Quad Screening Treatment
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Management of Postnatal Care
Treatment of Menstrual Disorders In Adolescent Gir
Treatment for Congenital Diseases
Treatment for Congenital Disorders
Management of New Born Care
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
CSF Rhinorrhea Surgery
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Treatment of Limping Child
Treatment Of Fractures And Other Injuries In Child
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Submit a review for Mannat Multi Speciality ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr.Nishant Mahajan is a such an experienced doctor and listens to worried parents calmly. Advices what's the best for child. All queries are well answered giving a valid explanation.
There is no words to describe the experience. He is like a saviour for kids
I am satisfied and happy with the medicine provided for my baby
Is your child undergoing Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders (PIDDs)? If you are tired of seeing your child suffering with regular cold and cough which could be solely due to a lack of nutrients in the diet, resulting in low immunity of the body. Adopting healthy habits by cutting back on junk food while including healthy items will help raise your child’s immunity levels immensely.
Some of the best foods to include in the diet to increase the immunity of your child are mentioned below:
Eggs, pulses, lean meats and other healthy protein: Immunity buildup may be disrupted if there isn’t enough protein in your diet. Milk protein in cow’s milk or dairy products like butter and cheese, animal protein in lean meats such as chicken and ovo-protein in eggs are highly beneficial and raise immunity levels.
Fish for immunity build up: Fish is a great immunity builder and also helps in making the brain work more efficiently. Fish meat contains lean proteins as well as essential omega-3 acids which help properly regulate many functions within the body raising immunity.
Stay healthy with yogurt: There are a lot many flavored varieties of curd or yogurt that your child may like and which is also considered as a power food source. It helps reduce gastrointestinal illnesses. However, try and go for the less flavored ones as they would have lesser amounts of processed sugar.
Oats and Barley for your rescue: The reason why oats and barley are healthy alternatives, especially for children is because they are composed of beta-glucan (fibre containing antioxidants and antimicrobial properties). This helps in avoiding constipation thus cleaning the intestine and hence avoiding the buildup of harmful bacteria within the body.
Fruit toppings are delicious: Fruits are not limited to mangoes, apples and bananas only. Darker the color of the fruit, greater is the nutritional value. Berries, peaches, melons, pomegranates etc, can and should also be included in your fruit intake as they are healthy as well as tasty.
Vegetables can be tasty too: Growing children require leafy green vegetables for physical and mental development as they contain zinc, iron and folic acid. Foods like fenugreek leaves and spinach are an example of vitamin rich food items. You can include spinach and other vegetables in a clever manner by making the food interesting so that children would want to eat it willingly.
Carrots to fight infection: Carrots are beneficial for good eyesight and protection from infections. With carrot intake it becomes quite difficult for the bacteria and germs to ender the blood vessels. This can be made into a salad or craved figuring to make it interesting to the kids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Complementary feeding is for infants who are shifting gradually to table food from mother's milk by time they are one year old.
There are 3 principles which are to be adhered so that the transition is easy for the baby.
1. Easy things first: This means that easily digestible food is to be administered first and then we can move on to complex food substances.
2. Start something new, one at a time: when introducing the baby to a new food item, the same food should be given at stretch for around ten days at about the same time.
3. New things in the morning: Before 1 o'clock. In case the child has a pain in the abdomen, vomits or has an allergic reaction to any food, this will leave you with enough time to handle the situation.
Supplementary food has to be served in a bowl or a glass or given orally with a spoon, never through a feeding bottle. You are allowed to create a distraction in order to feed the baby but force feeding is not allowed.
Start with soup first: Dal (split green gram: moong) water and soup made out of any 3 vegetables. Begin with clear soup and then gradually shift on to puree of the vegetables. After 10 days, you could start giving fruit in the morning. Best fruit to start with is banana. In the beginning, banana can be given with warm milk. You can give mango in the summers. And give an apple by boiling it after peeling off the skin. This is called stewed apple.
Rice is very easy to digest, so you can start feeding rice also. Hence precooked rice, mashed khichdi, pulaw, kheer can be given to bring about variety. Other cereals like wheat, barley, ragi, oats and corn can also be the choice there on. From 9 months, the child can be given 3 meals a day comprising of (1 cereal, 1 fruit and 1 misc. Keep in mind not to add sugar and salt in the food. Also no nuts, no non vegetarian food, no citrus fruit should be given. This can cause allergy.
Wheat is also known to cause allergy, hence it should be given only after 6 months. The amount of food served, should be decided by the child based on his hunger and habit.
Happy eating, happy weaning!
My son having high grade fever of 102 103 frm past 1 day he is given advent forte 3.5 ml. For tonsil inflammation and his urine culture is awaited. From past sometime he is taking antibiotics every alternate month. Is it safe to give him given the antibiotics abuse notion circulating around. We have tried so many things to increase hia immunity but all go in vein.
Children might vomit after meals due to various causes. While they may not be life threatening or potentially harmful to the child, getting to the bottom of the problem to deal with it is better, so as to prevent it from becoming a chronic problem is definitely vital.
Listed below are some of the most common reasons children might throw up:
- Gastroenteritis: This may be virus, bacteria and parasite induced. The best way to deal with it is to eat clean food and wash hands with an antiseptic soap prior to each meal. It is usually seen in combination with diarrhoea.
- Allergies: Some children who throw up might do so as it is allergy induced. To diagnose the cause of food induced vomiting, the allergens must be noticed as soon as possible as there might be more than one food ingredient causing the reaction in the child. Each time the child throws up, the parents must note down all the food ingredients consumed by the child. This helps the paediatrician in better diagnosing the underlying cause of vomiting. In children up to the age of 4, foods such as rice, poultry, milk and soy often act as triggers and it is called ‘food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome’ (FPIES).
- Backing up of food: Anti peristalsis or the backward movement of food along the digestive tract might happen in children for a host of reasons. The digestive tract has muscles which prevent the backward flow of food and instead, force the food downwards i.e. from mouth to anus. Due to children having weaker musculature in their digestive tract, regurgitation might be a frequent occurrence.
- Reflux: Swallowing large amounts of air while eating can make the child bloated leading to reflux. Reflux can also take place if the baby is being overfed.
If the child is frequently throwing up after meals, keeping them hydrated is of utmost importance. Unless a doctor prescribes them anti-vomiting medicines, they shouldn’t be administered to children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Protect yourself and your daughter against the most deadly cancer today.... Get immunized against Cervical cancer- the only vaccine preventable cancer.
PS: In India 1 woman dies every 7 minute due to cervical cancer.