Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmi GuptaYour feedback matters!
1. Limit well-wishing - This can be extremely important for those first few weeks at home and is also often in the best interest of your baby's health. Certainly you are anxious to show off your new little one, but there will be time. Don't be afraid to place limits and disregard those that would like to insist that it is ok for them to come by. A good game plan is to let everyone know a date after which you will feel up to having visitors meet your newest family member. It is ok if they disagree.
2. Accept help - Chores still can get done by others. Tell family and friends how they can help. When people want to visit, ask if they might be willing to bring food. Don't be afraid to rely on others.
3. Breast-feed if you can - Yes, it's good for the baby but it also will burn an extra 500 calories a day. If you're trying to get the postpartum weight off, breast-feeding is a great way to start.
4. Hang up your cape - You are a superwoman but superheroes need rest too. Napping when the baby sleeps is easier said than done if you think you have to keep up with laundry and cooking. Forget the chores and try to nap at least once a day.
5. Drink water - Breast-feeding increases your need to stay hydrated. Get the equivalent of 8 glasses of water a day. Stay away from sugary sodas and caffeine that can filter into breast milk.
Hello , I am 38 years old. I am having pain during sex from last a few months and also can not control my rine for a long time. On and off I also feel severe pain in left side of the abdomen, that I can not even walk properly due to pain. My lower abdomen also increased or becomes fatty from last a few months. Can you please guide me whether these could be any dangerous signs for any type of disease?
Respected sir i am 26 age as i am getting period early.Actually i will get my period on 1st of every month but last month i had got my period on 1st and again on 26th of same month now in this month i had got my period on 20th i am very much worried plz give some sloution to my problem.This early period causes any cancers or it is due to harmonal imbalance plz clarify my doubt
My vagina itches so bad. Everytime it itches it releases something that makes my vagina smells so foul. When I touch it, it is somehow sticky and a thick white-to yellowish substance are in between the labia minora and majora. It itches so bad that I get wounds from it. The itch will come, then gone. After few days it will come again. It started when I had sex. He used condom, after that my vagina started itching. So I told him not to use condom anymore because I might be allergic to it. Then I also remember, I got a skin on the side of my vagina. Just like when snakes change their skin. I always check my vagina in the mirror and saw that nothing is wrong. But just now the to part of my vagina which is sensitive is red and painful. I don't know what to do. Im freaking out because I think I might don't have a child when my vagina is like this. Im worried it will be in the way when im pregnant or when im giving birth. Doctor, please tell me what this is and what to do. Thank you so much for all of your help.
I am 24 years old my weight is 93 kg after deleivery my weight is incerease I will do walking everyday and exserise but no improvement please any soultion for my weight problem.
I had sex with my boyfriend in a rough way. Next day I noticed my right labia swollen a bit. Still we had sex once. I guess it aggregated it. Next day I found it swollen very big and pustules all over my vagina. With days it started to develop. And it pains a lot that I could not walk nor sit. I could not even close my legs. Consulted a doctor two days ago. She prescribed me Azithral, vibact and a pain killer. Its been two days. Pain has only decreased a bit. STD tests came back negative. Doc asked me to continue the course for 5 Days. There are severe pustules in labia, clitoris and all around my vaginal area. My question is how long will it take to cure it completely. Will the antibiotics be enough to heal the open pustule wounds automatically. Should I apply anything else from outside. A white puss discharge is coming out of the pimples all day. When will it get ok? Will the antibiotics be enough to heal it?
Hello doctors, I'm 27 years old using a copper loop as contraceptive, we moved to London last year. I'm getting my periods once in 2 months, or if I get monthly there is either a overflow of discharge, or the discharge doesn't stop till 20 days or more. For few months I went back to India then my periods were regular and normal. I came back and the problem again started. I got my date on 10th of this month's the discharge didn't stop still. There is no heavy flow but still.
New study says eating junk food may shrink the part of your brain involved in learning memory and mental health. Older adults who eat more unhealthy foods such as sweet drinks salty snacks and processed meats have smaller left hippocampi.
I m 25 year old when my Husband intercourse its pain a lot as well as feel burn on that part it happens every time. Please help.
Hello Doctor, I got married 3 year's before. From my marriage till now we have intercourse. My wife's telling that in her uterus my sperm are getting in to her or not. That feeling is appearing to her. Then regularly periods getting but months 2 or 3 days after only getting. For her I am inserting to her vagina she is getting pain. One or two times blood has come. I get scared. Please tell me how we can have intercourse? Every month failure only appearing.
Hi, Me and my girlfriend had sex last Month, I didn't ejaculated on her, but on the same day she took i-pill too, now her periods getting late, Will she get pregnant.
I'm 23 years old unmarried, suffering from heavy bleeding in period Dr. suggested for usg and usg report is endometrial thickening 1.07 cm and small echo free area is detected at a central part of uterus with 0.6 cm of cystic lesion. Myometrium homogenous.
What are periods and it is safe to have a sex during periods and what precautions should be taken and use condom at the time if sex in periods explain in brief.
Check your sleep quality
Do you wake up with stiffness, numbness, or aches and pains? Do you feel tired when you wake up in the morning? Do you find that you sleep better in hotel bed than your own? These can all be signs that your mattress doesn’t provide the support and comfort that you need and should be replaced
Check your mattress:
Look for visible signs of wear and tear on your mattress. If your mattress looks tired, sagging, lumpy, dented or worn, it is time to retire it.
Check the time:
If your mattress is 7 years or older, a new mattress will likely improve your sleep. Also think of any lifestyle or body changes that may have occurred since you purchased your mattress. If you have gotten married, developed back problems, increased or decreased your activity, then your old mattress may no longer be the best fit for the person you are today.
check with your partner:
If your partner is tossing and turning all night, it probably means your mattress isn’t providing the support they need. And if they are tossing and turning all night, you probably aren’t getting much sleep either. That means the mattress no longer reduces motion transfer like it should.
Hello doctor I am having trouble in my periods they are not propper and days had reduced from five to three in which even blood flow is not propper suggest me wat to do its alot paining
I have a irregular periods. My FSH level is 5.0mIU/ml and my LH level is 7.1 mIU/ml and I am not over weight. I consult a doctor and she said the lean pcos is formed now. So tel me what treatment is I wil preferred. Ayurveda or allopathy.
Doctor prescribed krimson 35, metmorfin and folvite for pcod. Advised me to take krimson from 5th day only. I was on the pill from november and may be the november interval was for 8 days instead of 7 day. Since period started after 4 days of finishing the pack. Did not miss any of the pill either november or december and I took the pill after dinner usually from 9-11 (never exactly on time, but within time frame). December pill pack ended on 24th december and had unprotected sex activity on 25th noon, where partner rubs his genitals on my butt but no penetration (either anal or vaginal) no ejaculation was done also strict. But since in a guys precum there are 1000 of sperms (though he went to toilet before the act) and if it manage to swim from back to vagina will their be any egg to fertilize? Since November-December time gap was 8 days instead of 7, will 1 day gap triggers ovulation? There was a full 5-6 day bleeding after completing December pill pack from 28th dec to 2nd january. Is it withdrawal bleeding on pill? Or a bleeding on pregnancy can last for 5 days? After how many days of regular use pill started to work effectively. I had some antibiotics for skin which was given after considering pcod treatment. Nevertheless will it reduce the effectiveness of the pill. Earlier my cycle was 48-50 days which came to nearly 28 days from november. Will 1 day gap on nov-dec interval leads to ovulation when earlier cycle was that much long? My pill pack of jan got over on this Saturday 21st January. If I got period this time will it be a sure indicator m not pregnant? Do timing is important for combined pill? Is the pill to be continued from 5th day of periods or will we have to start after 7 days. If we had bleeding at proper time on pill and their was normal bleeding it means the pill have worked? My Dr. only tld me to tke the pill after dinner and from 5th day. But does the pill have protect me? Does the pill give proper protection after 7 days or we ve to complete a total course? Or does rubbing on the back and not having Intercourse leads to pregnancy even if their was precum and no ejaculations?
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
- Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
- Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
- Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the childbearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
- Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
- Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: Non steroid, anti-inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.