Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepika Makkar
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepika MakkarYour feedback matters!
I was a very good student with sharp memory power. But ftom last 2 3 years my memory power is decreasing I am not able to remember things properly even not lectures. It is effecting my studies my exams my grades. Please give me some suggestions so that I can bring my memory power back. It is effecting my mental as well as social life.
I'm married. I have to go out of my place for a month. Is there any solution to keep myself without sex, as I can't stay single day without sex with my wife. Plus reply.
Sir/mam I am suffering from high bp. I want to can notrol it without taking tablet. I smoke 2 3 cigarette in a day and drink also twice in a week. I am vegetarian. How I can mange it.
Last 3-4 days I am not felling well coz little fever in and out. And l also little body pain. Yesterday night I take sumo paracetamol table bt still I am not feeling well. please help me what I do.
People who are constantly troubled by the fear of physical illness or who excessively feel worried about their health are commonly referred to as hypochondriacs. This phenomenon is called somatic symptom disorder, also known as hypochondria or hypochondriasis. Despite the evidence of medical tests proving that they do not suffer from any disease or illness, hypochondriacs are perpetually worried about their health. This is mainly because of their misinterpretation of minor health problems or normal body functions as something serious. Somatic symptom disorder affects both males and females equally, and it usually happens during early adulthood.
Causes and symptoms: Their complaints may range from minor issues like pain or stress to more serious problems concerning breathing or headaches. Hypochondriacs rarely try to deceive themselves, and they genuinely believe that they have health problems, however unrealistic their beliefs might be. The exact causes are indefinite and unknown, but they generally arise from considerable physical or sexual abuse in their early childhood. Moreover, parents or close relatives suffering from the disorder may also induce such fears into the child, who would eventually behave in a similar pattern later in adulthood.
Diagnosis: Diagnosis of the disorder can be very troublesome, mainly because of their inherent conviction that they are suffering from physical illness. However, the disorder can be treated through proper supportive care or psychotherapy. Antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs are also used sometimes.
Dealing with the disorder: Hypochondria can often lead to a chronic condition, which can be long lasting. Although there are no definite ways of preventing it, there is one method to reduce the intensity of the symptoms and help patients cope up with the disorder. It is by providing them a supportive and understanding environment, one in which they can fight the distress and trouble that comes along with the somatic symptom disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Depression in adults is a lot different from depression in younger people. Adults have the overburdening thrust to believe they should be able to deal with any situation, however, adverse of their own accord. This pushes them to such a point that they bottle up worries and anxieties making themselves vulnerable to depression. Reaching out for help is almost a wager; lost before a fair trial. An elderly person could remain depressed due to varied reasons, but the cause is seldom remorse. Assuming the cause as sadness, it could depress your loved ones even more.
Take a look at the following factors that can depress older adults:
1. Serious ailments like stroke, cancer, diabetes, thyroid and so on so forth.
2. The loss of a dear friend or a family member.
3. Excessive work pressure.
4. Stagnation in personal life, passions and goals.
5. Lack of motivation to do the slightest of things.
To prevent depression in adults the following ways should be kept in mind:
1. Interaction is the key principle: Adults might need to talk. Being a grown -up doesn't mean you don't need suggestions and advice of your friends and relatives. Try to interact with a person who you think is depressed.
2. Try to identify medical conditions and look for reliable treatment: Medical illnesses like cancer or diabetes can take a toll on your mental strength. It can discourage you from living life with full vigor and energy. Thus medical conditions should be treated with due care and a person suffering should be encouraged to take professional psychological consultation.
3. Providing a person with space is mandatory: Adults hate being domineered or patronized. When they need space they should be allowed to be alone. It could help them deal with depression better. Staying alone doesn't always involve loneliness. People might need to clarify things to their own selves or might even need time to introspect.
4. Make a depressed person take care of a pet: The presence of a pet in the household can relieve its members of accumulating stress. An adult when made to take care of a pet has added responsibilities and will naturally have less scope to wallow in their own sorrow. A pet gives a person the love and affection he or she had been lacking all along.
5. Humor is a wonderful pill: Create opportunities to make a person laugh. Share jokes or make them watch funny shows.
6. Ensure the person gets enough sleep: A full night's sleep is extremely important. Insufficient relaxation can push you towards depression.