Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ritika VirdiYour feedback matters!
My mother is of 59 years and is suffering from excessive pain in tooth. I have given her meftal forte and seradac p but no relief kindly suggest any other medicine
Hello doctor, I have teeth problem as usually a little bleeding in the morning while brushing the teeth so what should I do? please give me the solutions.
I brush twice a day but still have some problems in teeth. Whenever I brush, there is blood coming from my teeth. What is this problem called and is it something really bad?
How can I prevent nicotine marks in my teeth caused by smoking? I already got one, how can I remove it?
Hai. Madam how much time wants to take brush our teeth? If we doing the brush in regularly morning and at night, have chance to come cavities?
I have blisters on my tongue, both side to place near the teeth, it was about a month, please advise.
I hve toothache in the morning. Even I hve done R. C. T 4 month ago. It get pain when pressed anytime. What should do for it.
I am 64 years old female. Please advise which is more beneficial at my age. Having denchers or adding false teeth sets. I am not talking about FULL SET. Doctor said my teeth are strong, but some of them in between are fallen. Thank you very much.
What should I do to avoid frequent mouth ulcers and I do not eat that is being tasted by my friends and I always prefer healthy food?
Hello Doctor, I've earache when I chew food, I've a sensitivity in my tooth also. Could pls suggest medicine for that? Thankyou.
I have pyria. My gum is bleeding and it has swollen and paining a lot for the last two days. Please tell me the right medicine, toothpaste to cure it completely. Help me as early as possible. Please be precise and accurate in your prescription.
I have a tooth decay so am planning to get root canal treatment. My friends are suggesting me to go for advanced root canal treatment using laser. Can anyone help me about this?
I am suffering from bleeding last 3 year s in teeth when pressing the teeth and from my mouth is very bad small what to do please tell me thank you.
When the salivary glands do not produce enough saliva, the mouth gets dry and uncomfortable. Due to certain conditions, such a phenomenon can occur and this condition is known as dry mouth or xerostomia. Xerostomia or dry mouth can occur due to multiple reasons. Read on more to find all about the different causes and symptoms of dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain medications: Dry mouth occurs due to the effect of certain prescription and nonprescription medications. Drugs used to treat depression, pain, allergies, anxiety, epilepsy, obesity, nausea and psychotic disorders can cause dry mouth condition as a side effect. Sedatives and muscle relaxers can also cause dry mouth.
- Side effects of certain disease and infections: Certain diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, mumps, diabetes, hypertension, cystic fibrosis, anemia and Parkinson's disease can also cause dry mouth or xerostomia.
- Side effect of treatments: If the salivary glands are damaged due to certain reasons, then less saliva is secreted resulting in dry mouth. Certain treatments such as radiation treatments in the head and neck or chemotherapy sessions could indirectly cause dry mouth by damaging the salivary glands.
- Nerve damage: Dry mouth can also be due to a person suffering from nerve damage caused due to accident or surgery.
- Dehydration: Conditions like fever, excessive vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, which cause dehydration can also cause dry mouth.
- Removal of salivary glands: Surgical removal of the salivary glands also causes dry mouth.
- Lifestyle choices: Certain lifestyle preferences such as chewing tobacco or smoking can cause dry mouth.
Dry mouth has several symptoms. If you have some or all of the symptoms mentioned below, then you are more than likely suffering from dry mouth.
- A sticky and dry feeling in the mouth.
- The frequent feeling of being thirsty.
- A dry, parched feeling in the throat.
- The tongue being dry, raw and red.
- There is discomfort and problem while you are speaking or experiencing problems with chewing, tasting or swallowing food.
- Experiencing dry nasal passages, a sore throat or hoarseness in the voice.
- A tingling or slightly burning sensation in the mouth but particularly in the tongue.
- Having a bad breath.
Related Tip: "Why Oral Health in Older Adults Is Important"