Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi GhaiYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I had a little pain in one of my breast but pain was not too much but do not know why I am soo scared off.
Meri wife pregnant hai. Last mens date 5 september hai. Last 1 month se loose motion ho raha hai. Iske liye Rifaxamine 400 mg and lactobacilos 200 milion 5 days tak diya gaya. Fayda nahi hone par metronidazile 400 mg and lactobacilus 5 days diya gaya. Loose motion thik ho gaya lekin medicine band karne ke bad phir se suru ho gaya. Din me 3 to 4 times loose motion ho raha hai. Kabhi kabhi halke se pet me dard ho kar loose motion ho raha hai. Folic acid ki tablet bhi diya ja raha hai. Please help.
My niece had protected sex which was incomplete though cus he dint put it in completely but he came. She also had an ipill as she was scared. A week later he came n then he fingered her but he dint touch his cim his fingers wer dry. She constantly fears of being pregnant all the time amd does not concentrate. She also sees a drop of white discharge from nipples while squzeeing even before she was with a guy. Is there any reason for her to worry cus if she continues she will go mad. Plis she is very sure she can not get pregnant but still fears. Also is the nipple discharge normal? Please help.
I am 39 years old woman. In my urine test done twice in the past one year, there is a slight trace of blood in urine, around 2 to 3/hpf. Is it normal.
Sir, My wife is 9 month pregnancy but child developed both renal pelvic cavity dilatation any effects after delivery.
My boyfriend and I were having what they call" intercourse" He had his boxers on and I had my panties on. I know I was wet and he is positive he ejaculated near my vagina. What are the chances of me getting pregnant? We did this on Feb. 16 (tuesday), and by than I was on my 7 day into my cycle. I would really like to know because we are both VERY stressed =(Are the odds better for not getting pregnant to those that I am? I mean can you give me a number ratio or something? I'm so worried! some sites say you can have a period and still be pregnant, is this true? Please help!
Dear sir/Mem, My wife is pregnant and complete 5 months. I want to ask that I what we can do for development of baby more effectively to make baby strong and sharp mind and for good health of mother and baby. Please suggest. What books to read and what to eat or what things to do.
Obesity increases the chance of life threatening disorders or diseases exponentially. Diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular problems and orthopedic problems are common among obese people. Consuming proper food is very important in this regard as they help in maintaining an optimal weight level and support fat loss.
8 foods that can help in getting a flat stomach are:
- Almonds: Almonds are highly beneficial for your health as they are a good source of Vitamin E, folate, fiber, protein and healthy fats. They help in controlling food cravings and building muscles in the body. They also reduce chances of being affected by various cardiovascular diseases and even cancer.
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be a super food as they are packed with nutrients. Egg protein has a high biological value, which indicates how well the protein is absorbed into your body. Eggs also keep your stomach full so that you can control hunger cravings.
- Salmon: Salmon contains essential proteins along with Omega-3 fatty acids that help in maintaining protein levels in muscles. It also reduces your risk of getting affected by diabetes and heart diseases.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is a pro-biotic that is beneficial for the digestive system. It contains a good balance of carbohydrates and protein that is beneficial for fat loss.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are good for the body as they assist in elimination of free radicals. They contain fiber, which helps in keeping you full and control hunger cravings. Folate, which is abundantly found in vegetables, minimizes the risk of stroke and colon cancer drastically.
- Lean meat: Lean meats like chicken and turkey assist in controlling obesity and heart diseases. They are a high source of protein, which help in building muscle and boosting the immune system.
- Peanut butter: Consuming peanut butter in small measures helps in building muscle, boosting testosterone levels in the body and burning fat. It is packed with healthy fats that assist in enhancing testosterone levels, which aid in burning fat. It also helps control hunger cravings.
- Whole grains: Whole grains contain complex carbohydrates, which do not allow the sugar level to fluctuate and provide a steady stream of energy to the body.
I have a lump on the inside of my vagina. I didnt notice it untill painful intercourse. I kept it a secret for a few months. I was embarrassed. It is on the right side. Intercourse got too painful. So I went to the doctor not my primary doctor I just went to the e. R. But it was so uncomfortable the doctor barely got to see it cause I kept jerking. He assumed it was an absece and even said he seen it had a head on it. I looked myself and there is no head. It never hurts and it never bothers me untill I try to have inter course. But you can fill a lump down there and see it what do you think it is? please I need help?
If you are in an area which has a lot of mosquitoes, any fever that is not subsiding in a couple of days is a cause for concern as it can be due to dengue. It is one of the dreadful diseases doing the rounds in the recent years and when someone complains of fever and joint pain problem, the first question we ask if they got checked for dengue. This is caused by a virus that is carried by an infected mosquito.
The blood is made up of 3 types of cells mainly that are in a liquid medium called the plasma. The red blood cells are the oxygen-carrying cells and the white blood cells fight infection and provide immunity. The third type are the platelets, they are smaller than the other two and help in blood clotting. With dengue fever, both the white blood cell count and the platelet count are decreased. Normal platelet count in the body ranges from 1.5 to 4 lacs and in patients with dengue; this can go down to as low as 20,000 to 40,000. This is because of the following:
- Dengue suppresses bone marrow, which is the platelet-producing area, leading to decreased platelet count.
- Blood cells affected by dengue virus damage platelets, leading to their drastic fall in numbers
- Antibodies produced in dengue also lead to massive destruction of platelets
Patient presents with nonspecific symptoms including a high fever that does not subside, vomiting, pain behind the eyes, headache, nausea, and severe muscular and joint pain. The eye pain and the joint pain lead to the suspicion of the dengue fever. Symptoms develop after 4 to 7 days after the bite. The fever lasts for about 5 to 7 days and is followed by a prolonged period of fatigue, joint pains, body pain, and rashes (learn more about Painful Rashes).
For the sake of confirming the diagnosis, the doctor will run some lab tests. These include testing for antibodies IgG and IgM, PCR testing to check the virus and a complete blood count. This will reveal the decrease in the white blood cells and the platelets to a significant degree. Whether or not a person requires platelet transfusion will be decided by the doctor based on the person’s age, immunity levels and severity of the disease.
There isn't a particular level below which a person would require platelet transfusion. In aged people and with people who have other chronic diseases, platelet transfusion may be required even if the blood count is about 50,000. The doctor will decide this based on the patient’s health. The right thing to do is to go for a medical consultation and discuss your situation with the doctor and identify what needs to be done for your condition specifically.