all our test are normal so this time my doc suggested to take siphene tablet from 2 nd day of my period cycle to 6th day and done follicular study where 2 eggs from right ovaries both of size 21 and 20 got ruptured on my 14 the day and doc gave me duphaston tab from 18 the day for 10 days but now like 20 the day of the cycle I have too much lower back pain on the right side my last period date was 13 the may. So can I be pregnant please help.
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take more than 10 minutes to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month.
Here are a few tips to help speed up this process and avoid infections and eye injuries:
- Take it easy: Just because the surgery takes a short time is no reason to underestimate its importance. Do not drive on the first day and as far as possible avoid driving for the next few days as well. Do not put any extra pressure on your eyes by bending, lifting weights etc. This will ensure that your stitches do not tear open. Try to avoid excessive sneezing and coughing as this can jerk the lens out of place.
- Protect your eyes: Wearing sunglasses is a good idea after a cataract surgery. This will protect your delicate eyes against dust, wind etc. Avoid using community swimming pools and hot tubs immediately after such a surgery to lower the risk of infections. Avoid rubbing your eyes aggressively. For the first week, keep your face out of the shower so as to avoid feeling the need to press or rub your eyes as well as to protect them from bacteria in the water.
- Lubricate: Your eyes may feel dry and scratchy after a cataract surgery. This is normal and not something to worry about. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops to be taken after the surgery. Use these regularly. Once this is over you may need additional artificial tears or lubricating eye drops. However, do not take these drops without first consulting your doctor. If your eyes are sensitive to the preservatives in bottled eye drops, look for single use ampoules. Ensure that you always wash your hands well before administering the eye drops.
- Keep the eye clean: Though washing your face is avoidable, you must still keep the eye clean. Use cotton and a sterile saline wash for the first few days. You can later replace the saline with cool boiled water.
If you feel any deterioration in your vision, pain or excessive discharge in the operated eye, you must immediately consult your doctor. Seeing sudden flashes of light or floaters in your vision should also not be ignored.