Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Kumar Gupta
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok Kumar GuptaYour feedback matters!
He was good. He listens our queries properly and our time also saves by lybrate.
I had LASIK operation in vasan eye care 2010, my eye is only fresh and clear vision only on morning when evening time start I got such irritation my eye become dried, night vision also not clear. I am mariner my eye vision is very important for my career please suggest me what do I do now.
I am having headache from last one week initially I thought it could be due to eye side consulted the doctor and complete check up was done no. Was increased and new glasses were made 2 days back pain was still there in spite of full time glass wearing then I realised it may be due to spondylitis as I had this long back which got corrected as I do yoga for 45 mins daily since 2002 and I started walking for almost 8500 plus steps from last 15 days please suggest what to do when I do neck exercise I get relief but after some time pain exist. Your view and advise please.
Mere face ke left side me halka sa bharipan hai and left eye ke niche thodi swealling hai also left hand me be thodi weakness si feel hoti hai iska kya reason ho skta hai?
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.