Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Prasoon ShuklaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 24 years old. Some bad smell from my mouth is coming even though after doing mouth wash with brush. So what should I do?
Hello, I got a some brown spot on my teeth, I didn't know how I got it as I didn't take tobacco or consume much chocolate I even tried to brush two times a day to remove but is still there what should I do?
My teeth are getting cavities in spite of regular brushing. What are the other precautions to be taken to avoid tooth decay. Please help me.
Hello sir, I have many black spots on my tongue is this problem is related to liver? Please tell me.
How can I naturally whiten my teeth? It's getting yellow and I'm feeling that plague is accumulated on the teeth.
I am suffering from sensitivity of my tooth when I take cool items ......and I have seen one change is that my tooth gums are decreasing in size......need suitable advice
I have some gap between the two teeth of upper side. I want to fill the gap using brace set. What is the cost of brace set and what time period required to fill the gap using brace set? Is there any side effect for using brace set? Do you have any other operation for filling the gap between the two teeth?
Here's my opg. I have severe gum pain due to wisdom tooth. Doctor told me to continue medication for seven days. Some doctors told me to remove wisdom tooth. What to do now?
I have got one infected teeth since 15 years. I want some suggestion if there is best one. What if I take it out and keep manually another. Will there be any problem later?
I am 41 years old. The blood is coming out from my mouth when I awake after sleeping. What is the problem behind it?
I have a tooth ache in my last teeth on the upper left corner. Ive tried cleaning it gently, but I think gums have swollen too. What should I do?
Hello Doctor. I am a 23 year old boy and the question is My upper front teeth's are very bigger in size, sometime I shy to lough. So I decided to remove all front teeth's and want to implant artificial teeth's. But the thing I need is the teeth's which I am going to implant is must stay for my life long. Means don't want remove when going to sleep as my grand father do. And must when I laughing the teeth's must fall on ground. So is it possible or not? if yes what is the cost for these type of implant charge? help me please.
Good morning ladies. My best friend is going through this ordeal of BC, you all are very brave and I admire you very much. Would any of you have any suggestions about how you manage mouth sores?
My father is aged 58 and is diabetic. He recently got a dental checkup n the doctor advised him for implants after looking at the x-ray. I am still doubtful if the procedure is beneficial in case of a diabetic patient. Please help.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.