Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dermatologists online in Faridabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Archit Aggarwal
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Vitiligo
Face Hair Removal Procedures
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Pigmentation Disease
Treatment of Skin & related Disorders
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Keloid
Skin Diseases Treatment
Wart Removal Technique
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archit AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It was a nice experience.. got the treatment done in very short period, very effective.
Its a good experience with Dr. Archit Aggarwal have a good knowledge
Scabies is a type of a skin condition that is characterized by itching and rashes. This dermatological condition is caused by sarcoptes scabiei, a type of microscopic mite. A contagious condition, scabies spreads through physical contact. It usually transmits through clothes, towels, sexual contact and other such ways. An estimate shows that scabies infect over 300 million humans worldwide per year.
This eight-legged microscopic mite creates a tunnel in the human skin and lays eggs in it. These larvae move under the surface of the skin and spread across the whole body, once hatched. Dogs, cats and mice can also be affected by the disease. It usually takes 2-6 weeks for the symptoms to develop. Signs and symptoms of scabies involve itching, rashes, sores and thick crusts on the surface of the skin.
Some of the risk factors of scabies are:
1. Scabies spreads through direct, prolonged skin-to-skin contact with a person who has mites.
2. An infected person can easily pass scabies to his/her household or sexual partners. Scabies in adults is usually sexually acquired.
3. The likelihood of scabies increases easily under crowded conditions which involves close body and skin contact. Nursing homes, prisons, and several types of care facilities are sites of scabies outbreaks.
4. Immunocompromised, elderly and disabled people also suffer from an increased likelihood of contracting such.
Complications of scabies include:
1. Persistent and vigorous scratching can break the surface of your skin which can lead to secondary bacterial infections. Impetigo, a superficial infection is quite a common occurrence in case of such.
2. Crusted scabies is the most severe form of scabies which is common among certain groups. People suffering from diseases such as HIV or leukemia and severely ill people who have weakened immune systems are at a higher risk of contracting this condition. This condition, also known as Norwegian scabies is very contagious and also hard to cure.
Depending on the symptoms and severity of the condition, appropriate medications and creams are prescribed by medical professionals. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The skin is a major organ. It protects the human body from coming in contact with germs, infections and microbes; it helps you feel sensations and also adjusts your body temperature. Keeping in mind the range of functions performed by this organ, you should take good care of it. A healthy diet and a few healthy habits can add an extra edge to your skin. Try to know about these seven fruits that successfully better your skin.
Pomegranate juice can work wonders for your skin. It can heal lines and freckles on being used regularly. The fruit contains polyphenols that counter free radicals and increase blood flow. It makes your skin healthy through detoxification. Pomegranates can prevent as well as treat skin damages caused by ultraviolet rays of the sun. The peel of the fruit used along with seed oil encourages cell growth and hinders wrinkles naturally. It averts enzymes which break down collagen and make your skin look younger.
Whether you like the taste of it or not, care to include this fruit in your beauty regime for its many benefits. It contains amino acids that are known to increase your skin elasticity. The fruit also contains Zinc and Potassium. While Zinc fights against bacterial infection and prevents Acne, Potassium hydrates a dehydrated skin. Do not throw away banana skins; the inside of a banana skin when rubbed on your face can make it glow.
This juicy, refreshing fruit refreshes your skin as well. It contains astringent that can naturally tone your skin. It revitalizes dull and boring skin. When you return home after a tiring day, it is best to cleanse your face with a refrigerated slice of this fruit. The red fruit controls signs of aging because of its carotene content. It is also known to prevent blisters on your skin when applied on a regular basis.
Pigmentation is a serious problem that many of us suffer from. Treating the problem through medication works but daily skin care is also needed. Mashed papaya helps in smoothening rough skin. It makes your skin really supple. Many tend to develop wrinkles at an early age. This hampers confidence as you are constantly worried about the way you look. Applying papaya masks can actually control wrinkles.
Kiwi is known to contain omega- 3 fatty acids; these acids defend your skin from germs. They prevent you from horrible skin infections. However, the fruit prevents your skin from sagging. It is rich in Vitamin C which again helps in producing collagen. Kiwi checks the levels of sebum excretion reducing the chances of having a sticky face.
If you are tired of the blackheads on your skin, you have a home remedy to deal with it. Oranges are brilliant in extracting blackheads. Orange juice is also known to lighten one's skin tone. It reduces blemishes and treats acne. Consuming the fruit or its juice regularly can give you a radiant skin.
You should wholeheartedly believe in the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away". Apples are good for your skin as they have a BLT effect. Apples brighten and lighten your skin. They provide protection against tanning. The fruit acts effectively on your skin by doing away with the pathogens and excess oils.
Are you suffering from hair loss? Don't just blame your genes for that. A plethora of reasons ranging from hormonal imbalance to thyroid or nutritional deficiency can lead to hair loss. Hair fall and baldness can hamper your self-confidence and push you to a pessimistic and gloomy world of hopelessness. Your hair is the x-factor that influences your personality and sets you apart from others. But, what should you do to tackle hair loss and boost hair growth? Well, there are several ways to get rid of this problem. There are several home based remedies to stop hair fall and enhance growth of hair. Some of these remedies have been listed below:
- Fenugreek: You might be surprised to know that the seeds of fenugreek contain hormone antecedents. These help in repair of hair follicles. The seeds are also rich in nicotinic acid that promotes growth of hair. Fenugreek seeds should be soaked in water overnight and then make a paste by grinding them. This paste should be applied on the scalp and left for about 30 minutes. The paste should then be rinsed off with only water, avoid application of shampoo or any other cleaning agent.
- Aloe Vera: It is a very useful home remedy in tackling issues related to the hair. It helps in maintain and restoring the pH balance of the scalp. It has a slightly alkaline property. Gel formed out of aloe vera is also helpful in getting rid of dandruff. The gel should be applied to the scalp for 45 minutes and then washed with water. This treatment must be followed for at least twice or thrice a week for best results.
- Oil massage: Insufficient supply of nutrients to the hair can lead to loss of hair. Therefore, it is always a wise idea to massage the scalp with hot oil to provide enough nutrients to the scalp and improve the flow of blood in the head. It is usually recommended to massage the scalp and hair strands with oil rich in vitamin E, such as olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil for 45 minutes. Thereafter, you can wash away the excess oil by applying shampoo.
- Coconut milk: It is rich in fats and proteins. It helps in the growth of hair and prevents loss. For best results, grind the coconut pulp to get milk out of it and then apply it to the scalp and hairs. Leave the milk for over 30 minutes and then wash it off with shampoo for preventing thinning of hairs.
- Diet plan: You need to take care of your diet first in order to add volume to your hairs. Include vegetables rich in iodine like nori, dulse, kombu and wakame in your meals. Iodine helps in proper functioning of the thyroid gland and quite essential for healthy hair. Fatty acids are also essential for hair growth. It is advised to consume adequate amounts of nuts, fish and avocados for healthy hairs.
- Along with a healthy hair diet, it is important that you exercise properly as it will ensure that there is proper blood flow to your scalp and will help in the growth of hair.
- Treat your hair delicately. Avoid unnecessary brushing, combing or handling. Use a soft, round bristles brush.
- Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
- Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
- Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.
- Avoid Stress as it is the major cause of hair loss.
Seborrheic dermatitis refers to a kind of chronic skin rash affecting the scalp or face of a person. It has symptoms similar to that of eczema. Excess oil and greasiness could lead to this condition. This is a commonly noticed condition among children and adults. Seborrheic dermatitis is characterized by red patches, persistent dandruff, and flaking skin. This kind of skin disorder needs immediate treatment as neglecting the upsetting signs can turn out to be fatal; you may face a neurological breakdown after suffering for days together.
Take a look at the causes of Seborrheic Dermatitis:-
1. This skin disease could develop in response to psoriasis. Inflammatory responses often result in reddish patches on the skin.
2. Malassezia could cause Seborrheic Dermatitis. Malassezia is a type of yeast present in the oil secretions of a human body.
3. Such a condition could be worsened by the predominant weather conditions. Extreme winters or early spring can make your skin peel off.
Symptoms a person may face:-
1. The first and foremost symptom is red colored skin. The skin will appear as itchy and tender.
2. A stinging sensation is experienced in affected areas. The pain could be serious enough to prevent you from working or resting.
3. The eyelids of a person are at times under threat. This condition is more popularly known as blepharitis. The skin of your eyelids becomes red and crusted.
4. Dandruff can be found on your beard and moustache and even on your eyebrows.
5. Oily, flaky skin can be found on the scalp, ears, face, chest, armpits and also on the scrotum.
Skin disorders are taken lightly by most people. Many fail to realize how important skin is to the rest of our biological system. Skin is the primary barrier to all kinds of infections and diseases. A person should be aware of possibilities that can happen to trigger a skin condition like Seborrheic Dermatitis. Poking acne or scratching the skin of one's face, diabetes or obesity, psychological trauma, and weak immunity as noticed among patients of pancreatitis can actually increase your risk of contracting this disorder. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Cold sores alternatively known as fever blisters is a viral infection which usually occurs around the mouth.They occur in patches and heal within 2 to 4 weeks usually without leaving behind any scars. Cold sores are contagious and can be spread from person to person via close contact. Read on more to find all about them.
Usually cold sores passes through multiple stages.
-Tingling and itching: People usually experience a tingling, burning sensation around the lips prior to blisters which may appear within a day or two after such a sensation.
-Blisters: These blisters are small, filled with fluids and usually break out along the border of the skin and the lips. They can also occur around the nose or cheeks.
-Oozing and crusting: The blisters have a tendency to burst which leaves shallow open sores which then usually crust over.
Strands of the herpes simplex virus (HSV-1) typically cause cold sores. In some instances HSV-2 can also cause cold sores. Cold sores are most contagious when they are in the form of oozing blisters. It can spread by sharing the same utensils, kissing, sharing towels and razors and also oral sex. Cold sores can be triggered due to several factors such as stress, fatigue, fever, hormonal changes and changes in the immune system.
About 90% of adults worldwide test positive for this virus. People who have a weakened immune system are more prone to be infected by the virus. For example people suffering from eczema, AIDSand severe burns have a higher chance of contracting cold sores.
In certain cases cold sores affect other parts of the body. Fingertips, hands, and some other parts of the body are affect by both HSV-1 and HSV-2 in some instances. It can also cause eye infections which can lead to blindness or may even spread to the spinal cord and the brain in people who have a very weak immune system.
Cold sores have no treatment and they usually clear up without any medication within 2 to 4 weeks. However certain antiviral medications are present which speed up the healing process. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Acne can be frustrating and annoying. A lot of unnecessary chaos can be avoided if people get the facts right.
1. Myth: Adults do not suffer from acne problems
Truth: While acne outbreaks are common amongst teenagers, adults are not spared either. In adults, the acne problems are essentially of two types; the late onset acne and the persistent acne. In many cases, it has been observed that the acne problems appear at a later period, mostly after 23 to 25 years of age (late onset acne). At other times, the unwanted acne outbreaks that mark its appearance during the teenage years linger for a longer period (persistent acne type).
2. Myth: A person's eating habits and lifestyle has no role to play in acne
Truth: Lifestyle and eating habits can influence a person's health. Excessive intake of sweets and simple carbohydrates can worsen the acne. Stress, fatigue, lack of proper sleep, can also aggravate the already frustrating acne problem.
3. Myth: Acne results from dirty skin, with adult men and women being equally affected
Truth: The Pilosebaceous unit of the skin plays a pivotal role in acne outbreaks. The oil producing gland (Sebaceous gland) of this unit acts as the main control. Certain hormones regulate the activity and size of this gland. An increase in the size of the sebaceous gland results in an increased oil secretion. The skin pores become very sticky. These pores serve as a host, into which the acne causing bacteria, P. acnes multiples.
4. Myth: Acne can spread from one person to another
Truth: More than often, acne is seen as a contagious dermatological problem. Though caused by the bacteria P. acnes, acne is not contagious. It is rather foolish to maintain a distance from the affected individual.
5. Myth: Acne is a minor problem and needs no medical intervention
Truth: Going for self-medication can do the acne more harm than good. Acne is influenced by a number of internal as well as external factors (stress, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyle). For an effective treatment, it is important to identify the root cause. It is best to consult a dermatologist at the earliest.
6. Myth: In case of acne, the face should be frequently washed and cleansed
Truth: Ideally, the face should be washed twice daily with a gentle cleanser. Some people get eternal pleasure in squeezing the heads of the spot. This can damage your skin beyond repair.
Do not allow acne problems to affect your self-confidence. Acne can be cured. Do not fall for the baseless myths. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!