Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenakshi Ghai
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi GhaiYour feedback matters!
Usually we avoid talking to strangers as we are brought up with the advice of not talking to them since childhood. This was for our safety purpose at the young age when we didn’t have proper understanding of good or bad. But we continue to be suspicious toward the strange people even after we grow up ending up not talking with strangers.
Humans are very social by nature still we fail to show our social stripes with strangers. We should increase our social interactions with strange people assuming that they are friendly which is true with most of the people. This is because there are many hidden long run health benefits of talking to strangers.
Surprising 4 health benefits of talking to strangers
1. Improve your mental health
Meeting random strangers and talking to them boost your mood as the interaction is without any future obligation or negative consequences. In conversation, a stranger listens you and may even help you to find your own answers to problems. Thus talking to strangers makes you happy and promotes your mental health.
2. Reduce the feelings of depression and anxiety
Human beings are social animals. Talking to strangers improve our social skills and give social support to overcome loneliness. It increases the feeling of self- esteem and enhances your self- confidence. The conversation with strangers can even make you new friends with whom you may share your problems and worries. Hence, talking to strangers act as anti depression and anti anxiety therapy.
3. Reduce the risk of causing schizophrenia
Socially isolated people are at higher risks of getting affected from schizophrenia. Interacting with strangers is a way to remove feeling of being isolated, hence also effective in lowering the risks of causing schizophrenia to you.
4. Reduced risk of heart attack
Talking to strangers removes depression, anxiety as mentioned above. High prevalence of anxiety and depression in people put them at the higher risks of coronary heart diseases. So talking to strangers is also good for your heart lowering the risks of heart disease.
My wife is 6 months pregnant ;so I want to know Wat nutritious food I should give her ;please suggest. Thanks.
I had not really sex but rubbing private parts over each other's on 25th October. I took I pill and got periods in November and december too but now I did not got periods. My stomach is bulging out and I am tensed. What to do? And please mention good doctors around Gandhinagar, Gujarat who do not charge high.
Lung capacity (or total lung capacity) refers to the total volume of air contained in the lungs after one complete inhalation and is a direct summation of your respiratory capacity and residual capacity (the amount you inhale and the amount your lungs can keep). A diminished lung capacity can stem from a number of conditions such as asthma, emphysema, lung cancer, or from bad habits such as excessive smoking. This, however, can be combated by a number of means.
1. Breathing exercises:
- Deep breathing: Research has shown, that taking long deep breaths, which basically encompasses inhaling for as long as possible and holding your breath for about 15-20 seconds can work wonders in increasing lung capacity if it can be carried out several times a day.
- Splashing water on your face: Splashing water on your face while holding breath lowers the heart rate, and prepares the body in the same way as if you were about to go swimming. This will automatically increase your lung's capacity to hold air.
- Try meditation: Closing your eyes and meditating for long periods may also prove to be beneficial. The lesser the amount of energy that you expend, the more air the lungs can hold.
2. Physical exercises:
- Engage in rigorous cardiovascular activities: Increased cardiovascular exercising, including aerobics, running, cycling is very useful, as it pushes your body to exhaustion, thus forcing your lungs to work harder - in turn, increasing its capacity.
- Increase water-based exercises: Swimming or exercising in water is very beneficial for the body as it adds an element of resistance to your training regime and overworks your lungs to supply enough oxygen, making them work better.
- Try exercising at higher elevations: This often works as a foolproof way of increasing lung capacity. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen supply. Thus, overworking your lungs by engaging in intense workouts can be very beneficial for your lungs.
3. Long-term training exercises:
- Increase your resistance: Breathe in high quantities of air, and take time before releasing it completely and do it very slowly. This forces your lungs to hold air longer, thus stretching them out.
- Overwork your brain: Try to breathe in extra - more than what you normally do. This forces your brain to work overtime to make sure that the lungs have the capacity to take in that excess air. This will greatly increase lung capacity in the long run.
I am 24 year old female m not married my problem irregular 2 mnth. Se mujhe period nai hue please ask me some medicine Nd solve my problem.
I have pcod. Before doing IUI doctor suggested HSG which show bilateral hydrosalpnix tubal blockage. So I consult many doctors some are saying do laproscopy and other one are saying go directly to IVF. I am bit confuse what to do which is to be done. Is there any side effects of laproscopy ? how many month should we TTC after laproscopy? IF open tube through IUI or IVF?
Hlo Dr. Meri umar 24. Sal h meri shadi 6 mhine phle hui nd mera miscarrige bh ho gy th is bich or Dr. Ne mjko btaya hai ki muje pcos hai mjhe kya krna cahiye kya ye jad se ktm ho jata h.
Do you have the habit of plucking your nose hair? As unsightly or awkward they may be, your nose hair can actually play an important role in keeping you healthy. So the next time you grab your tweezers or scissors to pluck your nose hair, do rethink and stop doing it.
The time when you feel like your nose is swamped with thick or dense hair, people often use tweezers or your fingers to pluck them out. Some of them even go to the extent of waxing it off. However, before you get there, be watchful.
There are two kinds of nose hair:
- Vibrissae: The frontal nose hair that is visible and plucked out from the nose
- Microscopic cilia: Present at the back of the nose, these are responsible for filtering mucus and moving it to the back of the nose
Here are the reasons why you must stop plucking your nose hair:
- It can make you catch infections: When you pluck your front nose hair, you are more prone to catch an infection. Germs and particles near the follicles can get inside, without the Vibrissae.
- The danger triangle: The triangular area on the face between your mouth and nose is referred to as a danger triangle. This area is very important for brain function. The veins that carry blood out of the nose tend to converge with the veins that carry blood from the brain. If you pluck the nose hair, it can lead to the germs get carried all the way to the brain and potentially affect it causing conditions of meningitis or brain abscess.
- Bacteria and germs outbreak: When the nose hair is plucked or waxed, the entire pore is left exposed to bacteria and other germs to get in. If the cilia and other hairs of the nose are unable to prevent the onset of the germs build-up, then these harmful particles can delve deeper into the path of the body all the way up to the brain.
So, what is the right way to do it then? Trimming is the way to go!
The next time you want to get rid of your nose hair, if its over-grown or getting too irritating for you, consider trimming it instead. As long as you don’t get too close to the skin inside your nose, it will not lead to the danger triangle problem.
Also wash your nose well before trimming your nose hair. Washing out the pathogens from the nose before trimming is important so that it will reduce your chances of catching any infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.