Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I got my period on 9th sep it's over almost after 5-7 days but little bleeding continued for 4 days and then again on 5th day I got my period and it's been 16 days it's still here .I had just tried sex on 6th or 7th july with protection .after 3 weeks done 3 times pregnancy test .all was negative .then got my period on 21st august before that my period was on 28th June .and this month 9th sept and it's still bleeding .my periods are always irregular .what should I do?
My vagina hole is too small, its so hard to do sex with my husband, please help dor smooth experience.
Dear doctor my last period was on January 17th. Actually mu periods are not in regular. Doctor prescribed me norethsterone tablet from 8th February ( 23rd day of cycle). But i had pain on abdomen from yesterday and i have not get periods yet now. Please give me answer of my problem
Normally how many days a period can delay due to un protected sex. If so then what to do. The home pregnancy test also came negative. Please help
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it.
A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar health issues, it is advisable to undergo a check- up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Extremely painful menstruation, irregular periods or prolonged periods with heavy bleeding might be reason enough for worrying.
- Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty, but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
- Patchy skin, pigmentation and discoloration of the skin are the other symptoms.
- PCOS may also result in continual depression and anxiety.
- Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have lower metabolism and thus, reducing weight is an ordeal.
- Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
- PCOS mostly affects women belonging to the childbearing age. As a result of this syndrome, females stop ovulating. Conception becomes extremely difficult as the syndrome may lead to infertility.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome, but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
Related Tip: "What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?"
I am unable to have sex with my husband. Each time he tries the insertion, I move him away because of the pain. This ultimately leads to a fight. Please help me. How should I prepare myself and avoid the pain?
Recurrent pregnancy loss refers to the situation when three consecutive pregnancy loss takes place. A pregnancy loss is a clinically defined pregnancy which ends before twenty weeks.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply.
Hi Mensuration cycle ruk ruk ke hota hai. Or mensuration cycle khul ke nahi hota hai. Or period problem also. please tell any solution.
Hi, my husband has got a 1 inch lump near his ass hole, he does not have pain but have irritation while sitting. Could you please let us know how we can cure this. I am really worred about this, this is from past 4 days.
I am 36 years old and my pap test has gave" mild inflammatory smear" report. There is fowl smell in my vaginal fluids, I want to meet good gynecologic doc in Hyderabad. Please suggest a good lady doc.
I had sex continuously alternative every week probably and had ipill all the time now my vagina is swollen and internally it pains my legs are just going with unbearable pain all of the sudden pain. Occurs in down stomach may I know the reason y it happens.
My vagina is always dry during the sex I hv suffering from premature ovary failure my age is 33. What should I do to lubricate my vagina during the sex for the pleasure?
Is there any pills/tablet or medicines Which are for females getting in her sex mood or aise koi dawai hai female ko sex mein la sakey ya aurat ko sex chadhane ya sex mein laane ki koi tablets hoti hai jis se wo bht zyaada sex mein aajaye.
Tea and coffee are the most popular hot beverages in the world. The northern side of India majorly consumes a lot of tea as its daily beverage while the southern states in India indulge more into coffee. Both contain caffeine; but have different tastes as well as addictions.
Here are the benefits as well as drawbacks of the two.
1. Caffeine - Coffee has more caffeine than tea. So if you want to stay awake or want a sudden rush of energy, choose a cup of coffee over a cup of tea. Too much caffeine though will eradicate sound sleep and can cause high blood pressure issues.
2. Acidity - Drinking tea can cause acidity to a great extent. Coffee on the other hand doesn’t cause acidity, to that extent. Never consume tea on an empty stomach; you are likely to develop gas or acidity owing to the same.
3. Overall health - Tea has a lot of antioxidants as compared to coffee. Eliminate cream, milk, sugars etc from tea and drink the decoction daily. It’s a very good anti-oxidant that keeps the overall health of a person in good condition. Tea consumed with lemon juice clears the intestine, further eliminating toxins for a healthier body.
4. Diabetes - Coffee is said to prevent the occurrence of type 2 diabetes. It doesn’t let inflammations take root causing the glucose in the body to be utilized pretty well. It also helps the body in utilizing the insulin produced by the later in a far better way than normal.
5. Nutrients - Coffee is more nutritious than tea with more calcium, phosphorous, potassium and choline. Tea simply has more folate than coffee.
Coffee might seem to have more health benefits over tea but if you have weak immunity and sleep problems, you can pick tea over coffee.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.