Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Pain in Ribs
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Ravi Shankar GaurYour feedback matters!
I am working in construction. In duty period I have very back pain. Because of I working still standings position from 9am to 6pm. So what to do.
I have a sharp stabbing pain in the lower back, just above the hip and bit to the left of the base of the spine. It is not the typical back pain we usually have if we workout too much or anything. This just came out of nowhere and it refuses to go away. If I do any excercises then it just aggravates the pain and refuses to respond to any balms/ointments. What is the reason for this back pain ?
Namaste Sir. I got a speed bump accident. there is no problem in mri report. After doing physio exercises my back pains in lower back reduced but I cannot walk more than 300 feet, I found weakness in lower back muscles and nerves ,cannot sit more than 20 minutes then what should I take treatment?
You might be an elite athlete or just a commoner. There is always a possibility for you to develop lower back pain while carrying out your daily activities. You might not be aware but regular activities like sitting at the computer, running on the treadmill or simply crawling into your bed for a good night's sleep can affect the health of your spine. You are always at the risk of damaging your spine. These damages lead to back pain. It has been found that faulty postures can cause back pain by causing straining of the back muscles, injuring the tendons and damaging the vertebrae or ligaments.
Back pain can be caused due to the overuse of a particular activity or for undertaking a new activity. However, it is often very difficult to pinpoint the exact reason behind the occurrence of back pain. Here are the common causes of lower back pain:
- The screen trouble: You are likely to develop back pain, if you spend long hours sitting in front of the computer. Researchers believe that spending nine hours or more a day by texting on smartphones or tablets or typing on the computer is dangerous. You must take a break at regular intervals while working on the gadgets to avoid back pain. Your monitor of the computer should be placed at the level of your eye.
- You skip the core exercises: The health of your spine depends on the core regions of your body as well. The core region includes your back, side, pelvic, and buttock muscles. It is important that you practise the core exercises like lunges, squats, and planks. They help in strengthening the muscles around your core region and keep your spine healthy.
- Improper sleep pattern: Your sleeping pattern is as much important as your walking or sitting pattern when it comes to the health of your spine. If you sleep on your stomach, pressure is placed on joints and muscles. This may cause straining of the muscles or ligaments in the spine region.
- Smoking: Cigarettes are not just unhealthy for your lungs or heart, they are equally bad for the spine. Cigarettes contain nicotine. Researchers have found that nicotine hampers the flow of blood to the vertebrae and disks in between the spine. Insufficient supply of blood to the spine region results in low absorption of calcium by the bones in this region. Therefore, you end up developing back pain.
- Blame it on your emotions: Back pain adds to your emotional stress. But believe it or not, the reverse is equally true. Depression and emotional stress, increases or sometimes even initiates back pain. When an individual is depressed, his or her glands release stress hormones known as cortisol. This hormone causes the muscles in the back region to tense up.
Ways to get rid of lower back pain
- You must lie on your back.
- It is then advisable to lift your left leg, as high as you can
- Thereafter, keep the legs straight in a raised position.
- You are then supposed to hold your lower thigh with both hands.
- You can then pull the leg toward your upper half of the body
- Hold this position for some 10 to 15 seconds.
- Position yourself back in the starting position.
- Repeat the same with the right leg.
- Do this 2-3 times with each leg to get rid of the lower back pain.
- Apply hot or cold compression on the affected part
- Eat a balanced diet
- Don’t smoke or drink
- Exercise in a proper posture
- Don’t spend too many hours sitting before laptops or tv. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.