Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Erode. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. Madhan KumarYour feedback matters!
Sir I think im suffering from digestion problem I eat and I go to washroom I think I have liver problem and from back some mud come out so what should I do please give me urgent care.
I have gastric problems so how can I solve it my stomach is always full so how can I solve it please give me suggestions I need it.
I am 30 year old and working in IT, I used 2 face gastric problem daily, I feel like heartburn, stomach full, abdominal pain n I tuk lot medicines like pantoprazole, esomeprazole, omeprazole, gelusil, digene n a lot f syrup but nothing z working on me. please for suggest me something
I have a severe pain in my left side of stomach. I feel uncomfortable after taken heavy meal. Sometimes gastric problem also occurs.
Diabetes is a systemic disease that affects almost every part of your body. Of these, the digestive system is the most badly affected. While gastrointestinal disorders are commonly experienced by everyone, diabetics have a much higher risk of suffering from indigestion, food poisoning, gallstones and ulcers. Some of the most common gastrointestinal problems experienced by diabetics are:
- Gastroparesis: High blood sugar levels can damage the vagus nerve that controls the emptying of the stomach. As a result fo this damage, the muscles of the stomach and intestines do not work optimally leading to a condition known as Gastroparesis. This is a condition where the stomach is not able to empty itself properly and the digestion process is slowed down. Gastroparesis can cause bloating, nausea, pain in the abdomen, heart burn and a loss of appetite. It can also cause undigested food in the stomach to harden and form lumps that block food from moving into the intestines. This disease cannot be cured but can be managed with medication and a special diet.
- Ulcers: Stomach ulcers can be described as open sores that develop on the inner lining of the stomach, oesophagus and beginning of the small intestine. These ulcers form as a result of bacterial infections. Diabetes weakens a person’s immune system thus reducing their ability to fight these infections and increasing the risk of developing ulcers. Diabetes also increases the risk of bleeding from these ulcers and secondary infections that may arise from it.
- Yeast infections: Diabetics are extremely vulnerable to yeast infections. This is aggravated by fluctuation in blood sugar levels and can extend from the mouth to the oesophagus. Common symptoms of this type of yeast infection are pain in the throat and difficulty swallowing. It may also cause heartburn and intestinal bleeding if left untreated.
- Celiac sprue: This condition creates gluten allergies and causes the inflammation and thinning of the small intestine’s mucosa. In some cases, this condition may interfere with the absorption of food and lead to diarrhoea and weight loss.
- Diabetic diarrhoea: Patients who have been suffering from diabetes for a few years may experience an increased urge to pass stools frequently. This is usually related to gastric problems in the colon which cause fluids to move at a faster than normal speed through the small bowel and colon. It may also be caused due to the secretion of fluids in the colon and improper absorption of food. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
My mom has gastroduodenitis. Her left part of stomach is paining from 4 months. And it is still paining after treatment. What to do?
I am a 52 years old male. I have chronic acidity problem for the past 10 yrs. Rarely can I do without antacid. Acidity is accentuated in the evening / night. Can you suggest a remedy for this. Can homeopathy help cure this problem? Otherwise I am of sound health and an active person. Thanks.
I have a bad breath problem. Though I brush twice daily and flush sometimes as well but the problem persists. My digestion is also ok. Sometimes toilets are not timely.
In a routine medical check up, the Alkaline phosphatase value show 136.2. Normal range shows 53-128. GGT value shows 62.8 against normal range of <55. Please advise.
I felt very uneasy with some gastric problem and I went and net one gastroenterologist and after endoscopy he said there is a pre-pyloric ulcer and gave me esomeprazole tables to take every morning. But even though I'm taking the tablets I'm feeling very heavy in the stomach mainly after eating food probably the gas due to very slow digestion of food. Yesterday evening I drank one glass of buttermilk and I vomited it in the night. What should I do now?
I have issues related to passing of gas. As info, I have methi seeds in the morning and milk before sleep and normal meals includes fish, chicken, rice dal and roti at different times. Can you please suggest some remedy?
Sir, I am 49, my digestion system is very low. I suffer very frequent with acidity problem and when it increase my head started reeling. I used antacid to get relief. Pls suggest some remedy for instant relief.
I am 39 years old male and I am suffering from fissure for the past 40 days. I am getting homeopathic treatment. After one week I had opted for a new doctor as there was no relief after meeting the first doctor. I haven't taken any tests but both the doctors on inquiring me came to the conclusion that it's fissure. I am not bleeding and able to pass stools a bit freely. After passing stools I am feeling severe irritation/burning sensation inside and around the anal area. The medicine seems to give relief but it is resurfacing again and again. I am giving sits bath twice a day. I don't want to go under the knife. I am following a very strict diet avoiding spice and tamarind. Please leave your suggestions so that I can get instant and permanent relief.
I am suffering from loose motion, mostly for one to two days every month. It happens more than 15 times per day, sometimes with pain, vomiting tendency and gas discomfort in the stomach. How I should go ahead in the treatment.
I'm facing some type of vomiting feel for a second when I had tea and suppose to go for walk. It's been observed many times. Is this is symptoms of gas? Please clarify. I'm working about 8 hours front of computer, having the medium food daily three times a day and having more quantity of water daily then also still I'm facing these type of gastric.
I am suffering from serious gastric problem for last 4 weeks. Head burn, chest burn, rapid heartbeat, senseless body parts (hand, legs). I also have dry cough and a little bit cold. I think, may be cough make it more critical gastric problem. Blocking flow of gas in body parts by cough mainly in head & chest. What I should do now?
I have internal and external piles with problem of fisher. Till now I had become habitual living with these. Now fuskula detected few months back. Doctor opinion operate. As discharge irritating. Is there any other way to get cure fistula other than operation. I can live with piles n fisher. Not a problem but is fuskula curable by non operative way?
From yesterday I have a pain in my left chest. I think this is because of acidity or gass problem. I took a medicine for that but after a few hours it start paining. Now what should I do next?
Causes & symptoms of acidity
Acidity is the cause of surplus secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. Our stomach secretes an acid, which is necessary for the digestive process. This acid, in turn, produces various digestive enzymes, like pepsin, which help in the breaking complex food particles into elements that can be easily digested by the body. When there secretion of acid is more than necessary, it results in the feeling of immense heartburn, along with a sensation of inflammation in the throat. This condition has been given the name of acidity. Its other symptoms include formation of ulcers and dyspepsia. Consumption of alcohol, highly spicy food and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaid's) also trigger acid formation and result in acidity. Nonetheless, it can be cured at home using various procedures. Read on to know about some home remedies for curing acidity.
Home remedies for acidity
If you are suffering from acidity, try to suck on a piece of clove. It will bring immediate relief. For people who are prone to acidity, intake of milk or other dairy products will prove to be helpful.
Regular consumption of fresh mint juice can also help you get rid of acidity.
Add two teaspoons apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons honey to a glass of water. Drink this concoction after meals, as it reduces the chances of acidity.
Boil cumin seeds in a glass of water. Let it cool down and supplement your meals with it.
Banana, cucumber and watermelon have been found to be helpful in treating acidity naturally.
If you are have acidity problem, avoid taking tea, coffee and other aerated drinks. Instead, go for herbal tea, containing spearmint (pudina) and liquorice (mulethi).
The simplest of all remedies is to have a glass of warm water every day, early in the morning. Water is believed to neutralize acidity.
Drink coconut water 3 to 4 times in a day. It will help bring relief from acidity.
If you are looking for an immediate relief, have a bowl of yoghurt. It is one of the most effective home remedies for acidity.
If you constantly suffer from acidity, suck on 10 grams jaggery everyday, after meals. It will help you avoid acid formation.
Have a glass of cabbage juice everyday, in order to avoid acid formation and the resultant acidity.
If you want instant relief from acidity, take a glass of water with a teaspoon of soda in it.