Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Faridabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali JainYour feedback matters!
Our baby is diagnosed with complete AVSD at 13 weeks. Is this curable or the only option is to terminate the baby. Please help.
My son is 3 years old, he doesn't eat anything, we use hungry syrup, but no change, we are worrying about him, please give me a best suggestion for him, and one more thing he is always crying, what is the reason for crying?
Fever is returning in every 4 hrs for my 17 months old baby . We have been giving him ibugesic plus . Kindly advise asap.
I have thyroid from last 2 years. Is my new born baby also get it. Now her age is 4 months. If she has what is the solution?
At the time of birth my baby didnt cry immediately. After 2 to 3 min only he cried. whether it will be a problem in future? He is 5 months old now?
It's observed infection in her stool microscopic report she is taking now ciplox 250 tab is this a effective medicine?
It is sad to hear of a loved one suffering, but it is downright painful if that someone is your own child. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a condition which was not paid much attention to for many years. The fact remains, however, that ADHD is something that can adversely affect the life of your child and their relationships. One example is Olympian Michael Phelps, who had been diagnosed with this disorder. In order to know if a child does suffer from it, it is important to pay attention to a few signs.
Signs You Must Not Ignore
- To start off, if a child seems to be fidgety all the time, it is a good sign that there is a chance that he or she may have ADHD. While it is true that children often display feelings of excitement as well as a degree of restlessness most of the time, the ability of a child suffering from ADHD to sit still, quite literally, surpasses any normal standards for even a very restless child who does not have ADHD.
- As a matter of fact, most children who are diagnosed with the disorder are diagnosed by the time they are 7 or 8 years old. For many kids, this has something to do with the signs that are displayed once they join school, which are related to their behavioural habits. For example, children who have ADHD are likely to show their inability to await their turn in a group activity. As a result, they are likely to interrupt not only their peers, but also their teachers to say express their thoughts.
- For those who are not well versed with this issue that so many children face, the behaviour of a child with ADHD come across as being outright selfish. However, this is really not the case. In many cases, since children with ADHD find it difficult to follow plans and set out tasks, their inability to do so is often considered as lack of intelligence. Such judgements can lower the morale of the child and make him or her feel inadequate, insecure and left out.
Many children who have ADHD are not loud and usually do not stand out in a group. Rather, they are more likely to be the quiet ones who daydream. All this can have major effects on the academic record of the child, and it is fair to say that he or she is quite likely to under perform compared to the rest of the students in the class.
If you see any of these signs, do not be alarmed. However, do seek a doctor’s opinion to know for sure if your child has ADHD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am looking for the cost of recommended vaccination after the age of 5 years of a child. I am looking for injection cost for MMR2, Varicella 2 etc.
My baby is 1. 5 month old and weights 12 kg. His palms and feets sometimes becomes hot without reason is it normal.
My baby girl has 8 months now, and her weight is 575GMs only. How to improve her weight. Is there any medicine for weight growth. She don't eat home made mixed cerelac and instant cerelac also she like to drink formula milk and banana only. How to change her habits and how to improve her weight. Please guide me.
My Son 10 years old suffering with thyroid from last 5 years, his weight is very high, how it will effect to his health. Provide tips to take care of him.
I have 8 month old baby. Usne 4 days se poty nai ki h. Is it normal or should I consult any doctor. Regards.
According to most experts, Depression and Diabetes have been intricately connected in a vicious cycle. While the prolonged and sustaining nature of diabetes directly makes one vulnerable to the bouts of depression, doctors tend to locate traces of depression in the family history of an individual in order to diagnose the roots of diabetes. It won't be too far-fetched to state that both causes as well as affects the other.
If you have diabetes, either type 1 or type 2, you have an increased risk of developing depression. And if you're depressed, you may have a greater chance of developing type 2 diabetes. The good news is that diabetes and depression can be treated together. And effectively managing one can have a positive effect on the other.
How Diabetes and Depression Correlated?
There are myriad ways in which diabetes affects depression and vice versa.
Firstly, tackling such a long drawn disease and its various pitfalls might cause a lot of anxiety to one and lead to depression. Whereas on the other hand, depression reduces the zeal to live and thus results in poor lifestyle choices which in turn causes weight gain, unhealthy food habits, physical inactivity. As we are well aware, all these have the potential to wreak havoc for any patient of diabetes.
Similarly, diabetes ushers in various other health complications, adversely impacting one's productivity. This may cause depression in a lot of people.
On the flipside, depression impedes one's ability and enthusiasm to work or communicate, this in turn intervenes with one's monitoring of diabetes. Since these two extremely malevolent diseases have such close connections, medical science recommends ways to grapple with both. The rigors of managing diabetes can be stressful and lead to symptoms of depression.
Diabetes can cause complications and health problems that may worsen symptoms of depression.
Depression affects your ability to perform tasks, communicate and think clearly. This can interfere with your ability to successfully manage diabetes.
Treatment: Depression is just like any other illness, it can be treated. Treatment can lift the depression and improve diabetes control.
Looking after your diabetes will help decrease the risk of getting depression. If you already have depression, good diabetes management will help lessen the negative impacts it can have. Depression is no different to any of the other complication of diabetes. It is a genuine illness for which you need to seek help and support from health professionals.
The treatment for depression and diabetes involves a coordinated approach that monitors both diabetes control and the symptoms of depression. It is about finding the treatment that works best for each person. For example, people with diabetes and mild depression may find that regular physical activity improves depressed moods and also helps control blood glucose levels.
If you suspect you might have depression, take control of your health by:
- Going to a doctor or other health professional
- Getting involved in social activities
- Engaging in regular moderate physical activity
- Learning about depression and diabetes
- Very particular about medicines prescribed for Diabetes
- Eating healthily and including a wide variety of nutritious foods
- Achieving and maintaining healthy weight
- Limiting your alcohol intake
- Getting help, support and encouragement from family and friends
- Asking your doctor to check your blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose levels If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Are you looking for an ideal treatment and management for various kinds of headaches? Do you suffer from migraine headaches? You should opt for Ayurvedic treatment, which is considered to be very effective in dealing with headaches of various types.
Migraine is a form of headache that is known as Sooryavata according to Ayurvedic principles. Such headaches worsen during sunrise, peak during the afternoon and tend to reduce during evening. Migraine occurs because of an excessive stimulation of blood vessels in the brain. A person affected with migraine is likely to experience nausea and vomiting, along with a throbbing headache on one side of the head. Migraine headaches can be caused due to hormonal changes, allergy from certain food items or excess stress. Apart from regular exercises and a proper diet, the most effective Ayurvedic remedies for dealing with migraine headaches are as follows:
- Shirolepa or the applications of herbal pastes on the head is effective for pacifying pitta dosha. Camphor, jatasmansi, and sandalwood are also effective.
- Shiro Dhara, an Ayurvedic therapy, where a thin stream of liquid is poured over your scalp is helpful.
- Taila dhara is effective for migraine headaches as well, in which oils such as chandanadi taila and ksheerabala taila are used for treatment.
Cluster headaches refer to headaches on one side of the head. It is known as Suryavartham according to Ayurveda. These consist of a series of short, but painful headaches, stretched over weeks or months together. Such headaches occur because of disruptions in the nervous system. Usually, the pain starts early in the morning in the eyes. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the management of cluster headaches. Some of them are as follows:
- Use an ointment or paste made of dried ginger and Kermpferia.
- Use a paste of Indian aloe vera ,asafoetida and coriander for pain relief.
- Grind cumin seeds and mix it with lemon juice. Keep the mixture on the painful area of your head for quick relief.
- Have coconut water.
Any form of headache, which tends to reoccur after some time instead of ending is referred to as recurrent headache. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the effective management of recurrent headaches. They as are as follows:
- Boil one teaspoon of haritaki powder in water and drink it.
- Massage your neck gently using warm calamus root oil.
- Lie down with your nostrils parallel to the ceiling, and apply sesame oil in your nostrils. This is known as nasal therapy.
There are several other Ayurvedic remedies that are effective in dealing with all forms of headaches. You should consult an Ayurvedic practitioner for getting the most ideal remedy for your problem.