Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra PathkarYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, My mom is getting knee pain for last 3 months Doctor is giving painkiller tab We had done ex ray but he is telling at this age it will happen My mom age is 55. Dr. has given exercise but no effect Please tell me what to do or medicine I don't want painkiller tab, it get relief but all her face become big I means sujj jata hay. Let me know what to do.
I had played basketball and cricket. My legs now paining severely. I can barely walk. Pain is mainly in the heel and tibia. Advice me some exercise and diet to make them strong again.
I am 35 year old and I am suffering to left side leg pain since 8 month when I take the pain killer the problem it's solve but after day once again it's starting the pain.
I m suffered by back pain. When I suffered on up. Download time I face more problem When I in garden.
I am 63 years old male diabetic. I am on insulin both morning and night. Human mixtard 30/70 18-0-15units, insultard 5-0-5 units. Taking following tablets glynace mf 1-0-1tab atrovastin 10mg 0-0-1 tab tested blood sugar hba1c -8 in march 2015. Now a days I am having severe pain in my groin when I put pressure on my left leg. Also my left hip, left knee are paining. What do you advice?
I met with an accident 1 year ago and fractured my right arm but after complete rest and proper care it still hurts me whenever lifting heavy weight. What should I do?
I have pain in my back bone. How I felt release from this problem. You slso suggest me the solution of this problem.
One part of the human body is essential for the efficient functioning of another. The hip joint provides support to your overall body weight while you are at ease or in motion. Suffering from medical problems pertaining to the hip can impede free movement; walking, running, stooping, sitting or even lying down will cause immense pain and discomfort in such a situation. While certain bodily disabilities come with old age and are in most cases unavoidable; some others can actually be controlled through physical exercise.
Take a look at a few stretches to improve your hip mobility:
- Stretch like a pigeon: This yoga loosens up muscle tension in and around a person's hip. Your right leg must be stretched behind while the upper part of your body bends over a folded left leg in front. Your head rests on your coupled hands. This stretch improves the shape of your hip as well.
- Try to be an eagle for hip firmness: To align your body in the perfect eagle pose; you probably need to be a conjurer; that is the kind of flexibility the posture requires. Be a half-chair making your hands intersect above your head while your left leg crosses the right one. The pressure is on your hip making it strong. Your body has to be in one single line.
- Sit in the chair pose: Crouching on your haunches with your torso inclined to the front is a good way to better hip mobility. This exercise also relieves you of back pain. It adds potency to the muscles of your upper thighs thus giving a well- rounded hip extra support.
- Stoop in the downward doggy pose: The downward doggy pose helps you concentrate on the fullness of your hips. The back muscles are stretched and the problem of a small, rickety hip is dealt with through this yoga. Your legs should be erect at the knees and should be stretched apart depending upon the width of your hip. The rest of your body should bend in a forward arch while your spread hands touch the ground.
- Try out the benefits of World's Greatest Stretch: World's greatest stretch involves a series of stretches that not only accentuates your hipline making your hip muscles adaptable to stress but also tones muscles in other parts of your body. It is a three- fold exercise. The second step is the most difficult where your body is balanced on a half folded right leg and you're required to touch the ground with your right elbow.
I am 31 years of age and these days I feel a lot of pain in my right leg. Especially at the back of knee to the lower part of the leg. It pains a lot as I get up in the morning and lessen as the day progress.
Nerve impinged at c5 c6 , annular buldges at c3 c4 to c5 c6. Vitamin d 18.5. Age is 27 years male. Pain radiating till foot. But few saying its sciatica and few denying. Pls help.
Sir, I am 30 years old. I weigh 95 kgs. I am reasonably active with daily gym. My job involves siting long hours. Lately, I have developed lower back pain and feel tired when I wake up in the morning. I feel this only in my mattress. When I sleep on a different reasonably hard mattress, I don't feel any pain or any tiredness. My mattress is more than 5 years old. I guess it's probably because of the sagging in the mattress. Kindly advice me what kind of mattress should I go for? Any particular make or brand/model.
I have a back pain means opposite to my chest in back I can not turn my hands 360 why when I throw ball regular so my hand start to pain very much.
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days and the catch is that there is no identified cure for the disease.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia problem. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rain water-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of pain killers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is highly recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.