Wilson's Disease Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Treatment of Mellitus
Treatment Of Maxillofacial Trauma
Liver Problems Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Liver Diseases
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Acute Pancreatitis Treatment
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Veerendra Singh to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
I rate him Best Doctor of Faizabad City
Pulmonary hypertension is a medical condition that arises when the blood pressure remains consistently high in the vessels of the lungs. This condition can develop from a completely unrelated medical condition and is more prevalent among women.
Pulmonary Hypertension can be a hard disease to diagnose. While it has no permanent cure, the medication depends on how far the disease has advanced. From group 1 PAH to group 5 PAH, pulmonary hypertension has 5 stages of advancement.
Here is a list of 10 ways by which this disease can be kept under control along with the prescribed medication:
- Quit smoking: Smoking aggravates pulmonary hypertension. It has adverse effects on both the heart and the lung. It is therefore of utmost importance to quit smoking. If you fail to control your urge of smoking, contact your doctor who can suggest a quitting plan.
- Avoid high altitude: Patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension should avoid flying and living at high altitude. An altitude of 8000 feet and above can worsen the symptoms. It is therefore suggested that you do not take flights for travelling or come down below the altitude of 2428 meters if you are living in hilly areas.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet consisting of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains should be consumed on a daily basis. A nutritious diet goes a long way in keeping pulmonary hypertension in check.
- Adequate rest: A minimum of 8 hours of sleep is recommended for patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. A good night’s sleep and frequent naps keeps fatigue at bay.
- Pregnancy and birth control pills: Avoiding pregnancy is a must for patients suffering from this disease. Pregnancy can be life threatening for the both the baby and the mother. Birth control pills should be avoided as well. It greatly increases the chance of blood clots.
- Maintain a steady blood pressure: Any activities that lower the blood pressure should be avoided by all means. Spending too much time in a bathtub or prolonged stress increases the chances fainting.
- Become more active: Patients of pulmonary hypertension often run out of breath with little to no activity. While activities such as weight lifting should be strictly avoided, some exercise or daily jogging can fetch good result in keeping a patient healthy.
- Get vaccine on time: Doctors often suggest vaccines if the patient suffers from pneumonia or influenza. It should be ensured that such vaccines are taken on time. For patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension, prolonged exposure to diseases such as pneumonia can wreak havoc.
- Regular checkup: Regular follow up with the doctor is of prime importance. Any possible side effects or deterioration can be arrested with constant supervision.
- On time medication: Patients of pulmonary hypertension should ensure that all the medicines suggested by the doctor are taken at regular intervals as per prescribed dosage.
Due to insufficient sleep, my face now turned very aged and dull. For example eyebag, wrinkles etc. Apart from sufficient sleep, what can I do to look young.
Before I wake up form sleep for 2 min I feel like I don't have body, everything got free, its very scary I don't know what's happening please give me solution .n it happen only when I sleep at day time most.
I feel some thing moving inside my body for past few years. I think I might be a leech as my blood level keep on reducing so what can I do. So please help me out of this.
Dear Sir, L1, L2,L3, impression, showing MRI report, so doctor said it's not problem it's decrease slowly, he says some exercise I doing every day last 6 months but no quer, pls suggest me what I do.
Fatigue is a common complaint amongst middle aged people. It is mostly seen in people who have refrained from physical activity or working out for long. This being said, there are a host of other diseases where fatigue acts as the most prominent symptom. Some major diseases where fatigue is involved are anemia, heart diseases, thyroid and diabetes. If you are feeling exhausted or worn out even after a good night’s sleep, it is time to consult your doctor. Here are a few tips that can help you in managing fatigue in the early stage:
- Review your existing medication: Get your doctor to check your medication to ensure that the fatigue is not a result of your existing medicine. Doctors often change the medication for any side effects such as this. It is also advised not to take additional medicine to counter fatigue.
- Start moving: Studies show that physical activity greatly boosts the level of energy in an individual. Daily exercise not only reduces fatigue but makes the heart and lung function more efficiently. It increases vigor and the overall quality of life. According to a study conducted by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, it was seen that people who are more active have more self-confidence.
- Drink water: Dehydration often causes day time fatigue. It not only impairs the physical performance of an individual but also contribute to lack of alertness and motivation. A good indicator of the body’s hydration is the color of the urine. Ideally it should be yellow, pale or straw colored. Any coloration other than this signifies that the body needs more water.
- Hit the bed early: Lack of sleep is one of the biggest factors of fatigue. A study conducted by the Stanford University in 2004 showed that people with good sleeping habits suffers from less fatigue. An afternoon nap followed by a coffee further reduces fatigue and energizes a person. 8 hours of sleep is considered to be healthy and keeps fatigue at bay.
- Frequent eating: It is observed that people who eat small meals several times a day are less prone to this condition than others who eat twice or thrice a day but eat bigger meals. Frequent eating maintains a steady blood sugar level and helps a person concentrate harder. This being said, it has to be ensured that food is consumed in smaller quantities to refrain from putting on weight.
- Try Yoga: While any kind of exercise is helpful in countering fatigue, yoga is particularly helpful in boosting energy. A British study conducted among young adults showed that those who attended 6 weeks of yoga classes are found to be more energetic and mindful. Yoga should be practiced under strict supervision of an instructor to avoid any possible complications of the body.
Hello respected doctors I had an angioplasty an stent had inserted on august 18 2016 almost 2.5 months my question is can I play badminton daily.
Sir, question is regarding diet and nutrition Some days ago, I have seen an add about bodybuilding, diet/supplements n food. They collect the blood sample n undergo its different parameters. And finally the suggest food n diet accordingly, do you think its genuine? Its necessary to check blood sample for suggesting diet and all?
As we go about life and routine activities, we may be exposed to a lot of different types of environments. We may have to travel in heavy traffic and may be exposed to vehicular pollution, there may be times when we are at places that allow smoking and that may expose us to smoke from cigarettes. Our nature of work today requires us to be constantly in a situation where we take in industrial fumes and exhausts. Being in any of these conditions temporarily may not be a big matter of worry, but when the incidents get more frequent they may lead to troubles in breathing and diseases such as bronchitis or acute bronchitis.
Acute bronchitis is a condition in which the bronchial tube that carries air to and from the lungs gets inflamed due to different reasons. The biggest hazard related to the inflammation of the bronchial tube is that the patient may suffer from constant coughing and irritation of the throat putting pressure on the lungs. In advanced cases, a bronchial infection may also leave the nodes of the lungs inflamed, making it more difficult for the patients to breathe.
Causes of Acute Bronchitis:
The most common causes of bronchitis include the infection of the bronchial tube with bacteria or virus, which lead to the inflammation of the tube and subsequent bouts of coughing.
A habit of smoking cigarettes or being exposed to cigarette smoke as a passive smoker may lead to the infection of the bronchial tube.
Vehicular smoke and fumes also lead to the inflammation and infection of the tube that plays an imminent role in supplying oxygen to the lungs.
Finally, when one works in a position where he/she is exposed to chemicals or harmful exhausts on a constant basis may also have to suffer from acute bronchitis.
Treating the Problem:
One of the best ways to combat health issues such as problems of bronchitis may be to lead a lifestyle as healthy as possible and to make sure that bad habits such as cigarette smoking are kept at bay. Apart from lifestyle habits, if a person falls prey to acute bronchitis, it may be important to undergo treatment so that long term effects to the lungs may be avoided.
Choosing the right treatment is of essence when you need to get the best results. One of the most effective treatments in maintaining a healthy bronchial tube is to opt for homeopathic treatment. The most viable trait of the treatment is that it does not lead to affecting the other body systems in a negative manner and the results are achieved by ensuring that it remains easy on the body. The natural ingredients and components of the medicines in homeopathy do not leave the patient weak and fighting for strength. This is one of the main reasons why people today prefer homeopathy over other conventional medicines.