Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs Brij GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi I did follicular study and it's shows that right ovarian follicle size is 19×15×12,24×19×18 and 24×19×18 with an endometrial thickness of 4 mm, 6 mm and 8 mm respectively. Can I possible to get pregnant this time.
Hello , I am married. Last week we take unprotected sex So I want know that how can we avoid pregnancy with medical operation. I want know which medicine should we take to stop pregnancy. Please help me.
My periods days are decreasing day by day I did some test by advice of gync which she said ovary layer thickness but I am not satisfy for her consultation.
I m 29 yrs old and married. Suffering from pcod for last 8 yrs. Treatment also taken, but there is no good result. Please tell me what to do.
I am 24 years old my weight is 93 kg after deleivery my weight is incerease I will do walking everyday and exserise but no improvement please any soultion for my weight problem.
My wife last period is on 18 dec and we make relation on 23 dec just after her periods is it possible .she will be pregnant .i do not understand when will ovulation take place as she is having normal cycle of 28 days. Pls tell me detail so I can avoid pregnancy..
I am 25 years old female married since last one year. After my marriage I am having pain in stomach . Then I had severe pain in my stomach right hand side. So we came to know about the problems of pcod and bladder bladder stone. So I operated my bladder stone in 2016 In the month of May . But still I feel pain in my stomach. And my sex life also not good . And my husband is demanding for the child. Pls help.
Any kind of bleeding from the uterus, which is not normal, can be termed as abnormal uterine bleeding. This refers to bleeding between periods or before periods, bleeding after having sex, spotting, abnormally heavy bleeding or bleeding after attaining menopause. If you are suffering from any of these issues, you need to consult with the doctor.
It is very important to diagnose abnormal uterine bleeding. There are several examinations and tests that have to be carried out, depending on age. For irregular spotting, a pregnancy test can be undertaken in case you think you could be pregnant. If your uterine bleeding is very heavy, a test has to be performed to check blood count. This is done to observe whether you have anemia. An ultrasound test of the pelvic region will also be advised by your doctor to know the cause of the bleeding. Several hormonal tests and thyroid function tests are required as well.
Other diagnostic tests include:
- Sonohysterography: When fluid is placed within the uterus and ultrasound images of the uterus are taken. An image of the pelvic organs is obtained.
- Hysteroscopy: It can be carried out when a device is inserted via the vagina and enables the doctor to examine the uterus internally.
- Magnetic resonance imaging: This is also used to get images of the organs.
- Endometrial biopsy: It involves insertion of a catheter to take out a tissue which is microscopically observed.
There are different types of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding depending upon factors such as the cause of bleeding and the age of the patient.
- Medications: Several medicines are used to treat abnormal uterine bleeding. Sometimes hormonal medicines are used. Birth control pills are also used to improve the regularity of periods. Hormonal infections, vaginal creams and an IUD device releasing hormone can be used. Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used to control bleeding. Several antibiotics may also be prescribed.
- Surgery: In some cases of abnormal uterine bleeding, a woman has to undergo a surgery for the removal of growth such as polyps and fibroids, which results in bleeding. While some fibroids can be removed via hysteroscopy, others require different techniques for treatment.
- Endometrial ablation: It can be undertaken to control bleeding. This mode of treatment aims at reducing the bleeding permanently. In case all treatment methods fail, hysterectomy has to be carried out. This is a serious surgery and after it is performed, a woman does not have periods anymore and will not be able to conceive a child.
Abnormal uterine bleeding is a serious health condition, which may lead to severe complications. Immediate diagnosis and appropriate treatment methods should be undertaken in case of any abnormal uterine bleeding.