Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mini Vohra
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Mini VohraYour feedback matters!
Is a very well experienced Doctor. Listened to the problems very carefully and then gave the treatment medicines after proper checking. Highly recommend the Doctor.
My skin pores are quite large and even though I have no pimples on my face, it is not smooth at all. And also my skin color is so uneven and I have dark circles too. What will I do to make my skin color even and to get a smoother skin?
My face is looking soo oily I want to get rid of oily face and I have small several bumps on nose so tell me the treatment.
I am college student 19 year old when I go to college my skin is very oily nd dark in summer soo which spf sunscreen I use?
I am 25 year student. Nd sir my problem is my skin is so oily. So I request you to prescribe me some home rediments for make skin look clear.
Every living thing goes through a cycle of birth, growth, development, aging, and based on its lifespan, die. Be it an insect with a lifespan of few hours to the giant tortoise who live for more than 150 years. Now what causes ageing has been debated about widely. It is a combination of gradual wear and tear of the body combined with gradually declining pace of replacement of the worn out/missing parts. When younger, the body's ability to replace lost skin or bone is strong and it gradually declines with age.
- Recent studies have shown that there is a strong genetic component to ageing. We all have noticed how not everybody ages at the same pace - while some continue to look younger than their biological age, the reverse is also true. Intrigued by this finding, a lot of research have gone into what contributes to ageing. It has been discovered that a lot of ageing factors are inherited, especially from the mother.
- Now, a little bit of cellular details. There is a part of the cell that is called mitochondria, which is the energy production unit within each cell. It has been discovered that the DNA of the mitochondria which is mDNA has a lot to do with how a person ages, specifically what is inherited from the mother. If this has undergone mutation, the inherited mutated mDNA accelerates the ageing process.
- To add to this, there is also a lot of research studying the details of how young genes look different from old genes. The idea is to study this difference and then find out the difference and then see how we can make the older ones look more like the younger ones. This will indirectly reduce the aged look and produce a younger outlook.
- Since the most obvious and apparent ageing is seen on the skin, research is being conducted how the cellular membranes called aquaporins act. These are important for regulation of water movement to and from the cell. It is well known that younger skin is more hydrated compared to older skin, and ways are being identified to keep the older skin more hydrated and thereby produce a younger look.
- There is also a lot of correlation between nutrition and environmental factors and the overall ageing process. Genetic mutations are produced by these factors which also lead to accelerated ageing.
- While everybody tries to maintain the younger looks, ageing is something inevitable. While we can do a lot of things by modifying our lifestyle and with chemical support, it cannot be completely halted. While we can try to manage the diseases related to old age, ageing may not be something that can be stopped completely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.