Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita SirohiYour feedback matters!
Fibroadenomas are benign non carcinogenic tumors that occur in the breasts of women. Although the condition may affect females of any age; spanning from pubescent girls to middle aged ladies, yet it is most commonly diagnosed in young women below 30 years of age. Fibroadenomas can be described as a stiff, smooth, supple marble under the skin of your breasts, which move when touched. These tumors which occur in varied sizes, may shrink or expand with time. Diagnosing through biopsies and treatment by surgeries are commonly employed for such a condition.
Types of Fibroadenomas
Fibroadenomas are of two types: simple fibroadenomas and complex fibroadenomas. The simple tumors are usually harmless and almost look the same under the lens of a microscope. On the other hand, the complex tumors are comprised of macro cysts (large fluid-filled sacs) and calcifications (deposits of calcium) which can slightly increase the chance of breast cancer.
What is the primary cause of Fibroadenomas?
Doctors aren't able to pinpoint the chief cause of fibroadenomas, but they have reasons to believe that the condition may pertain to the reproductive hormones. The condition may occur during pregnancy or during the use of hormone therapy, owing to which, the tumors may increase in size. The tumors are usually seen to shrink postmenopause, when the hormone levels start to dwindle. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Fibroadenomas are apparent and you may be able to detect them even without a doctor. The marble like tumor within your breasts are usually:
- Rubbery and elastic
- Easily movable
These tumors can range from being too small to as big as 3 inches or more in diameter. These lumps, which are usually harmless may be a cause of concern if they start to grow or change. Consulting a doctor is duly advised in such cases.
Risks: Fibroadenomas, only in the rarest cases, increase the likelihood of breast cancer. A complex fibroadenoma comprising of cysts or thick tissues called calcifications may aggravate your condition. Causes of concern could be if the tumor pains, a family history of cancer or an event of a questionable biopsy report. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am 32 years old and over the course of years bleeding during periods is constantly decreasing now I don, t even have to wear pads. Please confirm if it is normal?
Becoming a mother is a special feeling. This can be best explained by only those women who start feeling their babies inside them from the very early stage of pregnancy. These nine months, for a mother to be would need extra care and she has to take precaution of each and every type. In the first trimester or the first three months of your pregnancy detection, you need to take certain precautions. Here are some of the ways in which you can make yourself and your baby secure during the first three months of your pregnancy.
- Double check your pregnancy: There have been many cases of false pregnancies during this time. It is thus best to double check that you are really pregnant so as to avoid a heart break later on. Most home tests are accurate but if you are still unsure, you might want to wait another week after taking your first test and then take a second one. Alternately, you can also go and visit a doctor and take their advice to confirm that you really are pregnant.
- Prenatal vitamin: Once your pregnancy has been confirmed, it is time for you to start taking your prenatal vitamins. These vitamins have enough folic acid which is required by the to-be mother to conceive. These vitamins also help in the development of the baby and protect it from developing any birth defects.
- Arrange for a health insurance: Medical bills can be very costly in contemporary times. Thus, if you are pregnant then it is best to start looking for health insurance schemes which cover pregnancy and delivery cost. This procedure might take sometime to finish and thus it is best to start the process in your first trimester.
- Choose a doctor: If you already know a doctor who specialises in delivery and pregnancy then you need not worry. But in case you do not have enough information then it is time you start looking for an experienced doctor. You can consult your friends and family members and choose a doctor whom you find appropriate for you. You should also consult a doctor by the time you are two months pregnant in order to get the necessary vaccines and other advice.
- Quit bad habits: Smoking, drinking and too much of coffee would damage the development of your child. Thus, you must try and quit all of them to deliver a healthy baby.
Thus, these are the five most important precautions that you need to take in your first trimester in order to ensure a healthy delivery ahead.
I am four months pregnant. Doctor told foetus heart beat is low. I Is it serious? How to increase my child's heartbeat.
I am diagnosed pcos. I had a little amount of men's every month even till January. But recently in March and April my vaginal whitish discharge turned light brownish or pale yellow on my those dates.
I am 30 years female, got married from 6 months, trying for baby from 6 months but no positive result. However I had abortion 6 years back, In between never tried for baby, is this could b the reason for not getting pregnant bcoz of that abortion?
Hi doctor My biggest problem is my period is not coming from last month after pregnancy test it was negative but still period not coming last month 10 of apr it come but till now not come Pls advice.
I am pregnant since 5 month with twin babies. My gynecologist suggested me to take a stitches to avoid premature delivery. So I want to know that is it safe, should I care for anything before or after? Also guide me how much cost it takes. Please answer me, I am little worried about it.
I am a 31 year old male married to a 33 year old female. We are married for 1.6 years and have not been able to conceive. Recently we went to apollo for a check up and found that my wife is having the problem of endometriosis. The doctor did the laparoscopic surgery and told that it was successful. The doctor has given us 3 months for conception and after that advised IVF. Now it has been 2 and a half month, but my wife is not able to conceive. Please suggest what to do. The problem has created rippers in our relationship and we remain stressed all the time, please suggest your good ideas.
I got married 9 months ago and my wife is 33 years old, we are trying for baby however with no result, shall we need to consult a doctor.
My wife aged 30 years has a obese abdomen after her 4th delivery by sygerin before which she has had not for the previous 3 normal deliveries, if there any medication to reduce it to or slim it normal position Thanks.
Me and my wife had sex regularly by using condoms. But 3 nights ago i.e. On 9th june we had sex without protection. I took my penis outside and then ejaculated. In next morning, she bleed and thought that her period started but she did not bleed thereafter for next 2 days. Her period started on 14th last month and on 10th before that (14th because she took medicine to extend periods due to some reason). Now since now today is 12th and a time for period, we are afraid if she got pregnant as she is not able to get her periods. My question is that can she get pregnant if we had sex just before her periods OR no? We got married 2 months back. Pls advise. Thanks
I'm 9 weeks pregnant and lost all my symptoms. I'm worried about missed miscarriage. I already had one 5 years back. So I'm so worried. There is no scan till two weeks so please advice me.
I had abortion 5 months ago due to some infection. But now everything is ok. Now I am trying to conceive from last 3 months but is unable to conceive. I had tab .smartova also . Now when I had an ultrasound the report shows that the follicle size is larger than the average size as it should be on 10 day. The reports were. Rt ovary 19*16 mm 17*15 mm Lt ovary17*14 mm 16*14 mm E.T-7 mm Are the reports normal.
Both heat and cold therapy can help. It may take some trial and error to find out which works best for you.
How does heat therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Heat dilates (opens up) blood vessels, stimulates blood circulation and reduces muscle spasms.
At home you can try dry heat such as heating pads or moist heat such as warm baths or heated moist towels.
How does cold therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Cold works differently, it constricts (closes blood vessels) then opens them up again closes and opens up. This alternate closing and opening cycle of blood vessels drains out swelling and toxins from that area. At home you can use ice packs with covers or traditional ice bags or ice cubes in a plastic bag with proper covers so its not too cold.
Both heat and cold should be used very carefully only when sensations are normal otherwise it can cause burns or damage to skin and tissues.
Professional health care providers such as physiotherapists use moist heat, deep heat such as ultrasound therapy and cold therapy along with joint and tissue mobilizations, specific stretching and strengthening exercises, customized tips about improving posture, ergonomics, sleeping habits for long lasting relief from pain.
Pregnancy is a beautiful period in every woman's life. Lots of physical, mental and emotional changes occur during pregnancy and the best way to cope up with them is exercise, also known as pregnancy yoga or antenatal exercise. Working out when you are expecting is great for you and your baby.
Benefits for mother and baby of Pregnancy Yoga:
- Increased sense of well being,
- Improves body muscle tone and relieves tension
- Ensures healthy weight gain,
- Cardiovascular and respiratory fitness
- Maintain a stable body position
- Decrease in pregnancy related muscle problems, joint pains, constipation, abdominal bloating,
- Reduces fatigue and helps manage stress
- Increases endurance and strengthening muscles
- Help relieve back pressure
- Improve posture and balance
- Improve circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Helps prepare for the strain of labor
- Increased chances of natural labor and childbirth
- Improves self-image
- Regains figure faster
- Prepare for immediate postnatal period
- Stretches for lower back
- Upper back stretch
- Pelvic Tilts
Guidelines for exercise:
- Exercise at least three times per week
- Avoid exercise in supine position after first trimester and prolonged motionless standing
- Modify exercises according to maternal symptoms and fatigue levels
- Avoid exercises that could cause loss of balance or falling (ballistic exercises)
- Have adequate diet
- Hydration before, during and after exercise
Things to know while doing exercise or pregnancy yoga:
- Consult your doctor first
- Start after 12-14 weeks
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes
- Keep at least 3-4 hrs gap between meal and exercise
- Early morning is the best time
- Avoid becoming too hot or overheated
- Be gentle- avoid stretching or straining muscles/joints.
- Medical problem- consult doctor- do under strict supervision
- Listen to your body
- Never exercise till exhaustion or breathlessness
- Heart rate should not > 140/min
- Take frequent breaks during exercise
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Eat healthy diet- plenty of fruits, vegetables
Discontinue exercise if:
- Light headiness
- Excessive dryness of mouth
- Abdominal cramps
- Severe pain/ uneasiness
- History of vaginal bleeding