Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Patient Review Highlights
best hair transplant surgeon.. Give me a new look.. Hair fa control..thanks dr devesh..recommend to others. .dont go to any where..
Best hair doctor. . Wonerful nature.. Helpful nature. Proper treatment. .no money minded doctor.. 100 % satisfaction rate.. Really good person & doctor. Thanks dr devesh. . Hop u remember me doc.
Premature hair thinning, receding hairline, increased hair fall and various other problems are all related to your scalp are directly proportional to your psychological health. Being overly concerned about one's physical appearance does not always result from vanity. It could be the plain and simple desire of being acceptable to oneself. Today, surgeons are capable of transplanting and extracting large number of hair follicles.
The reasons when one may opt for a hair transplant are:
- Traction alopecia: This type of hair loss occurs due to exertion of external pressure on the hair, which may cause it to fall. If the hair does not grow back then it would result in a bald patch. Thus, you may opt for a hair transplant procedure if you suffer from this disorder and experience loss of hair.
- Involutional alopecia: It is a form of alopecia where the hair growth tends to decrease due to ageing resulting in thinning and shorter hair. The follicles remain in the telogen phase (resting phase) for an extended amount of time. You may opt for a hair transplant surgery to correct this disorder.
- Trichotillomania: This is a psychological condition where a person pulls out his/her hair. If excessive hair is lost, resulting in bald spots, then you may opt for hair transplant surgery.
Hair transplant surgery is naturally a lasting and safe treatment for hair loss, as the chances for your body to reject the intervention in the form of implanted hair is minimal. This is because the technique that is used involves taking your own hair out from the follicle roots, (mostly from areas like the neck or the back and sides of your head) where they are not needed so much and place them in specially designed holes in the bald areas. Since no external factors are involved, the body does not tend to reject the transplant.
Hair is a person's crowning glory and to witness bald spots emerge or thinning hair can be a nightmare for many. Thankfully, with advances in cosmetic surgery, this is not something you need to settle for. With a hair implant or a hair transplant surgery, you can easily cover bald spots and thicken thin hair. So which one should you go for? At the onset, hair implants and hair transplants seem to be synonyms.
While both address baldness and thinning hair, this is not the case. Getting a hair implant involves implanting synthetic hair into the scalp while a hair transplant involves the removal of hair follicles from one part of the scalp and implanting them into another part of the scalp.
Here are a few ways the two procedures differ:
- Look: Hair implants involve synthetic hair and hence can never look completely natural. A hair implant is often compared to a wig that has been fixed to your scalp. On the other hand, a hair transplant uses your own hair and hence merges with your existing hair. With time, no one will be able to tell if you've had a hair transplant while with hair implants.
- Grooming: You can cut synthetic fibers implanted in your scalp, but hair implants will not grow like natural hair. Thus, if you undergo this procedure to address thinning hair, you will have to settle for the same hairstyle for quite a long time. Hair transplants will grow and fall like the rest of your hair. Also if a hair follicle that has been transplanted falls, it can re-grow, but if a hair implant strand falls, it will need to be replaced with another synthetic follicle. Thus the chances of needing follow up surgeries are higher with hair implants than with hair transplants.
- Rejection: The chances of your body rejecting a synthetic fiber are much higher than the chances of your body rejecting a hair follicle transplant. Thus, the chances of infections are higher with hair implants than hair transplants.
- Results: Hair implants have instant results whereas when it comes to a hair transplant, it can take up to 8 months to notice visible results. In the meanwhile, the hair follicles may temporarily fall from the area the transplant was taken from as well.
Today, between the two, a hair transplant is more preferred than a hair implant. Before taking a decision between the two, go over the pros and cons with your doctor and see what form of treatment is more suitable to you.
The allure to look young is always compelling and the recent advancements in medical technology have resulted in many procedures, which can help you knock off years. In fact skin care related to anti aging is one of the largest and fastest growing industries within the medical realm.
Let's take a look at some of the procedures which are very effective in anti aging skin treatment:
- Specialized Chemical Peels: In this procedure a doctor will put specially formulated acids on the area of your skin, which needs to be treated. This results in the abrasion or slight burning of the skin after, which new skin cells grow in its place, hence removing age related spots, wrinkles as well as freckles.
- Injection of Botulinum Toxin Type A or Botox: This is possibly one of the most famous and well known anti aging treatments all over the world. This treatment involves injecting Botox into strategic areas of the face to reduce wrinkles and creases that may occur due to aging. This treatment is especially effective for frown lines on the forehead and close to eye corners.
- Laser Resurfacing and or other Radio Frequency Treatments: These machine related treatments also use the principle of abrasion or wounding the skin to encourage the growth of new tissue. In laser resurfacing, a laser beam destroys the epidermis or the outer layer of the skin and heats up the dermis or the lower layer of the skin. As the wounded skin tissue heals, new tissue takes it place which is tighter, thus giving you a younger look.
- Facelift surgery: It is a cosmetic surgical procedure, which takes quite some time to heal but is known to have long term results. In this procedure, excess skin and fat from your face and neck are removed surgically and after the bruising and the scarring have subsided, the new skin is much tighter thus making you look much younger.
- Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion: These procedures employ the abrasion tactic to the fullest to destroy old tissue and encourage the growth of new tissue. Dermabrasion uses the technique of sanding the skin with a rotating brush where new skin needs to grow. Microdermabrasion is a more subtle technique as it uses finer equipment to sand away only the top layer of skin and the side effects of redness, swelling and scabbing tend to be lesser compared to conventional Dermabrasion.
- Other Soft Skin Tissues Filler Injections: There are many other forms of soft skin tissue fillers other than Botox, which can be directly injected into the required area. Some of these are fats, gels and collagen which can be directly injected into wrinkles. These fillers work by swelling and plumping up the area around the skin to give it smoother look. However, these treatments also need to be done at frequent periodic intervals of a few months.
5 Ways to prevent skin conditions in athletes
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated.
Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
1. Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
2. Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
3. Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
4. Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
5. Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions. So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure that you never use sandpaper or bleach simply to pass a skin check up.
Related Tip: Quickie Home Remedies for Skin Allergies
Those looking for gorgeous hair must bear in mind that perming and colouring once in a while is fine. But if it's done too often, it can lead to irreversible hair damage.
Hello sir I am 18 years old my question is I have much pimple in my face I have tried many medicines and creams but no one work on my face I want to clear repair my face can you suggest me any idea plssss?
Dont wear tight fitting caps and hats because it will cause poor circulation in your scalp and will also cause build up of sweat and dirt.
A healthy lifestyle means healthier hair. Excessive stress, smoking, not exercising 7 eating nonnutritious food affect the health of your hair adversely.
If you really like the natural colour of your hair; then do not apply hot ironing tools. It will not only frizz dry your hair but you will also lose its natural colour coating
I m in 27 my problem is that I am facing hairfall from last 2 years with the result I absorbed very thin amount of hair which is nearly about to bald. Plzz help me with some solution. Kindly, tell me how much cost involves in hair transplant.
Try to be as relaxed as possible since stress, anxiety and nervousness of any kind often results in hair fall or dull, unhealthy hair.
Avoid the use of hot water while washing your hair, hot hair dryers or other hair care tools that may stress your hair leaving it brittle and dry.
Bumps, acne, and other skin problems can be caused due to dandruff from the hair coming into contact with the skin.
So, wash your hair with a medicated anti-dandruff shampoo to take that extra step towards healthy skin.
Oiling grows hair, now that's a myth. No external application accelerates the growth of hair. Hair oil acts as a great hair scalp conditioner. Thus helping the hair scalp healthy.
Conditioners make fine hair look limp. Make sure you apply the conditioner only on the tips and not on the scalp or length of the hair.
Either hair transplant or PRP which one better. And after that how much time will I take the medicines. I need approx 3000-4000 hair. Please give me answer as soon as.
Hair fall has become a very prevalent problem among modern men and women due to numerous reasons like a stressful lifestyle, poor diet and use of cosmetic products with harsh chemicals etc. Apart from these causes, hair fall can also happen due to various medical conditions.
Here are some of the most common causes of hair fall:
- Thyroid problems
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Scalp infections
- Poor diet
- Excessive usage of hair styling products
- Family history of hair loss
- Consumption of oral contraceptive pills
Different hair re-growth treatments are available today to curb hair loss. Some of the most effective ones among them are
1. Platelet rich plasma therapy
Human blood comprises certain stem cells and growth proteins, which help in regenerating and healing tissues. This therapy involves collecting blood from your body and then centrifuging (method applied for separating substances that don’t mix) it so that the plasma and platelets can be separated. Now this platelet rich blood is injected into your scalp or specific areas suffering from hair loss to restore lost hair and ensure their re-growth.
Mesotherapy is considered to be a very effective treatment for continuous thinning of hair, baldness and hair loss in patches. In this therapy your scalp gets injected by a vitamin using an injection gun to ensure enhanced blood circulation. Improvement in circulation of blood results in your hair follicles getting better nourishment, leading to hair re-growth. Moreover, this therapy has a neutralising effect on the DHT hormone (a sex hormone that is derived from testosterone), which is often associated with baldness among men. You can observe visible results within 4 to 6 months by opting for this therapy.
3. Stem cell therapy
This therapy works by replenishing the lost stem cells of the hair follicles. The process involves the scalp pores being inserted with stem cells, resulting in new hair growth. The function of stem cells here is to stimulate the mature and lifeless hair follicles, which leads to the formation of new healthy hair follicles. Generally, this therapy takes about 3 to 4 months to start the hair re-growth cycle.
4. Hair Transplant
In a hair transplant surgery, hair from a denser region are transplanted to an area with lesser or no hair. The identified dense hair area is cleaned and numbed. The surgeon would then remove a 3- to 4-inch strip of skin from this region, and use this strip to create hundreds of tiny grafts. These grafts are inserted into the scalp region of lesser hair density. It takes about 6-9 months for the transplanted hair to give way to newer hair.