Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Devender KumarYour feedback matters!
My wife facing too much problem on her period she has too mch pain in her stomach and her periods are not periodically come.
Hiii last nyt I had sex with my boyfriend he just bite on my breast very hardly. And now its paining very hard and my nipples hav been turned black. So tell me what to do. And what should I apply.
Hi I am 30 years and wife also, we have a 15 months daughter. Before delivery our sex life was very good. But from last few months my wife showing very less intrest in sex once in a week or some times once in 15 days. Please sugges if there is any medicine like viagra for instant results.
Can pregnant woman have mango? It is a general conception that eating mangoes raise the body temperature and it is not good for the little one. My wife is in her 3rd month and I would like to know if eating mango is safe for her.
I went through normal delivery on 5th feb. Few stitches were given. All sudden today I started feeling pain where stitches were given what to do? Even I feel like I will get faint. Please help.
Being overweight can be as problematic as being underweight. Both the situations can have an effect on the infertility in a woman. Usually, the body stores the sex hormones in the fat layers. That is why, if a person is underweight, she can have infertility issues, as there is not enough storage space for the hormones. In the same way if a person is overweight, then there is an excess of fat tissues and the amount of the hormone estrogen released is usually more than that the body can handle. This leads to a disruption of the chemicals and proteins, leading to adverse reactions and infertility.
Common Weight Related Infertility Reasons
Being overweight is somewhat linked with the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and an increase in estrogen hormone. Also, there is a greater chance of a luteal phase defect. Let us see how these can affect a woman:
- Estrogen: This hormone is produced by the fat cells, and if there is too much of estrogen production, then the body reacts to it in a similar manner when birth control pills are taken. Ovulation may or may not occur, and if it does, it might be inadequate. And the inadequate ovulation leads to luteal phase defect.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): This is basically an endocrine disorder with a combination of many symptoms. Symptoms are pain, irregular cycles, ovulatory pain, ovarian cysts, excessive body hair and heavy menstrual bleeding. Diagnosis for PCOS helps in determining the treatment for weight loss.
- Luteal Phase Defect: The luteal phase refers to the phase between the ovulation and the menses. The ideal time period for this phase is 14 days. LPD is generally caused by improper ovulation, and thus improving the quality of the follicles is necessary to correct the situation.
How Does Being Overweight Affect Conception Rate
As per a study which was published in the British Medical Journal, if women are too lean or too obese, they can have difficulty in conceiving and that fat distribution has an effect on the body. Women who have a large waist-hip ratio have difficulty in conceiving, and apple shaped women also face the same trouble. Usually, women who have PCOS have an apple shaped body.
Risk of Miscarriage Due To Being Overweight
Women suffering from PCOS and obesity have more chances of miscarriage as compared to others. The reason is that women with PCOS have increased LH, which tends to affect the pregnancy. However, it is noticed that even if excess fat does not play any role in pregnancy, women with PCOS have excess weight which creates high risk as compared to the others.
Finding Help for Overweight Issues is a Good Idea
Seeking help if you are overweight is always advisable. Consulting a good gynecologist can help along with weight management and fertility treatment. You shouldn't have any hesitations, and all the questions should be asked freely so as to get a holistic idea of the treatment. The doctor might suggest some tests and also conduct a physical examination of the lymph nodes and the abdomen, to check the ovaries and the uterus. Post physical examination, an internal examination of the cervix to check for infections is done, and if need be, a pap smear might be collected and sent to the lab for culture. At times, a trans-vaginal or an abdominal ultrasound might also be done to rule out the possibilities of abnormalities or others cysts. Tests to check the levels of hormones are also done.
It is always a wise decision to know how being overweight can impact the chances of becoming pregnant. Working towards losing weight and getting it under healthy BMI levels, can lead to the restoration of the hormones and in turn make you healthier.
I had sex with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago and I did not enter my penis into her vagina but pre ejaculation had taken place. She had her periods just after two days of we had sex. Can she be pregnant?
N someday that fertilization occurs only during ovulation period. So if that is the case I have crossed my ovulation period n I shd get my periods as usual.
I had sex on 12th. I checked, I was bleeding. I thought it might be due to the sex. I checked the next day l bleed a bit at night. I thought I'm having my periods but whole day I didn't bleed. Now I again bleed a bit at night and bleed the whole day. I had my periods recently on 28th of may. I'm confused because if it's period why I'm not having it continuously. Please help me.
What will be consequences and side effects if mifepristone and misoprostol had taken without pregnancy and why period is not starting even after 50 days.
Hiiee. I have a question to be asked. I am 23 years old. I had unprotected sex for the first time with my boyfriend in the month of October 2014. The next day i had my urine test which said that i am not pregnant. I had my periods too regularly. But now in the month of March, i missed my periods. Its 25 days and i havent yet got my periods. Are there any chances of me to be pregnant? I am very much worried. Please help.
My husband is 36 years old and i am 33 years old. We have completed 2 years of our marriage, but do not have a child, as my husband is a chain smoker and drinks alot. His medical reports says that he has olny 15% of active sperms. Please help.
With all the parties, late nights and heavy food, the festive season is notorious for weight gain. Along with a decorated tree, Christmas is synonymous with Christmas cake that tastes wonderful, but does nothing for your health and waistline. Store bought Christmas cakes are loaded with sugar and hence if possible, it is always better to bake your Christmas cake at home. As with any other type of food, home cooked food is always healthier than store or restaurant food. This is because you get to control the ingredients of your cake.
So here are a few tips on making a healthy Christmas cake:
- No added sugar: Unlike other cakes, Christmas cake does not really need additional sugar as the fruit inside it adds natural sweetness. Do not sprinkle the fruit in, but maintain a high ratio of fruit to flour. You can include all types of dried fruits, berries, apricots, dates, prunes, pineapples etc. in your cake. Traditionally, these fruits are used in their candied form, but for a healthier version of this cake, try using them in their natural or dehydrated form.
- Almond meal: If you buy a cake, it is likely to be made with refined flour. Refined flour has negligible nutritional value, but is very high on calories. Hence, when you’re baking a cake, consider replacing this flour with almond meal. Almond meal is lower in calories, gluten free and adds moisture to the cake. It is also rich in vitamin E, magnesium and potassium.
- Fresh fruit juice: Along with the pieces of fresh and dried fruit, the juice is also an essential element of Christmas cakes. Avoid opening a can here and instead use freshly squeezed juice as far as possible. Fresh fruit juice has no added sugars and is loaded with vitamins as compared to canned juice. It is also free from preservatives. You can also include the pulp that is extracted while juicing fruits like oranges into your cake.
- Coconut oil: A little oil is a must in cakes to make them moist and spongy. Replace your refined oil with coconut oil when baking a Christmas cake to make it healthier and more wholesome. Coconut oil has a high level of good cholesterol and when used wisely can also reduce the accumulation of fat in the body.
- Sides: Christmas cake is usually served with custard or ice cream; both of which are loaded with sugar and are unhealthy. Consider replacing these sides with natural yoghurt that has been sweetened with a drizzle of honey. Alternatively, you could also try some flavoured greek yoghurt and almond flakes. This will make your dessert light on the stomach and easier to digest.
Bipolar disorder is the medical term for extreme depression and mood swings that are abnormal or too frequent. The mood swings may go from depression to mania, where the symptoms may border on suicidal behaviour, and other such dangerous tendencies. Find out more about Bipolar Disorder with this article.
Main Symptoms: The major symptoms of Bipolar Disorder are hypomania and depression. The patient may swing between these two states on a sudden basis. The dramatic mood swings do not have a set routine or pattern and can strike at any given time. The patient may be in a certain kind of state for a prolonged period like many weeks and months, or can even be in a certain state for a matter of days, before the next mood strikes.
While hypomania is a very severe outcome of Bipolar Disorder, many people do not recognise it as a problem until it gets out of hand. This state can actually make a person feel high on energy where the patient may also achieve all-time highs in terms of productivity and a sense of wellbeing. This state can switch to a state of depression and hopelessness within a matter of days or weeks.
Types: Bipolar Disorder can be categorised into many types, depending on the level and severity of the mood swings. To begin with, Bipolar Disorder has full blown cycles of ups and downs in the mood of the patient. The up mood never really manifests into full fledged mania. This is a more mild form of the disease and the symptoms are often missed.
Rapid Cycling is another form of Bipolar Disease where a patient may experience at least four or even more episodes of major mood swings within a period of 12 months. Further, Mixed Bipolar is a form of the disease where the depression and elevation may come together or in rapid succession of each other. Cyclothymia is another mild form of this mood disorder and comes with subtle changes in one's mood.
Diagnosis and Treatment: While the diagnosis is done by a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist with the help of an examination of the symptoms, the treatment includes long term counselling and therapy as well as medication for more severe cases. The drugs and therapy aim at making the mind more stable with psychotherapy. Drugs like lithium or benzodiazepine can also be prescribed to control sleeplessness and hyperactivity as well as hostility and suicidal tendencies.
Talking and discussing things are the foremost methods used by psychiatrists when it comes to treating this disease. Persistent mood alterations must be run past a specialist in the field.
What are the causes for benign serous cystadenoma? Is this common for girls aging 17-18? And if not common what precautions needs to be taken.
I am 30 weeks pregnant. My fetus position is not normal, head is upward. Please guide me with exercise and other tips for natural position of fetus.
Drooling saliva is an involuntary dripping of saliva with reduction in the sensory awareness necessary for swallowing it. This increased flow of saliva is medically termed as sialorrhoea.
There are various reasons for saliva to drool out.
Increased saliva secretion
Non-closure / improper closure of lips
Down position of head
Lack of coordinated action of muscles of face – while eating, speaking, etc.
Lack of proper movement of tongue / jaw while eating, speaking, etc.
Difficulty in swallowing the saliva
Lack or delay in developing skills related with lifting / turning head, eating, speaking.
Homeopathic treatment – Homeopathy can support one to ease the situation with comfort, Homeopathy has splendid medicines to improve quality of saliva secretions. It can control excessive saliva secretion by recovering normal glandular functions,modify secretions and can streamline saliva by enhancing facial muscles tone, power and nerve stimulations.
Homeopathic medicines commonly used for drooling are Acid nit, Acid Aconite, Anti crud, Apis mel, Ars alb, Arum triphyllum, Baryta carb, Baryta iod, Baryta mur, Bryonia, Calc carb, Cocculus, Hepar sulph, Hyoscyamus, Lachesis, Merc sol, Nat mur, Onosmodium, Opium, Phosphorus, Phytolacco, Pulsastilla, Rhus tox, Sanicula, Silicea, Sulphur, Veratrum alb, etc.
Dr Rushali Angchekar
vaibhavi homoeo clinic