Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Ayurvedas online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti Girotra Gandhi
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti Girotra GandhiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
A migraine is something, which can really make a person’s day go from bad to worse. However, while popping an aspirin may be the age old solution for solving such a literally mind numbing issue, it really does not mean that this is the best solution. Theoretically, the best solution to a migraine should come naturally to the person, who is unfortunately the victim of a migraine.
It is more than a headache
When a person has a migraine, he or she is likely to know that this is the case due to a pulsating sensation behind the eye. In addition to this, there are quite a few other symptoms which include pain on one side of the head, nausea and a sensitiveness to light in its various forms.
Natural treatments for migraine
There are a range of possible natural solutions a person can make use of to get rid of migraine hits.
- One of these solutions is quite simple, even if it sounds a little odd! Take a few cabbage leaves, crush them and using a soft cloth, apply the paste on the forehead of the person who is having a migraine attack.
- While a person who is down with migraine may feel that life has given him or her lemons, he or she should really not despair. This is because these lemons can be made use of, as well, in order to make the ill effects of the migraine go away. To do this, take five lemons, peel them, grind them well and then add a little bit of water to make a paste. Apply this paste to the patient’s forehead.
- Apart from using remedies to cure migraine, there are a few other things which are needed to be done in order to get up and running as soon as possible. One of these things is to get enough rest. Taking into account the fact that a migraine has the potential to severely hinder the prospect of a person functioning normally, for a person to push himself or herself against the intense migraine discomfort so as to fulfil his or her responsibilities will not only result in substandard work, but will also make the situation worse.
- Hot and cold compress can also go some way in improving a person’s migraine problem.
- All beverages apart from water and tea should be avoided. Water hydrates and is essential while tea is diuretic.
If you follow these natural remedies, you will successfully be able to treat your migraine issue.
Rheumatism is an auto-immune and chronic disease caused due to the abnormal swelling of the body joints in the knees or the shoulders. The symptoms of rheumatism include intense pain in the morning, mild fever with the pain, swollen joints resulting in immense pain, stiff joints, increased pain in cold climate and extreme tiredness.
Doctors are still doubtful about the exact cause of the disease, but the weakened immune system might damage the joints. This makes obese people, smokers and women most susceptible to this disorder.
According to Ayurveda, rheumatism is caused due to a major imbalance in the ‘Vata or Kapha’ dosha. The Ayurvedic remedies aim for the restoration of the body’s Vata/Kapha balance. Ayurvedic remedies help reduce the ‘ama’, the toxins produced by the body.
The Ayurvedic remedies for rheumatoid arthritis are as follows:
- Boil a cup of mustard oil with camphor in it until the camphor dissolves well. Apply the lukewarm mixture on the affected areas once a day. This helps revive the blood circulation of the affected portion and subsequently reduces the abnormal swelling of the affected joints.
- You can take a few unpeeled slices of potato and soak them in a glass of cold water. Keep it for the night and drink it the next morning on an empty stomach. Do this every day to get rid of the pain.
- Include little amounts of ginger, garlic, and turmeric in your regular meals. This will help to reduce the inflammation and stiffness of the affected joints. Ayurvedic scriptures suggest that you should try and reduce the consumption of fish, red meat, curd, spinach and extremely chilled water as they might cause an imbalance in the ‘vata’.
- Applying a recommended amount of castor oil on the affected region helps reduce the inflammation and thus, the pain.
- A herbal preparation of celery seeds can be consumed daily in order to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pregnancy is a 9-month exhilarating journey, but the road to it is full of bumpers. There will be a sea change in your physical, mental, and emotional health. When you are pregnant, not only you but your entire family becomes conscious of what you eat, whether you are getting proper rest or not, whether you are taking your medicines or not, and many other such minor things. Your lazy husband—a TV buff earlier—who used to spend his energy only in changing channels of TV, suddenly becomes very active in extending help to you in kitchen, in his every possible way. He is willing to run in the middle of the night to fulfill your craving of having a chocolate ice-cream. You mother-in-law who had been busy all the time finding faults with you, suddenly starts showering love upon you. Your nagging boss who would delegate you a new work at 6 in the evening, now takes care that you leave for the day on time. So, count your blessings that you are pregnant!!!
Every mother dreams that a baby born to her is healthy. Healthy diet is one of the important factors towards fulfilling this dream. Time and again you might have been advised that now you should eat for two. It literally does not mean that you have to double your food intake but certainly you will have to double your vitamins and minerals intake. While deciding your diet for this journey, listen more to your brain than to your tongue.
Keep the following principles in mind:
- Increase your frequency of meals rather than taking in at a time. Take 6 meals instead of 3 which becomes easier to digest. If you do not eat frequently, it is likely that your blood sugar may drop which will result in cravings.
- Go for organic food if your pockets permit. Organic food is free from pesticides and toxins and that is what you can be happy about. If not possible, use normal food but make it a point that you wash all the fruits and vegetables at least three times before eating them.
- Avoid canned food – Canning reduces nutrients by 20%, so avoid it. Try to take fresh vegetables as much as possible.
- Balance Vata – Vata is the energy of the nervous system in the body. To balance it, use warm, freshly cooked foods with healthy oils of ghee and olive oil. Avoid eating leftovers as much as possible.
- Foods to Avoid – Avoid hot and spicy food, raw vegetable, undercooked beans and pulses, food with artificial flavours and preservatives.
- Enjoy the three tastes – The three tastes that balance Vata are sweet, sour, and salty. During pregnancy, the sweet taste should be most emphasized, because it is more wholesome for the baby.
- Eat sattvic food like milk and ghee which build ojas in the body – a very important element for nourishment of the baby.
Ayurveda texts mentions the diet regimen under “Garbhiniparicharya” which proposes month by month diet for would be mother.
- First month of pregnancy – The mother should increase the quantity of milk to ensure calcium intake.
- Second month – Herbs like Shatavari should be added to the milk before consuming.
- Third month – Warm glass of milk with honey and ghee in unequal proportions should be taken.
- Fourth month – Start adding little bit fresh butter to your diet.
- Fifth month – Increase the intake of cow ghee in your diet.
- Sixth, seventh month demand that you start taking buttermilk with your meals.
- Eighth month – Take a bowl of milk-based rice pudding daily.
- Ninth month – Take a nutritious and balanced diet, and do not forget to massage your body with oil to have an easy delivery.
Note: This diet should not be taken without consulting an Ayurvedic Physician.