Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kant Veer Vikram
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Kant Veer VikramYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
One of my neighbour's recommended Dr Vikram as I was suffering from Migraine. He is a very practical doctor. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely. Never thought I will suffer from something migraine like this but after the treatment, I am quite benefitted. I am so happy that I chose him for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine.
Dr. Kant Veer Vikram provides answers that are knowledgeable. Happy
There are many different Ayurvedic medicines used in the treatment of ulcerative colitis, and one of the most common ways of treatment is to use a combination of the four best medicines, which work in unison to get rid of the disease.
- Kutazghan vati: This medicine is derived from the tree Kutaz. Its scientific name is Halorrhreana anti dysentrica. The name itself suggests how effective the tree is in treating the disease. Diarrhea can occur due to many reasons, and one of the reasons is ulcerative colitis. If diarrhea is due to this, then it can get treated by taking Kutazghan Vati tablets, which are made from the bark of the tree.
- Pitta balance with calcium compounds: When pitta or the gastric juices flow more inside the intestines, it leads to bleeding due to the ulcers inside, which needs to be balanced and controlled. The use of calcium compound rich Ayurvedic medicines serve the perfect remedy. Calcium is extracted from naturally occurring things like pearls and corals. When the tablets made from such calcium compounds are consumed, the inflammation within the colon goes down, bleeding reduces and gradually stops, and the internal irritation diminishes.
- Vatsakadi churna: Tablets made from elements like fennel, coriander, Aegle Marmelos, Nutmeg, pomegranate, Green Cardamom, work like magic in treating ulcerative colitis. These are all ulcer healing items, proven beneficial for ages, and cure fast. The main function of a combination of these herbs is in restoring the metabolic imbalance carried on in the body. The ulcers are healed soon with their use, and the body balance is restored.
- Arjuna capsules: One of the wound healing barks, really very famous in Ayurveda, is the bark of the Arjuna (Terminalia Arjuna) tree. This helps in many ways to heal wounds, and specially the endothelial layer inside the body arteries are healed from injuries related to free radicals, stress and other toxins. The same effects of the Arjuna tablets are seen inside the inner layers of the intestines. The ulcers are cleaned with time with the consumption of these tablets, while the bleeding also stops, and the diarrhea which was due to the inflamed colon gets cured. Moreover, the hemoglobin level is also normalized in the body, which was once affected due to bloody diarrhea.
Ulcerative colitis is a painful situation, but can be healed totally with proper administration of Ayurvedic medicines. These 4 essential medicines must be taken in combination without suddenly stopping them. They must be continued until the symptoms and irritation go away. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
You must have heard about the indispensible use of the effective tea tree oil in so many Ayurvedic preparations. The oil is effective for many reasons, and the six common uses are as follows.
- Treating scars and wounds: Tea tree oil is effective in extremely small concentrations, and can cause miraculous effects. That is why only a small portion is enough to get promising results. When two drops of tea tree oil are combined with 15 drops of Jojoba oil, and this mixture is applied to the wounds, injuries and scars, they heal quickly and scars disappear faster.
- Treating breathing and respiratory problems: A lot of medical conditions, which may be caused by a bacteria or virus, can result in respiratory problems as a direct effect or side effect. In all such cases like cough and cold, flu, asthma, bronchitis, pharyngitis, tuberculosis etc., tea tree oil is highly effective and hence used in Ayurvedic medicines to loosen the mucous inside and expel it out. A direct massage on the chest by adding it with the other oils, or adding a few drops to warm water for inhaling vapour can help.
- Mind freshener and nerve treatment: Tea tree oil has found great usage in mind freshening and nervous disease treatments. That’s because of the soothing effect of the oil in boosting the mind and body. In fact, it is also used in fighting fatigue, tiredness, phobias, fear, stress etc. Therefore, a body massage with coconut oil and about five drops of tea tree oil added to it helps very much.
- Clearing lice and dandruff: These two are the major problems of hair and scalp, and both have a common remedy, which is the tea tree oil. The oil has microbial and fungicidal properties, which prove it to be a useful ingredient in the making of concoction and Ayurvedic medicines for dandruff and lice problems. The oil can directly be blended with hair oil or shampoo for great effects.
- Skin infections due to bacteria and fungus: Skin problems aggravated by fungus infection, bacteria etc. can be alleviated with application of tea tree oil. The antifungal properties of the oil helps fight worse conditions like athlete’s foot, jock itch etc. Equal proportions of tea tree oil and any other oil like coconut or almond oil can be applied on to the affected parts twice daily to clear off fungus and heal the skin.
- Immunity and resistance booster: Tea tree oil can be used for massages and rubs by mixing just two drops to any other base oil like coconut oil, for treating and preventing several skin and body conditions. These include bed sores, fungal infections, nappy and diaper rashes, cuts and wounds, insect bites, rashes and a lot more. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Do you know about the various types of Ayurvedic herbs and the wide range of healthy properties they possess? Every herb used as a part of Ayurveda consists of several health benefits, which include healthier skin, weight loss, and overall vitality. Here are five power herbs, which are beneficial for women for maintaining good overall health:
- Guduchi ( giloy) : Guduchi, also known as Giloy, is an important power herb for women. It is rich in antioxidants and also possesses anti aging properties. Make a powder from the stem of this herb and consume it by mixing it with honey and water. It is ideal for women with diabetes, and also helps in the treatment of fevers, urinary tract disorders, several infections, water borne diseases, and digestive disorders. This herb extract is an ideal liver tonic and improves vision, stress, and cold. Your body’s platelet count also increases on taking this herb. Conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome are also treated.
- Wheat grass: This herb contains vitamin A, C, E, K, and B complex in high amounts, and is effective for improving your immunity. The herb is used ideally for helping cases of iron deficiency in women and preventing the occurrence of anemia. It contains large quantities of chlorophyll and helps in improving your body’s hemoglobin count. Wheat grass also contains proteins and amino acids in abundance. You can consume wheat grass in juice form and powdered form.
- Drumstick leaves: Also known as muringa, this is an effective herb, which is rich in beta carotene and vitamin C. It contains anti-diabetic and anti-inflammatory properties and is considered to be a capable energy booster. You can add this herb to regular food and tea. It helps in improving your hemoglobin levels, improves the production of milk in lactating women and is also good for your bones.
- Lodhra: This powerful Ayurvedic herb is ideal for women in several ways. It is an effective coagulant and stops bleeding in wounds and gums. It is beneficial for treating uterus inflammation in women and supports women during excessive menstrual discharge during pregnancy. The herb also helps in maintaining uterus strength and physical strength, and prevents miscarriage.
- Shatavari: This powerful herb is quite beneficial for women who are of reproductive age. It is an effective herb, which helps in strengthening the entire female reproductive system. It helps a woman to move into menopause with peace and less distress. Hormonal balance is also kept in check by the properties of Shatavari. It is effective for boosting energy levels and body immunity.
These essential Ayurvedic power herbs should be taken by a woman regularly for keeping healthy and mentally sound. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Is bedwetting a regular feature in your child? Has this been continuing for a long time and is making you concerned? Nocturnal enuresis is the condition in which a child passes urine when he sleeps at night, unknowingly. It is referred to as bedwetting or nightwetting in Ayurveda. Shayyamutra is the Ayurvedic name of this condition in which shayya refers to sleeping, and mutra means urine.
Ayurvedic guidelines and remedies
- You must ensure that your child is getting sufficient sleep. A proper sleep schedule will make it easier for him to wake up when his bladder is full and he needs to urinate.
- The bowel must be kept clear to prevent thread worms from troubling at night. They account for being an important cause for bedwetting.
- Your child should abstain from food items such as green gram, potato, tea, chocolates, coffee, and spicy foods producing gas.
- You must make sure that your child does not drink any liquid right before going to sleep. On the contrary, his bladder should be emptied before going to bed.
- Bladder stretching exercises should be undertaken, which are effective for the management of bedwetting in children.
- In children who experience bedwetting in spite of being grown up, the reason is usually stress. Stress may occur from various causes and it is important to bring your child’s stress under control. For this, he should undertake yoga, mindful meditation, and other relaxation techniques.
There are various Ayurvedic home remedies, which are ideal for managing bedwetting in children. Some of them are as follows:
- Fry one spoon of coriander seeds until it turns brown. Mix one teaspoon each of sesame seeds, babul gum, and pomegranate flowers and make a fine powder out of the ingredients. Add crystal sugar to the mixture and give this to your child before bedtime regularly.
- Give half a cup of milk and Sarshapa in a powdered state to your child before he/she goes to sleep at night.
- Ayurvedic remedies used for curing bedwetting in children aim at strengthening your nervous system and your urinary tract. Vishatinduka vati, Chandraprabha vati, and Shilajitwaadi vati are common Ayurvedic medicines used for treating bedwetting.
- Deworming should be carried out for the infestation of intestinal worms, which may provide relief to your child.
- Several medicinal herbs are also used for the Ayurvedic treatment of bedwetting. They include bimbi, kataka, amalaki, hareetaki, haridra, khadira, and a lot more.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We live in a world today in which health drinks are really all around us. The sad thing, though, is that a lot of these drinks contain things which are ironically not that healthy! So, isn’t it a pretty good idea to use some age old and time-proven recipes for drinks which helps one lose weight and are completely natural?
There are just so many drinks which are proven by Ayurveda to help a person in the effort of losing weight. Also, they are so simple to make and the ingredients can usually be sourced from around the house. Isn’t that quite awesome? One of the best combinations for one to start off with is the combination of black pepper powder, honey and some lemon juice as well as water. All that is required to be done is to bring the ingredients together and mix them well. To be more specific, a glass of lukewarm water and about four tablespoons of lemon juice are to be added to a teaspoon of black pepper and the same amount of honey. Consistency when it comes to natural health drinks is of the highest importance. That being said, who ever knew that achieving weight loss could be so easy?
If getting these ingredients together is proving to be a little problematic, there is nothing to worry about. As long as honey and water can be found, that is a health drink right there! As a matter of fact, a very easy to make health drink happens to be hot water in which a tablespoon or two of pure organic honey is dissolved. The mixture should be drunk before one goes to bed so as to have the greatest possible impact.
When it comes to drinks for weight loss, those having honey may seem to be odd choices as honey is sweet and most people are taught that sweet stuff is a sure-fire way to go about adding on the pounds. However, honey in reasonable amounts actually helps activate the liver into making a greater amount of glucose.
Foods which have a high water content are known to be healthy and this is true for cucumber. When it is combined with some cumin, lemon and black pepper, it can really ramp up the weight loss. A medium sized, sliced cucumber, along with half a lemon juiced and with water, with small amounts of the other ingredients is what is needed. The pepper is what helps raise the metabolism so losing weight is a lot easier! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Dandruff is a condition where flakes of dead skin appear on the scalp, accompanied with itching. There are different types of dandruff you can suffer from. It be can yellow and sticky or white and flaky. It is a very common condition, which is often the result of exposure to styling products, chronic constipation, stress, fatigue or pollution. A chemical treatment can surely cure the condition but it can also harm your hair as well as have its fair share of side effects.
Here are a few ayurvedic treatments which you could try to treat dandruff:
1. Coconut oil and camphor: Mix a small portion of camphor with some coconut. Store it in a container and apply it to your scalp every night. The camphor will help cool your scalp, which will help reduce the dandruff.
2. Coconut and lemon: Lemon is a particular ingredient, which is used for many hair care remedies. Warm up the coconut oil, mix some lemon juice in it and apply it on your scalp. Leave it on for at least half an hour and then wash your hair with shampoo. Perform this remedy at least for two to three weeks.
3. Curd and gram flour: Take a small bowl of curd and mix two to three teaspoons of gram flour. Add half a spoon of lemon juice in the mixture before applying it on your scalp and leave it for half an hour. Curd and gram flour are considered to be the best cleansers to clean the scalp and one of the best remedies for dandruff.
4. Lemon and neem leaves: Take a few neem leaves and make a paste. Add only half of a lemon to the paste and apply the mixture to your scalp. Leave it on for half an hour before washing your hair with shampoo. Follow this for at least two to three weeks.
5. Hot oil massage: A hot oil massage not only gives you relaxation, but also helps a lot with dandruff. Heat up a small amount of oil and massage your scalp with it. The hot oil seeps deeper into the roots of hair.
These remedies not only clear your scalp of the dandruff, but they also make your hair soft, smooth and healthy. So go and try them out. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
In order to know the benefits of abhangya, it is important to understand what exactly abhangya is. We do, at times, massage ourselves unconsciously. However, the practice of massaging oneself from head to toe with nice and warm oil lovingly is known as abhangya. According to Ayurveda, like being loved by another person, abhangya too provides individuals with a deep sense of stability. Ayurveda states that daily practice of abhangya helps in restoring the balance between the three doshas of our body - the pitta dosha, kapha dosha and vata dosha.
Ayurveda states that the individuals who practice this self massage technique regularly become vey less affected and even less subjected to accidental injuries. These individuals also tend to become charming and very less affected by age. Now that we have discussed a bit of what abhangya is, here is a list of the benefits that come with it.
- This self massage technique helps in nourishing the body and slowing down the ageing process considerably.
- This technique helps is bestowing individuals with good vision.
- This process helps in stimulating the internal body organs and increases and improves blood circulation. This results in lesser blood pressure and a healthier body.
- This technique helps in imparting a sort of firmness to the limbs and hands, thereby strengthening the body’s tolerance.
- This technique also benefits the skin. Well, the thing about our body is each organ in our body is interrelated with each other. So when any one organ starts working perfectly, everything else follows suit. It has been seen that this technique helps impart a sort of tone and vigour to the tissues of the body itself.
- Abhangya helps pacify the vata and the pitta doshas.
- If applied to the scalp, it helps in growing luxurious, soft, thick and really glossy hair.
- This is also said to reduce wrinkles on the face.
- When applied to the ears, stiffness of neck and jaw can be eased.
We have discussed how this practice benefits us, but here are some of the situations when we aren’t supposed to perform abhangya.
- During menstrual cycle
- During pregnancy
- In swollen or painful areas
- Over skin that has any sort of rash or infection
- During any acute illnesses
- During any health condition until and unless the doctor said that it was perfectly fine to do abhangya
All in all, Abhangya is a process that should definitely be carried out for personal well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hernia or what in Ayurveda is known as Antra Vriddhi, is a condition that takes place when an internal organ in your abdomen gets displaced and protrudes outward, giving rise to swelling in the abdominal region.
Even though you can develop a hernia anywhere in your body, it mostly occurs in the abdominal region and can affect both men and women at any age.
The causes of hernia are:
Even though hernia can be a hereditary condition, certain factors can contribute in causing it. These are:
- Persistent coughing
- Putting excess pressure while passing faeces
- Straining your abdominal muscles by exercising or lifting objects that are heavy
- Buildup of fluid in your abdominal cavity
Some of the symptoms that indicate you have hernia include a visible, hard protrusion, development of soft lumps and pain. However, some people may not experience any symptoms at all. Hernia can be of many types, depending on the part of the body affected and even varying on the basis of your gender. In worst cases, you may require surgery but Ayurveda can cure your hernia completely without the need of you going through a surgical process.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda helps in curing your hernia by focussing on your diet. If you follow these rules, you can cure yourself of hernia completely.
- Reduce the amount of food you eat in a day and take small meals frequently instead of the standard three meals.
- While eating, make sure you eat your food slowly.
- Drink lots of water and other fluids, but do not consume aerated drinks
- It is advised not to take water with your meals, but only to drink a glass of water an hour after and half an hour before each meal. By doing this, you reduce your chances of getting heartburn and aid in the proper functioning of the digestive system.
- Eating any form of raw food, such as uncooked meat and vegetables is strictly forbidden along with processed foods such as bread, cakes, cookies etc. However, when eating cooked food, make sure it's lightly cooked and not overcooked.
- Having a glass of juice freshly squeezed from vegetables or fruits is recommended, especially carrot juice as it is enriched with calcium and vitamin A that help in the healing process.
- Make sure that whole grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits are a part of your diet.
- Lastly, go for a walk after each meal and do not sleep after eating, especially if you've had a heavy meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
If you are concerned about whether you should drink water right before and after a meal, you should know that there are different ideologies and beliefs. Many doctors suggest you should not drink water before a meal, in between a meal or after a meal. Some say that you should not have water before and after a meal, but you can have it in between. Hence, there is a lot of confusion over this subject. Here is an analysis, according to Ayurveda about why you should not drink water just before or after having a meal.
When to drink water?
According to many doctors and studies, it is recommended that you should not take water in between a meal. However, according to Ayurveda, you should drink water in between your mealtime, instead of having it before or after.
Drinking water before a meal
According to Ayurveda, water before taking a meal is capable of diluting and weakening of your digestive strength and capacity. This is because of the factor that water is a coolant and having it before a meal opposes your digestive strength. Thus, you should avoid having water right before you sit down for a meal.
Drinking water after a meal
Drinking water right after having a meal is considered to affect the quality of the food you intake, along with your digestive strength. A touch of its coolant effect is conveyed to whatever food you have consumed. This may make a person obese over a certain period of time. Therefore, you must not have water immediately after finishing a meal.
Drinking water in between a meal
This is the proper thing to do as per the principles of Ayurveda. Drinking water while you are having a meal helps in moistening the food you are eating. It helps in breaking down the food particles into small fragments. It also quenches your thirst in between a meal. Hence, drinking water in between a meal is considered ideal.
What to do in case you need to take a medicine before meals?
In case you have to take a prescribed medicine before a meal, you must drink water 20 minutes before the meal. Do not have a lot of water and only take the amount you need to gulp down your medicines.
There are counter views regarding this subject, which say that you should drink water right before, and after a meal, as it helps in digestion. Diabetic patients are adviced to take medicine of diabetes with the meal or just before having the meal.